Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCM Unit Pack for Shogun 2 v0.7 "Ninja Update"

GMoon777's Avatar Libertus

Icon12 GCM Unit Pack for Shogun 2 v0.7 "Ninja Update"

Hello, I would like to present my first Total War mod, The GCM Unit Pack for Shogun 2 v.07
    This mod adds new units to the Sengoku Jidai period (normal Shogun 2 not Fots or Rots)

I will be updating this mod and adding more units and also re-balancing units that players may find overpowered.

The mod works in multiplayer and i have been using the units in Coop Campaign and also custom battles, Also works with darthmod!.
    you may experience glitchy sounds when using unit packs (bows sounding like cannons) if you encounter this problem then please see the post Here

To install simply place the pack into your Shogun 2 data folder and then tick the pack in the mod manager after launching Shogun 2

Now onto the current units!

Date No-Dachi Hero
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Date No-Dachi Hero is a powerful anti infantry unit that has very high damage and morale but is weak to cavalry, missile troops, and large groups of infantry.
    You can only recruit the Hero if you are playing as the Date clan and have the legendary Sword School.

Matchlock Samurai Mercenaries
    The Matchlock Samurai Mercenaries are an elite group of matchlock samurai who have high attack and defense, and good accuracy as well as reload speed, they are designed to fire a few volleys and then be able to hold in melee against basic infantry, they also have a higher amount of men then matchlock samurai, the reason for creating them was i felt that matchlock samurai were very weak getting crushed by almost any infantry, the way i see it these are still samurai and are highly trained dedicated warriors, that should not have difficulty dealing with a unit of ashigaru infantry when charged.

They can be recruited by any faction as long as you have a Gunsmith or above.

Long Yari Samurai
    The Long Yari Samurai are an elite unit of Yari Samurai equiped with "Long Yari" Spears, designed as an anti cavalry unit these men share simular stats to Yari Samurai but with much higher bonus against cavalry and also pike wall and pike square abilitys.

They can be recruited by any faction as long as you have a Yari Drill Yard.

Kisho Ninja Clan
    The Kisho Ninja Clan are an elite unit of ninja's that have been recruited by the local Daiymo to fight for him on the battle field, they have good melee stats and can go stealthed throw bombs and blinding grenades and also have rapid advance, they are great and leading a sneak attack on a castle or an ambush in the woods, the cap on this unit is 2.

Any faction can recruit the Kisho Ninja Clan, as long as you have at least a Criminal Syndicate building.

Portuguese Galleon
    The Portuguese Galleon is a ship similar to "The Black Ship" but is equipped with elite Portuguese Terco marines, Portuguese Sailors and Gun crew, and Portuguese Terco Sabres, the the entire ships crew has individual stats that have been balanced to reflect the Superior Portuguese Navy.

You can recruit the Portuguese Galleon if you are/converted to Christianity and have a Nanban trade quarter, the upkeep is very high and so is the recruitment price, there is also a cap of 1 on these mighty beasts of the sea!

New Units in the 0.6 "Monk Update"

Katana Warrior Monks
    The Katana Warrior monks are a powerful melee unit that excels against infantry but are weak against missile fire and cavalry, their faith makes them strong warriors with a high morale.

You can recruit the Katana Warrior Monks if you are Buddhist and have a sword school or above.

Yari Warrior Monks
    The Yari Warrior monks are good against infantry and cavalry but will have trouble with heavy infantry and missile troops, their faith makes them strong warriors with a high morale.

You can recruit the Yari Warrior Monks if you are Buddhist and have a Yari Dojo or above.

Tetsubo Warrior Monks
    The Tetsubo Warrior monks have a very high attack and are very good against infantry, but somewhat vulnerable to missile units and cavalry, their faith makes them strong warriors with a high morale.

You can recruit the Tetsubo Warrior Monks if you are Buddhist and have at least a No-Dachi Dojo.

Katana Warrior Monk Cavalry
    The Katana Warrior Monk Cavalry are a strong unit that is good against infantry and cavalry alike, vulnerable to missiles and spear infantry, their faith makes them strong warriors with a high morale.

You can recruit the Katana Warrior Monk Cavalry if you are Buddhist and have a Level 2 Stables or above.

Warrior Monk Mounted Gunners
    The Warrior Monk Mounted Gunners are a missile cavalry unit, equiped with muskets these monks excel against all units at a distance, if caught in melee combat these monks are vulnerable to spears and heavy infantry, their faith makes them strong warriors with a high morale.

You can recruit the Warrior Monk Mounted Gunners if you are Buddhist and have a Level 2 Stables and Gunsmith.

New Units in the 0.7 "Ninja Update"

Bow Kisho Ninjas
    The Bow Kisho Ninjas are an elite unit of stealthy ninjas equipped with bows, weak in melee these ninja need to be protected by stronger units so they can destroy the enemy with their superior accuracy and reload speed.

You can recruit the Bow Kisho Ninjas if you have at least a criminal syndicate and an Archery Dojo.

Naginata Kisho Ninjas
    The Naginata Kisho Ninjas are an elite unit of ninjas armed with the deadly naginata, excellent in melee but weak against missile fire these ninjas can turn the fate of the battlefield

You can recruit the Naginata Kisho Ninjas if you have at least a criminal syndicate and a Naginata Dojo.

Kisho Ninja Hero
    The Kisho Ninja hero is a stealthy and powerful unit designed for ambushes, weak against numbers the Kisho Ninja Hero must be used with caution and precision.

You can recruit the Kisho Ninja Hero if you have at least a criminal syndicate.

Matchlock Kisho Ninjas
    The Matchlock Kisho Ninjas have incredible ambush potential, sneaking in the shadows and then firing deadly volleys into the enemy these units are to be feared for their incredible accuracy and reload speed, also very weak in melee.

