I can't believe I had never seen this mod before, because ever since coming across it last night I'm blown away. And the reason I did finally find it was I'd been playing this text based roleplaying game called King of Dragon Pass (ipad port) and it made me crave some Total War style action. But I really wanted a Kingdoms mod that was based around exactly this timeframe and cultures, which I hadn't recalled ever playing before. So I came on here and looked through the mods I thought I'd looked through a million times, but I guess never quite so closely. You can imagine my excitement when I finally saw the description for The Last Kingdom, then the preview threads and everything else. This was perfection. I eagerly awaited around the hour or so it took to download, and once everything was set up and I started my campaign as Hordaland, I knew this was gonna be something special.

I do have one concern though, about a possible bug. From all the descriptions and traits and stuff, I had been anxious to cross paths with Harold Tanglehair/Fairhair for the first time. And when finally I did spot him marching his army across the frozen tundra, I came to see he's only 12 years old! I should mention I'm using 3.05, patched to 3.06, applied the latest hotfix, and the latest RR/RC submod from the bottom of that post. Is this in fact a bug? Or is he meant to start off the game at 12?