Thread: Looking for advice on transferring units between mods

Senator

Default Looking for advice on transferring units between mods

Hi - I've been trying to learn a bit of modding, mainly just to edit some TATW sub-mods i play to make them look a bit more like the descriptions in the books and my idea of what LOTR units should look like

I saw this mod and was trying to copy some of your very nice units into one of the TATW sub-mods. I'm confused though that in the modeldb file you don't seem to have any attachments stuff thats in all the TATW mods. Will they still work in other mods without attachments? Was trying with just one unit so for - Scottish Armoured Warband to use as Dale armoured spearmen, but keep getting an Unspecified error after adding it in.

Could you give any advice or help please?

(i'm not trying to make a sub-mod myself atm, just improve the sub-mods i play myself - and if i ever got a good enough understanding of the stuff to make sub-mods i'd ask you for permission of course before using any of your stuff and wouldn't use it if you weren't happy about it)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Looking for advice on transferring units between mods

Are you sure you're doing the right model? The name of a model in EDU is not in the soldier line but in the armour_ug_models line.

PS: you better ask in the modding forums.