Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round)

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 6/34
    Metallica - One 9/41
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 7/40
    Carcass – Genital Grinder 7/35
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 3/16
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 6/33
    Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 9/40
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 7/46
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 8/37
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth NO VOTE/37 - Sturm you made a calculation error
    Last edited by Harvester of Sorrow; February 06, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round)

Simple, the winner receives rep from those who took part in the contest and didn't make it. But to make sure it does not become an annoying game of rep beggars, if you won and haven't received from a member, don't go asking and demanding for the bloody rep, perhaps the person cannot give you, or perhaps he forgot, simple let it be, that would be basically the only rule.

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I'm going entirely by last.fm stats on that
    Opeth what is that? Now Manowar is ace. And last.fm can go to...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Simple, the winner receives rep from those who took part in the contest and didn't make it. But to make sure it does not become an annoying game of rep beggars, if you won and haven't received from a member, don't go asking and demanding for the bloody rep, perhaps the person cannot give you, or perhaps he forgot, simple let it be, that would be basically the only rule.
    well, if you cannot enforce it its not a rule only a suggestion, a good one. Ill add it per se in OP

SO +REP the bloody winner or else...

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Opeth what is that? Now Manowar is ace. And last.fm can go to...
    Opeth is also ace. Give 'em a listen.
    They're about equal in popularity on last.fm anyway. Opeth: 664,578 listeners, Manowar: 522,113

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Opeth is also ace. Give 'em a listen.
    They're about equal in popularity on last.fm anyway. Opeth: 664,578 listeners, Manowar: 522,113
    I bet the bulk of their fans dont even know what is last.fm or dont have any intention to start using the internet yet

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round till 20:00 GMT)

Manowar fans are too busy raping the enemy's wives, burning down their houses and raiding villages to pay attention to internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    well, if you cannot enforce it its not a rule only a suggestion, a good one. Ill add it per se in OP

SO +REP the bloody winner or else...
    There is no such thing as "or else", you cannot force anything, it's just a mutual understanding, for example, look the thread "Guess the Name of the the Movie", we all have that rule and we never had problem or anything of the sort, just add the rule "Winner gains Rep" simple as that, no one will deny the rep, and if they don't, just let it be.

And rep me for the brilliant idea or else...

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round till 20:00 GMT)

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 9/43 - That song is an absolute perfection , the duet , the story . I recommend everybody Operation Mindcrime live .
    Metallica - One 6/41 - More nostalgic value , then my real appreciation for the the song .
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 6/40 - Nice Doom
    Carcass – Genital Grinder 35 - NO VOTE
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 9/25 - I feel ashamed that haven't listened to this band/album , a mistake that I have to repair .
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 7/40 - God Old Early BL
    Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 6/46 - Thrash is meh to me these days .
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 6/52 - A Hit song , noting much to it .
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 9/46 - ING MANWAR
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 6/43 - The only song I really noticed in that album .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 06, 2013 at 06:58 PM.

delete

I still find this theme retarded, because, as expected, Iron Maiden is Winning..

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 8/51
    Metallica - One 10/51
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 5/45
    Carcass – Genital Grinder 2/37
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 1/26
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 6/46
    Testament - Eerie Inhabitants 4/50
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness NO VOTE/52
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 6/52
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 7/50

So it's a tie, and two people left right? It's still open...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Awesome idea, Sturm und Drang! You get +1 rep indeed.

Unfortunately I'm working in Kyrgyzstan at the moment, which means I have a crappy Internet connection up here in the mountains. Using a Beeline company modem, I can't be making quick posts and posting videos like this when I'm literally paying by the megabyte.

I'd love to participate when I head back to the USA in like...four months from now.

May I posit one song at least: "Be All, End All" by Anthrax, from the album State of Euphoria. Granted, not their best album, but it's from 88.

you can just name a song...not necesarily posting the youtube video.

Manowar 52. Iron Maiden 52.

PLEASE GODS OF METAL, GRANT ME THY VICTORY!

I think people should be allowed to vote for their song, because if someone forgets or can't vote, his song gets advantage by not having a no vote entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I think people should be allowed to vote for their song, because if someone forgets or can't vote, his song gets advantage by not having a no vote entry.
    Nope, it's best as it is. If someone forgets to vote, everyone else will also have one less vote.

There we go, I'M VOTING.

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 7/58
    Metallica - One 4/55
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 6/51
    Carcass – Genital Grinder 7/44
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 8/34
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind CANNOT VOTE / 46
    Testament - Eerie Inhabitants 7/57
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 7 / 59
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 8/60
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 7/57

So I guess Manowar wins.
    Unless someone else votes...

The main drawback of this ban is that the winner cannor really capitalize his theme pick. He will base his theme on a song which he naturally feels he would win with but he cannot concure to that .
    Last edited by Kranos; February 07, 2013 at 12:54 PM.