Thread: What exactly does the start up thing do?

Default What exactly does the start up thing do?

When you start up Hyrule total war it makes you pick 1-whatever and it is in groups of civilized, barbaric, ect, then you pick a team from that category. what does this do? I have tried different things, but i cant seem to figure out what changes.

Default Re: What exactly does the start up thing do?

I believe it's used for selecting the campaign U.I.

It may not work 100% correctly in the current version, however.

Changes stratmap UI

WTH ?

HTW?

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Indeed.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

yes, this changes what U.I your using when Playing the game.However, it only seems to work when it wants too.
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

zacen299's Avatar Senator

I disagree. It always works for me. Granted lately I've only been playing the Ordonians but that's not the point.

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

For anyone who doesn't know, the UI (User Interface) is the menu at the bottom of the screen that shows you your selected units, cities, agents, etc. Basically what this does is change the way that looks. It also changes some of the little boxes that you click on to receive notifications.
    It works for Ordona, but I haven't had much luck with other factions. It seems like I'm stuck with the Ordonian UI no matter which faction I play.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

I've had mixed results using this. Often with me it seems to only change for some factions and automatically changes for those regardless of choice at the start. However factions like Wizzrobe only seems to get Hyrule UI regardless of initial selection. Not the biggest issue ever luckily enough