Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Wars I - Roll To Dodge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speedlion's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Asian Wars I - Roll To Dodge

Asian Wars
    Turn number: 016

Alright, I decided to do this. Let say this before anything else: These rules are taken from the FIRST European Wars. I took those as example and maybe changed them a little. Thus I will credit Soarin' (now called Rarity) for the rules. And I guess I'll credit Twilight Sparkle as well, because I've taken a look at his EW IV's rules as well. For the map, I credit Ciloron. Us two have spent two hours creating it (sea regions, width and height of map and all (*whispers* he secretly desires a lot of +rep for that )

Some minor changes have been made, which will be highlighted in purple.

Now then, the rules:

For peeps who are completely new to this, European Wars: Roll To Dodge is a game where one basically downloads the map of Asia (it is included in this post, please scroll down for the map), colors a region they would like to acquire and upload the map in this thread. I, the GM, will then roll for the results and depending on these rolls, you will or will not acquire the region you wished to acquire.

*I'll set the turn ends in about 18:00 (GMT +0), I hope I can make it on time.

*I, the GM, will play too. To make things fair, I need someone else to roll for me... anyone up for the task?

*Every turn will be 6 months (Used only for RP, doesn't affect anything in-game)

*Game will start in the year 1200 (won't affect the game)

*Any faction is allowed, whether it be fantasy, sci-fi or other things, seeing as it won't affect game-play. As long as it isn't too insulting to certain people.

It is possible to roll from 1 to 8, though 7 is rare and 8 is even rarer. The roll system is as follows:

[1]: Epic Fail. You lost the battle, and the enemy have chance to take your region. And you will get the point -[1] next turn, due to the morale losing.
    [2]: Fail. You fail to take to region.
    [3]: Meager success: The battle is unresolved. But with the better experience, you'll have the point +[1] if you attack the region again next turn.
    [4]: Success: You take the region successfully.
    [5]: Epic Success: You take the region successfully, and you can choose to attack 2 regions next turn.
    [6]: Overshot: You take the region successfully, and you can choose to attack 2 regions next turn with the point +[1].
    [7]: Epic Success: You take the region successfully and you can choose to attack 3 regions next turn.
    [8]: Complete Wipe out: You take the region successfully and can choose to attack 3 regions next turn with an extra point +[1].

Ships building:
    [0] You are unable to make a move next turn.
    [1]. The construction is epically failed. Next time when the player tries to build ship again, he'll lose a point.
    [2]. The construction is failed. The builders will have to try again.
    [3]. The construction is ongoing, and not finished yet. Next turn when the player continues to build the ship, he'll get a bonus point.
    [4]. A small-size ship is completed. Hit point (HP): 3.
    [5]. A medium ship is completed. Hit point (HP): 5.
    [6]. A large ship is completed. Hit point: 8.
    [7] A magnificent ship is finished. Hit point: 12
    [8] A monstrous ship is finished. Hit point: 17

It takes 2 turns for the players to sail from land-to-land.
    - Turn 1: Build the fleets and prepare to sail. In this turn the players will lose their rights to attack 1 region (busy building fleets). But if they got [4], [5], or [6] in the last turn, they can still attack 1, or 2 region.
    - Turn 2: They sail to the land they want to, and attack the coast region.

Sea battles:
    When 2 ships of 2 enemies players meet in the same sea, they'll crash to the heat of battles.

When comes to the battle of 2 fleets, the GM will roll and see how well they fight.
    GM will use the the ship with higher point (fights better) minus to the lower. If the result is...
    [0]. A draw and no ship gets any damage.
    [1] => [5]. The ship with lower point gets the damages of the result point.

The average point is calculated by all the points the ship got in the battle.

A ship of [7] or [8] won't sink when rolling a 1.

Example:
    A medium-size ship (HP:5) vs a magnificent great ship(HP:10):
    [2] [1]. The magnificent ship gets 1 point damage.
    [5] [1]. The magnificent ship gets 4 points damage.
    [3] [4] The medium-size ship gets 1 points damage.
    [5] [2]. The magnificent ship gets 3 points damage.
    [3] [4] The medium-size ship gets 1 points damage.
    [3] [3]. 2 ships don't do any damage to each others.
    [6] [1]. The magnificent ship gets 3 points damage and get sunk.

The medium-size ship wins.

Average point:
    The medium-size ship: (2+5+3+5+3+3+6)/7 ~ 4
    The magnificent ship: (1+1+4+2+4+3+1)/7 ~ 2
    Players are allowed to give regions to eachother when these points of criteria are met:
    The regions ceded to the other player must border the lands of the player the lands are ceded to.
    When Player A has 100 regions and Player B has 100 regions, and the two of them border eachother, Player A can grant Player B his regions BUT: Since Player A will immediatly win if all 100 regions happen to be ceded to Player A, the regions rolled for will be cut in half up to the point the player won't win immediatly. For instance let's take Player A and B again. Player B cedes all his land 100+100=200 means win for Player A, 50 regions won't be rolled for, 50 regions are left. 100+50=150 mean Player A wins, so another 25 regions won't be rolled for. 100+25=125 means no win for Player A. The GM will roll for the 25 regions. 1-3 is fail, 4-6 is succes.
    Once a player receives land from another player, he will have to deal with administrative problems caused by the sudden increase of regions, resulting in [-1] for three turns (up to ten regions) or five turns (eleven or more regions).
    A player can refuse to receive regions.
    *Saboteurs, spies and assassins can only be used once every three turns.

* To use a saboteur or assassin, PM the GM (which is me) and I will roll and post the results here as soon as I have them.