You can recruit the Matchlock Ninjas if you have at least a criminal syndicate, and Powder maker.

Kisho Ninja Hand Mortars
    The Kisho Ninja Hand Mortars are a deadly ambush unit, with limited range but incredible damage these ninjas need to be protected on the battlefield.

You can recruit the Kisho Ninja Hand Mortars if you have at least a Criminal Syndicate and a Powder Maker.

ChangeLog

v0.1 - v0.4 Private Release
    ----------------------------------
    v0.5 Public Release
    ----------------------------------
    v0.6 "Monk Update"

Added 5 new units
    "Katana Warrior Monks"
    "Yari Warrior Monks"
    "Tetsubo Warrior Monks"
    "Katana Warrior Monk Cavalry"
    "Warrior Monk Mounted Gunners"

Minor bug fixes
    New unit cards added (better unit cards coming soon)
    Re-balanced "Matchlock Samurai Mercenaries" and "Long Yari Samurai"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    v0.7 "Ninja Update"

Added 5 new units
    "Bow Kisho Ninjas"
    "Naginata Kisho Ninjas"
    "Matchlock Kisho Ninjas"
    "Kisho Ninja Hero"
    "Kisho Ninja Hand Mortars"

New Unit Cards
    Re-Ballancing of a few units
    Corrected a few errors
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A huge thanks to Ygge & prayingmantis who without there help this would have not been possible!
    and also to Radious and DarthVader!

I hope you enjoy the unit pack and if you would like to help me out check out my Youtube Channel
    and if you need to rent a game server please check out Oracle Game Servers!

Thanks!

Download Here! v0.7
    Last edited by GMoon777; May 20, 2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Updates

Default Re: GCM Unit Pack for Shogun 2 v0.5

Last edited by GMoon777; February 05, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Hmm-mm...
    I Like The fact That You Make a New Naval Units...Many Modders are such Landlubbers to even Thought about It...

Now, About The Unitcard Sizes(in Pixels):
    Icon 64x118
    Icon_square 46x46
    Info 128x236
    Recruitment_large 75x75
    Recruitment_small 64x64
    This shall fix your Unitcard Problems...
    Oh, Speaking About Unitcards, You better use Washi Paper Backgounds, rather than Purple...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Hmm-mm...
    I Like The fact That You Make a New Naval Units...Many Modders are such Landlubbers to even Thought about It...

Icon 64x118
    Icon_square 46x46
    Info 128x236
    Recruitment_large 75x75
    Recruitment_small 64x64
    Oh, Speaking About Unitcards, You better use Washi Paper Backgounds, rather than Purple...
    ok thanks bro!, i have one small problem though, i cannot edit my post to fix errors, do you know why?

Indefinitely Banned

You're just not posted enough Posts...
    Just Spam 13 Messages...
    You Need 1 Week of Registration and 25 Posts to be able to Edit.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; February 02, 2013 at 04:47 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

You...took my Advice?

You just Drowned Your Own Thread...Well, here I'll bump it

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Hmm-mm...

Icon 64x118
    Icon_square 46x46
    Info 128x236
    Recruitment_large 75x75
    Recruitment_small 64x64
    My bad about the pixels. I have instructed others to copy-paste iconcards to recruitment and etc. Didnt realise that they had different sizes. It is also my fault about the blue backround on the cards. When taking screenshots with unit-editor the screenshots have that colour. Perhaps one can change it in some way?

I am worried that the Long Yari-Samurai could be too powerful. The Long Yari Ashigaru alone could beat a Katana Hero in Spearwall.

Also, I always wanted a bigger variety of Monks. Maybe some Katana Monks, Yari Monks, Katana Monk cav, just a suggestion Unfortunately I can't mod but I always wanted to do this.
    Last edited by Micromoron; February 04, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

Ok bro my next units will be monks!, expect update asap, and whoa man that video with the long yari ashigaru!, that is crazy!, i might have to re balance my long yari samurai with out the spear wall ability!, thanks bro!

Samurai actually fought one by one, without formation. But that would deny the purpose of the Long Yari, I would rebalance them by increasing the cost by a bit and decreasing the morale by a tad.#

If you'd add monks you would be my hero. Do you still need unit cards?

i need unit cards desperately, the only thing holding back version 0.6 is new unit cards for all the units, i have just finished re-balancing the "Matchlock Samurai mercenaries" and "Long Yari Samurai" done minor bug fixing on "Portuguese Galleon". also have 3 new monk units! "Katana Monks, Yari Monks, Katana Monk Cav" have been added, I'm just adding another monk unit now!

If I would know the unit card location I'd make some for you.

Yeah I'm not sure man, all I know is the dimensions for the unit cards and that they need to be in .tga format.

Default Re: GCM Unit Pack for Shogun 2 v0.6 "Monk Update"

I love you dude. Instarep.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Micromoron View Post
    I am worried that the Long Yari-Samurai could be too powerful. The Long Yari Ashigaru alone could beat a Katana Hero in Spearwall.

Also, I always wanted a bigger variety of Monks. Maybe some Katana Monks, Yari Monks, Katana Monk cav, just a suggestion Unfortunately I can't mod but I always wanted to do this.
    About monks, maybe this could add some juice to the game

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

lol, i did naval units too but i didnt release them.

I think that you did a good job, by now, i congratulate you because they look awesome, ill "taste" them later.

Haldier

lol, i did naval units too but i didnt release them.

I think that you did a good job, by now, i congratulate you because they look awesome, ill "taste" them later.

Haldier

Awesome thanks bro, I saw your unit pack before I made mine it inspired me, you should release your naval units

Great Mod! Maybe you could add some more units, such as some more monks and some more matchlock units.

are there going to be better versions of these monks for the ikko ikki and the useugi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast