Thread: (MOS Mod) Dunland Campaign; Let's Play

Default (MOS Mod) Dunland Campaign; Let's Play

Check it out, if any of you would like to see the new faction playthrough on the MOS mod, visit my channel and leave some feedback. As always, thanks for the support!

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3epIE6pJsw
    Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZlOWWxBgVo
    Episode 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVbMhkRY5Y

Playlist form: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 02, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Default Re: (MOS Mod) Dunland Campaign; Let's Play

Would be interesting to see how it goes against Dunland campaign which Im playing right now.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Always glad to see videos using the MOS mod!

Isn't Dunland faction kinda broken? Never played them but they seem to always have 10x more money then the rest of the factions on all my campaigns eve thought they have a huge army which eats FMoE almost every time.

Example of my ongoing campaign as mordor. I would also like to save 400 000 gold after 100 turns and still have a huge army (with huge I mean the same size like the rest of the factions except mordor and gondor).
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; February 02, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

AI Dunland (not player) is a slow starter, working on addressing this in the next release of MOS.
    After about turn 30, they usually start to expand and build and, in the recent campaigns I have played, they seem to level out.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Player Dunland earn much money early on yes, but it's because their settlements do not allow much recrutment or buildings, making the money not much of a help, and once more land is conquered and armies are properly mustered they make no more fortunes than other factions in the same situation; least in my experience with Dunland.

Comment on video 1:
    Naaw, saw you did not active Tôl Acharn (first option), that's the Counter-Invasion for good Men Just would been fun to see the results of it if called on you
    Then I can tell your game will be a bit harder since you activated this submod (quoted from MOS Read Me-file):
    - Death took us (Dunland Only)
    Overview: Provides Dunland with the opportunity to grow or weaken based on game progression.
    How it works: If this script is accepted, then several buildings and one unit will be locked and unable to be built at the start. These are the armoury, siege, and port buildings as well as the Isenmach Axemen.
    Every turn Dunland's overall ranking is evaluated. If the overall ranking has reached a high enough level then the buildings and unit will be unlocked. If Dunland's ranking is 4 the armoury will be unlocked, 3 the siege building, 2 the port, and 1 the Isenmach Axemen. Also each turn there is a percentage chance that the population of Duneard, Byrig and Talsir will be reduced. At rank of 5 there is a 75% chance that Duneard and Byrig will be reduced by 75 and Talsir by 50. At rank 4 the percentage drops to 70%. Rank 3, 65%. Rank 2, 50% and at rank 1 there will be no reduction.
    Finally, should Dunland be ranked 1 the kings purse will be increased by 1500 for the remainder of the campaign and a one-time reward of 5000 money will be added.
    A tip to improve economy is to skip to build market-buildings, it take about 20 turns before they start to pay off (markets are nerfed in TATW); roads, farms, mines and port are the keys.
    To remove the Garrison script will make the game far, far less balanced, just warning. While the factions can hold their realms for 100-150 turns with it some are likley to be steam rolled without it; I have little hope for Rohan actually haha

From technical side it's a good sound recording.
    Suggest you do as Ethien's dwarves-campaign and cut the video during end turn time, since that in MOS take quite some time on most computers; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=576918 EDIT: saw the beginning of epsiode 2 now

Comment on video 2:
    Wine? For the nerd:
    Bilbo listens from his hiding place as Galion invites the chief of Thranduil's guards to taste the Dorwinion wine that has just arrived
    - The Hobbit

The... food was good, and there was good wine: Frodo's wine had not been included in the sale to the Sackville-Bagginses.
    - FotR; Three Is Company

‘Bring wine and food and seats for the guests,’ said Denethor, ‘and see that none trouble us for one hour.’
    - RotK; Minas Tirith

Comment on ½ video 3:
    Allies can't break the alliance, unless because of two allies of you are making war or an Invasion is called on you and you allied is Evil.
    The gain from keeping generals as governors in TATW is almost always not worth it. Their impact on pop growth tend to be worthless and seldom the effect on income is big enough to equal the cost of the general anyway, so it's better to put them into field.

Rohan losing their capital (Edoras yes) already is a result of no garrison script, as noted, they are not good in autobattle since their armour values are low.
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 02, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Im playing a Dunland campaign and the Death took us kind of ruined it because my initial cities will never have more than 400 inhabitants. The penalties will always be bigger than the growth. ive played for over 100 turns and still couldnt get any of the mentioned rewards. Maybe you guys could check it out for future versions. it seems an interesting idea but it really cripples the player.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Im playing a Dunland campaign and the Death took us kind of ruined it because my initial cities will never have more than 400 inhabitants. The penalties will always be bigger than the growth. ive played for over 100 turns and still couldnt get any of the mentioned rewards. Maybe you guys could check it out for future versions. it seems an interesting idea but it really cripples the player.
    Will certainly look over it, thanks for the feedback.

hey thanks everyone for watching, commenting, and just feedback in general.

I dont really like Dunland that much, i mean theres nothing to them nothing that makes them stand out they have no advantage of any kind and their units are terrible.