*The revolt system:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    An empire which gets 20 regions or more and gets two times [1] in a row have the chances to get revolts in some provinces which they got 3-5 turns (the rebels see that it's a good chance to revolt, since the Faction Leader seems to be very unlucky).

A player who loses all his region to another player, he will be able to make a revolt in two turns in the province which was taken by the enemy 1-3 turns ago. I will roll to see how the revolt is going to be each turn.The last and counted point is the average point.

And a player can also make revolts in others's empires by sending saboteurs. He can ask me through PM and I'll roll his point to see how it'll work, and usually will tell him the result via PM as well.

[1]: The saboteur fails to make a revolt, and he's caught. News that a Kingdom send saboteur to others will be announced publicly, which will surely reduce the relationship between the empires. In the next turn the next turn the player tries to send saboteur, he'll lose [1] point due the morale lost.
    [2]: The saboteur killed while trying to create the revolt. That way he'll never be able to open his mouth and tell who's his boss. But the other saboteurs will lose [1] point the next turn they try to create a revolt, since fear is growing in them.
    [3]: The saboteur fails to create a revolt, but he manages to get away with it.
    [4]: The saboteur somehow succeed to create the disharmony between the people in that region, but the revolt doesn't happen yet. Next turn if he continues, he'll get the point + [1].
    [5]: The saboteur succeeds to create the revolt, and turns the region into rebels.
    [6]: The saboteur is better than you thought, when the revolt grows in every lands near the target region. The target is turned to rebels of course, and the saboteur can have one bonus point when trying to create the revolt in nearby provinces.

*Spying:

A player may use spies to gather informations from his enemy's region. When you want to use spies, PM me and tell the region you want to send your spy to, I'll roll and tell you the result:
    [1]. The spy fails to gather informations, and he's caught. News that a Kingdom send spies to others will be announced publicly, which will surely reduce the relationship between the empires. In the next turn the player tries to send spy, he'll lose [1] point due the morale lost.
    [2]: The spy is killed by the guards while trying to gather information in this place. That way he'll never be able to open his mouth and tell who's his boss. But the other spies will lose [1] point the next turn they try to go into other cities, since fear is growing in them.
    [3]: The spy fails to get any informations of the enemy, but he'll have more chance (+[1]) to succeed in his next attempt.
    [4]: The spy succeeds to get informations of the enemy and sends them to his leader. Now the land is well-known by the enemy, and when the spy's leader sends army to attack this land, they'll get a bonus point.
    [5]: The spy succeeds to get informations of the enemy and sends them to his leader. Now the land is well-known by the enemy, and when the spy's leader sends army to attack this land, they'll get a bonus point. Next turn this nation can send 2 spies on actions.
    [6]: The spy succeeds to get informations of the enemy and sends them to his leader. Now the land is well-known by the enemy, and when the spy's leader sends army to attack this land, they'll get a bonus point. Next turn this nation can send 2 spies on actions, with a bonus point to succeed.

*Assassinations:

When a player wants to kill someone quietly, he can send the GM a PM on his target. I'll roll and see the result.
    [1]. The assassin fails the mission, and he's caught. News that a Kingdom send assassins to others will be announced publicly, which will surely reduce the relationship between the empires. In the next turn the player tries to send assassins, he'll lose [1] point due the morale lost.
    [2]: The assassin is killed by the guards while trying to kill his target in. That way he'll never be able to open his mouth and tell who's his boss. But the other assassin will lose [1] point the next turn they do their missions, since fear is growing in them.
    [3]: The assassin fails his mission, but he manages to get away with it.
    [4]: The assassin fails to kill his target, but he manages to get away with it, with a better knowledge on his target. The next turn he'll have more chance (+[1]) to succeed his mission.
    [5]: The assassin succeeds his mission and killed his target successfully.
    [6]: The assassin succeeds his mission and killed his target successfully. This assassin's success will encourage other assassin on their next missions, which they will have better chance to succeed.

*A player who doesn't have any region in 3 turns will be eliminated.

*The new guys won't lose their region due Epic Fail effect in the first 5 turns. Nor will they be able to attack nations or be attacked by nations. The same counts for any other hostile actions. Saboteurs and assassins may not be sent by or to a nation that has been around for 5 or less turns. Spies are allowed.

*When a player has less than 3 regions, he may not send any assassins or saboteurs, nor may they be used against him.

*If a player don't reply in one turn, he'll lose the turn.

*The players shall do diplomat via PMs or whatever they want.

Diplomacy:

There are currently few kinds of diplomacy:

- Trade rights: The first step to bring 2 nations closer.

- Alliance: Two nations are allied and with help each other in various things.

- Peace agreement: A nation offer the Peace Agreement in an amount of turns. In this period, no one can do aggressive actions against each other.
    For example: Kingdom A offer the Peace Agreement to Kingdom B for 8 turns or something like that.

- Players are allowed to give regions to eachother when these points of criteria are met:
    The regions ceded to the other player must border the lands of the player the lands are ceded to.
    When Player A has 100 regions and Player B has 100 regions, and the two of them border eachother, Player A can grant Player B his regions BUT: Since Player A will immediatly win if all 100 regions happen to be ceded to Player A, the regions rolled for will be cut in half up to the point the player won't win immediatly. For instance let's take Player A and B again. Player B cedes all his land 100+100=200 means win for Player A, 50 regions won't be rolled for, 50 regions are left. 100+50=150 mean Player A wins, so another 25 regions won't be rolled for. 100+25=125 means no win for Player A. The GM will roll for the 25 regions. 1-3 is fail, 4-6 is succes.
    Once a player receives land from another player, he will have to deal with administrative problems caused by the sudden increase of regions, resulting in [-1] for three turns (up to ten regions) or five turns (eleven or more regions).
    A player can refuse to receive regions.

