Thread: Whoa

Campidoctor

Default Whoa

I can't believe I had never seen this mod before, because ever since coming across it last night I'm blown away. And the reason I did finally find it was I'd been playing this text based roleplaying game called King of Dragon Pass (ipad port) and it made me crave some Total War style action. But I really wanted a Kingdoms mod that was based around exactly this timeframe and cultures, which I hadn't recalled ever playing before. So I came on here and looked through the mods I thought I'd looked through a million times, but I guess never quite so closely. You can imagine my excitement when I finally saw the description for The Last Kingdom, then the preview threads and everything else. This was perfection. I eagerly awaited around the hour or so it took to download, and once everything was set up and I started my campaign as Hordaland, I knew this was gonna be something special.

I do have one concern though, about a possible bug. From all the descriptions and traits and stuff, I had been anxious to cross paths with Harold Tanglehair/Fairhair for the first time. And when finally I did spot him marching his army across the frozen tundra, I came to see he's only 12 years old! I should mention I'm using 3.05, patched to 3.06, applied the latest hotfix, and the latest RR/RC submod from the bottom of that post. Is this in fact a bug? Or is he meant to start off the game at 12?

Default Re: Whoa

Wikipedia says he was born in around 850; Britannica says he was born in around 860. The mod starts in 865, so it is possible for him to have been 12 at the time. Ultimately, it was more important to have him in the mod in his proper role than to try to be as accurate as possible about his age.

If you're using my submod, don't forget to post your thoughts and suggestions about it in its thread.

Campidoctor

Ah! Yeah I looked up the name and saw those dates, but just wanted to be really sure before killing him if it was meant to be.

Don't wish to open new thread, but share here my delight with this mod. It looks super polished, and is a fun to play. Somehow, even the campaign pace and battle behavior suits me. Another victory for smaller campaign maps, but tighter interaction between factions, and more depth for each one of them.

Going to have to agree here with the "WHOA!" (I do not exaggerate the caps .) I rediscovered my physical copies of M2TW and the Kingdoms expansion (the Steam version was a no go for mods ) and went looking around for mods other than Third Age Total War and Stainless Steel. And low and behold I actually discovered this through someone's signature. (The artwork drew me in, it is really good.) I have a number of mods I want to play and this one keeps rearing its head every time I surf the mod forum. I'm really excited to give this a go.

As a question to any team members still around, is there any chance of an artwork pdf release? Honestly, whether or not Danova comes back, it would be a real shame to loose the artwork. Sort of like a huge collection of the faction preview threads, miscellaneous artwork, screenshots, building artwork, etc. I can't tell you how many times I've scrolled through those preview threads.
    Last edited by Encino_Man; February 25, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Therefore I am I must - King of Dyslexia
    My Stories:Wolfmen - Henrick Gleeson - The Woman and the Bread Roll