- Military access: With the Military Access agreement, the nations can bring army cross each other lands without fighting (unless they want to...). So they can get a shortcut to the land they want to get.

And remember that crossing a region will also cost you a turn.
    Examples:

The Green move the Army across the Red's land:

...And take the region.
    [/COLOR]

- Gives regions: A player has rights to give another player a region as a gift. But the men's morale will be lowered in the next 3 turns, causing penalties to the chance to win.

*A player who loses all his region to another player, he will be able to make a revolt in two turns in the province which was taken by the enemy 1-3 turns ago. I will roll to see how the revolt is going to be each turn.The last and counted point is the average point.

* A player who doesn't have any region in 3 turns will be eliminated.

* Important Cities system:

When a player wants to build an important city, places a dot on the map, I'll roll and tell the bonus you're going to get for the city.
    [1] Saboteurs's Guild: +1 points with sabotage once every 3 turns.
    [2] Thieves's Guild: +1 points with spying once every 3 turns.
    [3] Assassins's Guild: +1 points with assassinations once every 3 turns.
    [4] Sailors's Guild: +1 naval movement once every 3 turns.
    [5] Banners Bearers's Guild: +1 land movement (can attack a bonus region) once every 5 turns.
    [6] Town Watchers's Guild: -1 points of assasinations/spying or sabotage attempted on this country.

The amount of cities allowed for one nation depends on the amount of regions the nation has.
    0-34 regions: 1 city
    35-69 regions: 2 cities
    69-104 regions: 3 cities
    105-150 regions: 4 cities

*A player who owns 150 regions will win the game and get the reps from all the players.

*Other rewards. The first player who does one of these actions will also get reps from all other (active) players:

- Owning 20 province.
    - Owning 30 province.
    - Owning 40 province.
    - Attacking another player's region.
    - Getting a six for 2 turns in a row.
    - Getting a revolt.
    - Winning the first sea battle.
    - Eliminating a player
    - Owning 50 province.
    - Owning 75 province.
    - Owning 100 province.
    - Owning 125 province.

*If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Current players and their Factions:

Speedlion

Name: Raion Ninja Clan
    Government: Democracy
    Language: Japanese, English
    Currency: Berries
    Capital: Leaf Village
    National Anthem:
    Leader: Uzumaki Naruto
    Religion: The Will Of Fire
    Color: Orange (256, 144, 0)
    [/FONT][/B]

The King Of Shadows

Name: Straw Hat Pirates
    Government: Freedom
    Language: Engrish
    Capital: Windmill Village
    National Anthem: Luffy's Baka song
    Leader: Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy
    Religion: Any
    Color: (255,11,17)

Warrior Cat
    Name: The Valkyrja Amazonian Tribe

Government: Elected Constitutional Monarchy (the queen is elected by a Council and derives her powers from the Valkyrja Constitution with an attached document titled "The Rights of Women" which protects its "Equals")

Language: Nordic Amazonian (Amazonian, which is similar to Greek, that is influenced by some Nordic languages)

Currency: heads of defeated male warriors

Capital: Vanahmier. It is a mighty fortress of black stone among a dense evergreen forest, wreathed in fog, from which no man has ever returned alive from.

National Anthem: The Ride of the Valkyries (of course)

Flag: a golden drakon twisting and turning upon a bright blue background

Title of leader: First Equal

Current Leader: First Equal Vlaska. The heir will be determined by a Council of Representatives.

Title of citizens: Equals

Religion: The Nordic Amazonian Pantheon of Goddesses

Kybele: the Cosmic Mother Goddess. She is the Queen of the Goddesses and creator of the Universe.

Freyja: the Goddess of Battle and Loyalty.

Tyche: the Goddess of Luck. She will help me win this game!

Epona: the Goddess of Horses.

Nike: the Goddess of Victory.

Artemis: the Goddess of the Hunt.

Color: bright blue (0,0,255)

History:

During the Attica Wars between the Queendom of Amazonia and the City State of Athens in the 900sBCE, a great and terrible battle was fought on the plains near the town of Heraclea on the north coast of Anatolia. It ended with defeat for the Amazons and many of them were taken prisoner. These prisoners were loaded onto ships bound for the slave markets in Greece.

As the fleet was sailing, an Amazon by the name of Antimache broke her bonds and helped free her companions and together the Amazons overpowered the Greek crew and took control of the fleet. These warrior women were not seawomen and the ships soon entered a storm. They crashed upon the northern shores of the Black Sea.

There they met tribes of people called the Scythians. The Scythians became very friendly towards the lost Amazons since they had many common interests, such as horses, archery, and war. They urged the Amazons to stay with them, but they were divided on the issue. Some did stay and together the Amazons and the Scythians formed a new people called the Sarmatians. Most of the warrior women left and followed Antimache north.

Lead by Antimache, these Amazons attacked the primitive tribes in the area and enslaved the men while teaching the girls. They forced the men to build them a settlement so that they could settle down and start to rebuild their lives. This settlement was named Vanahmier and it soon became a mighty stone fortress that the northern Amazons used as a base of operations. From Vanahmier the warrior women attacked all the surrounding tribes and subjugated them. The men of these tribes were so terrified that they named the women the “Valkyrja” which means “Choosers of the Slain” because the women would choose from among the defeated men which one to conceive a daughter with before killing him. The name stuck.

The Valkyrja were, and still are, very isolated from the world. They do not know any geography (except “forests and frozen lands to the north, grassy plains to the east and west, and Sarmatians [which were replaced with the Huns and then later the Cumans] and the Black Sea to the south”) and do not even know that the Queendom of Amazonia in Anatolia to the far south has survived. They do not take kindly to strangers and view everyone except themsleves as bad people one way or another.

Diplomacy:

Trade agreements with: none

Surplus resources that Valkyrja can trade (in order of how plentiful and how easily the Valkyries will trade them) : timber, furs, potatos, beautiful furniture, cattle, rhye, strong war-horses, and powerful composite warbows.

Alliances with: none

At war with: none

Military:

Women power: Under the Valkyrja Constitution and the Rights of Women, the Valkyrja military is a full time army of every able-body girl and woman. The Valkyrja are always at war and campaign through every season. Every time is viewed as a time of crisis (as there are sooo many evil men to defeat) and so every female between the ages of 17 and 44 are trained to fight. The culture of the Valkyries is semi-nomadic and so every woman has at least one horse and is expected at any moment to be ready to pack up and leave. The hordes of the Valkyrja numbered between 40 to 50 thousand women.

Organization: Hordes are divided into hosts of 10000 women each. Hosts are divided into syntagmas of 100 women each. Syntagmas are divided into lochoses of 10 women each. Within hosts are few syntagmas of infantry and foot missiles, but the rest of the host is made of horse archers and lancers.

Armour: The lands that the Valkyrja have dominion over do not contain many metals, and so most warriors have no armour. Only the elite corps of spearwomen, the Drakones, and the elite foot archers, and the elite lancer cavalry wear armour made from metals such as iron. The rest wear leather armour or just a tunic. Horse archer women are notorious for wearing nothing at all (except a belt with a quiver full of arrows attached) and do not ride with saddels or stirrups.

Weapons: Horse archers are armed with powerful composite bows and deadly arrows blessed by Artemis. Lancers are armed with the xyston spear and a kopis sword. Axewomen are armed with the sagaris throwing axe. They are equipped with a pelta-shaped shield. Spearwomen are armed with the doru spear and a xiphos sword. They are equipped with a large rectangular shield called a Thureos. Foot archers are armed the same as horse archers. All warriors have throwing knives as secondary weapons.

Special Forces: I have already talked about the Drakons, "Warriors of the Drakon," and the elite archers as well. A garriosn of 10000 of these elite archers, that are called the Agèma, guard the fortress of Vanahmier and protect the First Equal when she is there. There are also the 800 "Followers of Freyja" also known as "Berserkers" as they whip themselves up in a war frenzy and do not stop until all the men in their sight are killed. They are armed with the labrys ax and wear either bear skins or nothing at all except a terrifying iron mask.

Schwertbruder:
    Name: New North Wales Colony
    Government: Monarchy (Gouverneur)
    Language: English / Welsh
    Currency: Money
    Capital: New Caernarvon
    National Anthem: Men of Harlech
    Leader: Henry Herbert, 1. Earl of Carnarvon
    Religion: Christdom
    Color: Green

Adamat
    Name: The Golden Horde
    Government: Khanate
    Language: Mongolian
    Currency: Weaponry, horses, food
    Capital: Vaes Dothrak
    Leader: Genghis Khan
    Religion: Polytheistic
    Color: Gold

Ciloron
    Name: The Celedhil
    Official Name: The Kingdom of Celeb-Edhil
    Government Type: Monarchy
    Head of State Title: King
    Leader Reference Style: His Royal Highness
    Language: Sindarin
    Currency: Silver Coins
    Capital: Ost-in-Celeb (Eastern Crete)
    National Anthem: -
    Leader: Ciloron-Celebmîr
    Highest Ranking General: Cilothàr
    Religion: None (Although they passively worship Eru Íluvatar)
    Color: (195,195,195)

The Kybrothilian
    The kingdom of Saka-Raucae

(Saka-Raucae means Royal Scythians)

Government: Federative monarchy
    Language: Saka language (from the Indo-Iranian languages)
    Currency: Barter
    Capital: Chighu
    National Anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCCX...9C102&index=47
    Leader: Saka-murunda Wutoulao
    Religion: No official state religions, nomads care not for such trivial things
    Color: Really dark red

History: The nomadic tribes of Saka have populated the lands in central Asia for centuries. Other nomads have come and integrated to the greater Saka population as time passed. But until now, the Saka have not been united. This will be a goal for the new king of Saka-Raucae. He shall unite his kin and lead them to greater glory!

Twilight Sparkle
    Name: Azeri Caliphate
    Government: Theocratic monarchy
    Language: Turkish
    Currency: Manat
    Capital: Baku
    National Anthem: Bizzy Bone - I Am Muslim
    Leader: Sanjar Hasanov
    Religion: Sunni Islam
    Color: (18,35,188)

Sanjar Hasanov recently has united Azeri people around Baku and plans to unite all Azerbaijan. But not only Azerbaijan, but restore the Caliphate itself. Muslims have been weakened a lot, with no strong leader. Sanjar Hasanov plans to restore it, and bring back glory to Muslims again! Not only he's Azeri, but he also has Arabian bloods from Umayyad Caliphs themselves. So his place as a Caliph is only righteous.

Gandalf.
    Name: Roiaume de Jherusalem/Kingdom of Jerusalem/Regno di Gerusalemme

Government: Feudal Monarchy

Language:
    Official: Old French, Latin, Italian,
    Unofficial: Greek, Armenian, Turkish

Currency: Ducat

Capitol: Jerusalem

Leader: King/Roi Badouin I d'Anjou

Religion: Christianity

Legislative Body: The Haute Cour/Curia Regis
    Constable of Jersalem: Baron Balian of Ibelin
    Marshal of Jerusalem: Tiberias di Nikosia
    Latin Patriarch/Archbishop: Carlos di Venezia

Lord Chancellor: Richard de Normandie
    Lord High Steward: Isaakios Doukas
    Lord Spymaster: Count Rorgon of Jaffa

Spoiler for History

Many years ago, Jerusalem fell to the Saracen infidel of Egypt, Syria and Persia. Long have their filfth corrupted the sacred city of Christ. But no more! 10 years ago, the great Badouin led the final crusade, to reclaim Jerusalem in god's name from the saracen hordes. Thousands of christians rallied around the banner of Badouin, and they sailed for the Holy Land of Christ. Badouin landed in Jaffa, defeating a large muslim host that had gathered to stop the Crusaders. He marched for Jerusalem, laying siege to the city for 6 months, surrounding the saracen hosts. Starvation and dehydration took it's toll, and the Sultan's of Syria and egypt gathered a great army to fight the invaders. The crusaders were completely surrounded, but they fought with the strength of God Himself. All seemed lost for the crusaders, until the True Cross of christ was lifted high aong the christian host. The image of the True Cross terrified the saracens, as they fled before the mighty crusaders. Jerusalem surrendered to the Crusaders, but the saracens continue to harry the christians of this reborn kingdom. Thus, the kingdom of Jerusalem must expand, and reclaim it's old Glory!

God Wills it!

Tathamet
    The BumbleColony
    Government: Republic
    Languages: English/German/French/Japanese
    Leaders:
    The BumbleColoy is lead by the Guardians, chosen people that have mysterious, element bending powers.
    The Shadow Emperor: Shadow Guardian
    Diablo: Energy Guardian
    Speedy: Speed Guardian
    Fwoosh: Fire Guardian
    Nazca: Blood Guardian
    JK: Water Guardian

History:
    The Guardians where sent from the BumbleKingdom to Africa, to create new settlements and conquer lands for the Kingdom. After their arriving, they soon noticed that other Kingdoms came to the lands of Asia, thus creating tension between the Colony's citizens, foretelling that a war may not be inevitable with the other kingdoms.

Currency: BumbleGold

Capital: TsomCity

National Anthem: None.

Religion: The Bumbles are free to follow any religion they want.

Color: 198,0,0

AceMcKillYoFace
    Name: Azalea
    Government: Clan Structure
    Language: Japanese
    Currency: Gold Coin
    Capital: Azalea
    Leader: Tohma
    Religion: No official religion enforced
    Color: (197,167,129)

Bradavies

Kingdom of Mysore[/CENTER]

Government: Monarchy
    Language: Kannada
    Currency: Myosorian Dinar
    Capital: Mysore
    National Anthem: Will add it later
    Monarch: King Aesop of Afrika
    Heir: Prince Makhata
    Religion: Bradhism/Hinduism
    Color: Purple

History
    Shortly after Aesop's elimination in a jousting tournament in Ducmania, he prepared for the long journey back home, tired and disappointed. However, news quickly reached him that the Emirate of Bradavies had fallen to Anarchy and neighbouring rebels. In a state of shock, Aesop could think of nothing else than to flee Europe. He believed that those who had destroyed his kingdom where going to come for him next, so he decided to escape to the Far East. Disguising himself as a silk merchant, so as to slip through Amazonian and Sogdiana, Aesop began his journey, not knowing where it would take him...

He eventually arrived in a strange land, in the depths of southern India. Aesop was now in his late 30's, and had grown very wise, picking up knowledge from all the lands and cultures along the silk route. The only reason he left the silk route was because he was ambushed by Persian men who 'didn't tolerate his kind'. He entered a large and surprisingly advanced city called Mysore, much more civilized than the various towns and tribal kingdoms he had come across in India. He was greeted by the then ageing King of Mysore, Mjikata. He explained how he has heard many wondrous stories about Aesop along the Silk route, most notably his scrap with the Persians (Aesop defeated all 10 of his attackers with nothing more than a hunting knife and an arrow tip). Aesop was invited into the grand Palace of Mysore, where which he explained to Mjikata he was once a great General. Mjikata decided to hire him to lead his small army; The Kingdom was having some trouble in a conflict with local tribes at the time. Without a heir in the world, and realising his time was quickly coming to an end, Mjikata promised to Aesop that should he be victorious in his fight against the tribal kingdoms, he was to granted his kingdom when he died.

Much to Aesop's surprise, the Tribal kingdoms had banded together to form and alliance. 50,000 men stood across the river that Aesop and his 15,000 strong army had set up camp. By the time the battle had ended, 45,000 of Aesop's enemies lay dead across the battlefield. Aesop had lost just 500 men. The tribes were quickly purged as Aesop pressed his overwhelming advantage to finish of the kingdoms once and for all. By the time he had returned to Mysore, the entire region had fell to his sword.

5 years later, and Mjikata is long gone from this world. Aesop has spent the first 3 years of his rule consolidating his position as King, and it seems now finally that all in Mysore submit to his rule. However for Aesop, this is not enough, he has set his ambitions much higher than just Mysore. With the kingdom beginning a new golden age under his rule, the time is perfect for the Kingdom of Mysore to expand, and conquer.

General Maximus

THE MAURYAN EMPIRE
    [/CENTER]

NAME - The Mauryan Empire

OFFICIAL NAME - मौर्य साम्राज्य (Maurya Samrajya)

GOVERNMENT - Imperial Absolute Monarchy

HEAD OF THE STATE TITLE - Emperor

CURRENCY - Swarnamudra (gold coins)

CAPITAL - Pataliputra

RELIGION - Vedic Hinduism

CULTURE - Aryan

LANGUAGE - Sanskrit

CURRENT SOVEREIGN - Emperor Chandragupta I Maurya

COLOUR - 18:119:139 (dark Cyan)

Mauryan Empire was the largest and richest empire ever to be present on the Indian subcontinent. The empire stretched from eastern Persia to modern day Myanmar, from Kashmir and the Himalayas to the island of Maldives. The Imperial Mauryan army was second largest army in the world, second only to the Han China. During it's time, no one in the world, not even the Ptolemaic Egypt, Han China, and Rome could match the wealth of the Maurya Dynasty.

The empire was founded by Emperor Chandragupta I Maurya who deposed the tyrant king of Nandas and thug began the Maurya Dynasty in 323 BCE. The empire was highly successful, crushingly defeating the Seleucids and Indo-Greek kingdoms to the west, and the tribes of the south and east.

ErgoSumm:
    Government: Religious Theocracy
    Language: Kenish
    Currency: Copper Noo
    Capital: Benththres
    National Anthem:
    Leader: Supreme Benn Instigator Casherl Rift
    Religion: Worship of the Divine Benn
    Color: 18,108,2

In the east a mighty Religion has arisen, the worship of the Divine Benn, of which thousands of humble farmers are flocking to in their droves (least they be found to be heretics) . The religion dictates that for great service to the state and to Benn, peasants can receive both spiritual enlightenment and physical power, as evidenced by the Supreme Instigator of Benn, Casherl Rift who has devoted his life to the cause and has been granted great material wealth by Benn (through the pockets of the many unbelievers that refused to accept the light).
    Having founded his capital in Beththres Casherl sends Transfigurors to Convert the province to the south west.

Here's the current map :

To make a faction, please use this:

Name:
    Government:
    Language:
    Currency:
    Capital:
    National Anthem:
    Leader:
    Religion:
    Color: (0,0,0)

*Please forgive me if I'm not always on time... From Sunday to Wednesday, I have a busy schedule and I'm a lazy idiot, so I might even completely lose interest in this all of a sudden... in any case, I'll try my best... please correct me when I do something stupid or forget something *is nervous*

*Lastly, don't forget to color two regions (connected to each other, of course), when you start... the first one is your origin-region and the other is the first region you want to take...

Ok I think that's it now. Have fun!
    Last edited by Speedlion; February 18, 2013 at 02:11 AM.

¬¬ The Speedy Detective ¬¬ ||| Attention: User has a severe case of insanity! Approach with caution! ||| Big anime fan. Favors Shounen and Tsundere ||| Doesn't actually play TW. Is here just for the fun ||| Is a proud Dutchie |||

Default Re: Asian Wars I - Roll To Dodge

And here comes my nation:

Name: Raion Ninja Clan
    Government: Democracy
    Language: Japanese, English
    Capital: Leaf Village
    National Anthem:
    Leader: Uzumaki Naruto
    Religion: The Will Of Fire
    Color: Orange (256, 144, 0)

¬¬ The Speedy Detective ¬¬ ||| Attention: User has a severe case of insanity! Approach with caution! ||| Big anime fan. Favors Shounen and Tsundere ||| Doesn't actually play TW. Is here just for the fun ||| Is a proud Dutchie |||

Name: Straw Hat Pirates
    Government: Freedom
    Language: Engrish
    Capital: Windmill Village
    National Anthem: Luffy's Baka song
    Leader: Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy
    Religion: Any
    Color: (255,11,17)

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

Name: that Mysterious curse of the seas they call Pirates
    Government: none
    Language: Gold
    Currency: Anything shiny
    Capital: none, several the nation is composed by several free cities
    National Anthem: A pirate life for me
    Leader: None
    Religion: Gold
    Color: (50,50,50)

Last edited by the mysterious F; February 13, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

YES! All hail Speedlion and Ciloron!

The Goddess of Victory, Nike, in the fore-front, and the Goddess of Battle, Freyja, in the background.

Name: The Valkyrja Amazonian Tribe

Government: Elected Constitutional Monarchy (the leader is elected for life by a Council and derives her powers from the Valkyrja Constitution with an attached document titled "The Rights of Women" which protects its "Equals") It is important to note however that the Valkyries view their government as a democracy.

Language: Nordic Amazonian (Amazonian, which is similar to Greek, that is influenced by some Nordic languages)

Currency: heads of defeated male warriors

Capital: Vanahmier. It is a mighty fortress of black stone among a dense evergreen forest, wreathed in fog, from which no man has ever returned alive from.

National Anthem: The Ride of the Valkyries (of course)

Flag: a golden drakon twisting and turning upon a bright blue background

Title of leader: First Equal

Current Leader: First Equal Tecmessa (age: 19). She is tall with long blonde hair, silver eyes, and is well-muscled.

Heir: the next First Equal will be determined by a Council of Representatives upon the death of the previous First Equal.

Title of citizens: Equals

Religion: The Nordic Amazonian Pantheon of Goddesses

Kybele: the Cosmic Mother Goddess. She is the Queen of the Goddesses and creator of the Universe. Symbol: a golden lioness.

Freyja: the Goddess of Battle and Loyalty. Symbol: a ferrocious bear.

Tyche: the Goddess of Luck. She will help me win this game! Symbol: a wheel with seven spokes.

Epona: the Goddess of Horses. Symbol: a mare.

Nike: the Goddess of Victory. Symbol: a laurel wreath.

Artemis: the Goddess of the Hunt. Symbol: the bow and arrow.

Color: bright blue (77,109,243)

History:

During the Attica Wars between the Queendom of Amazonia and the City State of Athens in the 900sBCE, a great and terrible battle was fought on the plains near the town of Heraclea on the north coast of Anatolia. It ended with defeat for the Amazons and many of them were taken prisoner. These prisoners were loaded onto ships bound for the slave markets in Greece.

As the fleet was sailing, an Amazon by the name of Antimache broke her bonds and helped free her companions and together the Amazons overpowered the Greek crew and took control of the fleet. These warrior women were not seawomen and the ships soon entered a storm. They crashed upon the northern shores of the Black Sea.

There they met tribes of people called the Scythians. The Scythians became very friendly towards the lost Amazons since they had many common interests, such as horses, archery, and war. They urged the Amazons to stay with them, but they were divided on the issue. Some did stay and together the Amazons and the Scythians formed a new people called the Sarmatians. Most of the warrior women left and followed Antimache north.

Lead by Antimache, these Amazons attacked the primitive tribes in the area and enslaved the men while teaching the girls. They forced the men to build them a settlement so that they could settle down and start to rebuild their lives. This settlement was named Vanahmier and it soon became a mighty stone fortress that the northern Amazons used as a base of operations. From Vanahmier the warrior women attacked all the surrounding tribes and subjugated them. The men of these tribes were so terrified that they named the women the “Valkyrja” which means “Choosers of the Slain” because the women would choose from among the defeated men which one to conceive a daughter with before killing him. The name stuck.

The Valkyrja were, and still are, very isolated from the world. They do not know any geography (except “forests and frozen lands to the north, grassy plains to the east and west, and Sarmatians [which were replaced with the Huns and then later the Cumans] and the Black Sea to the south”) and do not even know that the Queendom of Amazonia in Anatolia to the far south has survived. They do not take kindly to strangers and view everyone except themsleves as bad people one way or another.

The Fierce Northern Amazonians strike north-west to secure more nearby tribal lands...

Diplomacy:

Trade agreements with: The Kingdom of Jerusalem , and the Celedhil .

Surplus resources that Valkyrja can trade (in order of how plentiful and how easily the Valkyries will trade them) : timber, furs, rye, potatos, wheat, cattle, beautiful furniture, strong war-horses, and powerful composite warbows.

Alliances with: none

At war with: none

Military:

Women power: Under the Valkyrja Constitution and the Rights of Women, the Valkyrja military is a full time army of every able-body girl and woman. The Valkyrja are always at war and campaign through every season. Every time is viewed as a time of crisis (as there are sooo many evil men to defeat) and so every female between the ages of 17 and 44 are trained to fight. The culture of the Valkyries is semi-nomadic and so every woman has at least one horse and is expected at any moment to be ready to pack up and leave. The hordes of the Valkyrja numbered between 40 to 50 thousand women.

Organization: Hordes are divided into hosts of 10000 women each. Hosts are divided into syntagmas of 100 women each. Syntagmas are divided into lochoses of 10 women each. Within hosts are few syntagmas of infantry and foot missiles, but the rest of the host is made of horse archers and lancers.

Armour: The lands that the Valkyrja have dominion over do not contain many metals, and so most warriors have no armour. Only the elite corps of spearwomen, the Drakones, and the elite foot archers, and the elite lancer cavalry wear armour made from metals such as iron. The rest wear leather armour or just a tunic. Horse archer women are notorious for wearing nothing at all (except a belt with a quiver full of arrows attached) and do not ride with saddels or stirrups.

Weapons: Horse archers are armed with powerful composite bows and deadly arrows blessed by Artemis. Lancers are armed with the xyston spear and a kopis sword. Axewomen are armed with the sagaris throwing axe. They are equipped with a pelta-shaped shield. Spearwomen are armed with the doru spear and a xiphos sword. They are equipped with a large rectangular shield called a Thureos. Foot archers are armed the same as horse archers. All warriors have throwing knives as secondary weapons.

Special Forces: I have already talked about the Drakons, "Warriors of the Drakon," and the elite archers as well. A garriosn of 10000 of these elite archers, that are called the Agèma, guard the fortress of Vanahmier and protect the First Equal when she is there. There are also the 800 "Followers of Freyja" also known as "Berserkers" as they whip themselves up in a war frenzy and do not stop until all the men in their sight are killed. They are armed with the labrys ax and wear either bear skins or nothing at all except a terrifying iron mask.
    Last edited by Lord of Cats; February 10, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Rhinelander's Avatar Domesticus

Name: Micronesian Empire
    Government: Monarchy (Emperor)
    Language: Micronesian
    Currency: Money
    Capital: Kamakawiwo'ole
    National Anthem: Over the Rainbow
    Leader: Emperor Irawaru
    Religion: Christdom
    Color: Green
    Last edited by Rhinelander; February 09, 2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Revolution

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Name: The Golden Horde
    Government: Khanate
    Language: Mongolian
    Currency: Weaponry, horses, food
    Capital: Vaes Dothrak
    Leader: Genghis Khan
    Religion: Polytheistic
    Color: Gold
    Attachment 264431
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Name: The Celedhil
    Official Name: The Kingdom of Celeb-Edhil
    Government Type: Monarchy
    Head of State Title: King
    Leader Reference Style: His Royal Highness
    Language: Sindarin
    Currency: Silver Coins
    Capital: Ost-in-Celeb (Eastern Crete)
    National Anthem: -
    Leader: Ciloron-Celebmîr
    Highest Ranking General: Cilothàr
    Religion: None (Although they passively worship Eru Íluvatar)
    Color: (195,195,195)

For my first move, I will build a ship.
    Last edited by Ciloron; February 03, 2013 at 06:13 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

The kingdom of Saka-Raucae

(Saka-Raucae means Royal Scythians)

Government: Federative monarchy
    Language: Saka language (from the Indo-Iranian languages)
    Currency: Barter
    Capital: Chighu
    National Anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCCX...9C102&index=47
    Leader: Saka-murunda Wutoulao
    Religion: No official state religions, nomads care not for such trivial things
    Color: Really dark red

History: The nomadic tribes of Saka have populated the lands in central Asia for centuries. Other nomads have come and integrated to the greater Saka population as time passed. But until now, the Saka have not been united. This will be a goal for the new king of Saka-Raucae. He shall unite his kin and lead them to greater glory!

First move will be to attack north. Send a spy while we're at it.
    Last edited by The Kybrothilian; February 03, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

We will declare war on anyone who enters the "Marcus Island Waters".
    Last edited by L-Burna; February 03, 2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Usage of administrator color

Indefinitely Banned

Name: Azeri Caliphate
    Government: Theocratic monarchy
    Language: Turkish
    Currency: Manat
    Capital: Baku
    National Anthem: Bizzy Bone - I Am Muslim
    Leader: Sanjar Hasanov
    Religion: Sunni Islam
    Color: (18,35,188)

Sanjar Hasanov recently has united Azeri people around Baku and plans to unite all Azerbaijan. But not only Azerbaijan, but restore the Caliphate itself. Muslims have been weakened a lot, with no strong leader. Sanjar Hasanov plans to restore it, and bring back glory to Muslims again! Not only he's Azeri, but he also has Arabian bloods from Umayyad Caliphs themselves. So his place as a Caliph is only righteous.

I send a spy too.
    Last edited by L-Burna; February 03, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Name: Roiaume de Jherusalem/Kingdom of Jerusalem/Regno di Gerusalemme

Government: Feudal Monarchy

Language:
    Official: Old French, Latin, Italian,
    Unofficial: Greek, Armenian, Turkish

Currency: Ducat

Capitol: Jerusalem

Leader: King/Roi Baudouin I d'Anjou

Religion: Christianity

Legislative Body: The Haute Cour/Curia Regis
    Constable of Jersalem: Baron Balian of Ibelin
    Marshal of Jerusalem: Tiberias di Nikosia
    Latin Patriarch/Archbishop: Carlos di Venezia

Lord Chancellor: Richard de Normandie
    Lord High Steward: Isaakios Doukas
    Lord Spymaster: Count Rorgon of Jaffa

Spoiler for History

Many years ago, Jerusalem fell to the Saracen infidel of Egypt, Syria and Persia. Long have their filfth corrupted the sacred city of Christ. But no more! 10 years ago, the great Badouin led the final crusade, to reclaim Jerusalem in god's name from the saracen hordes. Thousands of christians rallied around the banner of Badouin, and they sailed for the Holy Land of Christ. Badouin landed in Jaffa, defeating a large muslim host that had gathered to stop the Crusaders. He marched for Jerusalem, laying siege to the city for 6 months, surrounding the saracen hosts. Starvation and dehydration took it's toll, and the Sultan's of Syria and egypt gathered a great army to fight the invaders. The crusaders were completely surrounded, but they fought with the strength of God Himself. All seemed lost for the crusaders, until the True Cross of christ was lifted high aong the christian host. The image of the True Cross terrified the saracens, as they fled before the mighty crusaders. Jerusalem surrendered to the Crusaders, but the saracens continue to harry the christians of this reborn kingdom. Thus, the kingdom of Jerusalem must expand, and reclaim it's old Glory!

God Wills it!

(Attack north with a spy)
    Last edited by Gandalfus; February 04, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

French lesson : King = roi , Kingdom = Royaume

No, this is old French.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Jerusalem

Regnum Hierosolimitanum (Latin)
    Roiaume de Jherusalem (Old French)
    Regno di Gerusalemme (Italian)
    Βασίλειον τῶν Ἱεροσολύμων (Ancient Greek)

Okay sorry then. Never heard of old french :O

The BumbleColony
    Government: Republic
    Languages: English/German/French/Japanese
    Leaders:
    The BumbleColoy is lead by the Guardians, chosen people that have mysterious, element bending powers.
    The Shadow Emperor: Shadow Guardian
    Diablo: Energy Guardian
    Speedy: Speed Guardian
    Fwoosh: Fire Guardian
    Nazca: Blood Guardian
    JK: Water Guardian

History:
    The Guardians where sent from the BumbleKingdom to Africa, to create new settlements and conquer lands for the Kingdom. After their arriving, they soon noticed that other Kingdoms came to the lands of Asia, thus creating tension between the Colony's citizens, foretelling that a war may not be inevitable with the other kingdoms.

Currency: BumbleGold

Capital: TsomCity

National Anthem: None.

Religion: The Bumbles are free to follow any religion they want.

Color: 198,0,0

AceMcKillYoFace's Avatar Barbarus

Name: Azalea
    Government: Clan Structure
    Language: Japanese
    Currency: Gold Coin
    Capital: Azalea
    Leader: Tohma
    Religion: No official religion enforced
    Color: (197,167,129)
    Last edited by AceMcKillYoFace; February 03, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

I'll probably be late today... at least half an hour... this is due to church... bare with me, please ^^'

Otherwise, it's good to see some people joining Excited to post the first turn...

Should I make a social group for roleplaying and maybe suggestions for new rules? And maybe a chatroom too, just for fun?

Indefinitely Banned

You don't have a fleet, I think you can't attack there.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast