Thread: Nanban Recruit Mod

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Nanban Recruit Mod

I always hated the fact that you had to convert to Christianity in order to build The Pirate Ship, the Nanban Trade Ship, and European Cannons. So I made a mod that allows such units to be built.

You now have the option to create a Military Port or Nanban Trade Port if your clans religion is Buddhism. I'm not sure if Ikki Ikko fall into this category. If they don't, great. That was my intention. If they are allowed to build Nanban Trade Ports, more the merrier I guess. However that was not my intention because they should not be allowed according to their religion.

Keep in mind that once you select the Nanban Trade Port that you have reached the buildings highest upgrade level. If you receive an event message letting you build another Nanban Trade Port, continue as normal. If you convert to Christianity, you may continue as normal and upgrade a Nanban Trade Port to a Nanban Quarter as usual.

Compatibility:

Campaigns: Shogun 2

DLCs: I'm not sure if this will be compatible with the Otomo Clan DLC, but I'm pretty sure it will be. This mod only adds a new building to Buddhist Clans. I've never played a Christian campaign, but my understanding is that Christian Clans area allowed to build The Black Ship. If I'm wrong please let me know. I can then add The Black Ship to the Christians.

MODs: Should be compatible with any Mods. Just let me know if you need me to add this to your mod. Feel free to use this for any community mods and what ever else you would need this for.

New Changes:

If you decide to adopt Christianity, your Nanban Ports will produce units with higher XP, thus still trying to keep some balance to the game. When building Clan specific units, like the Hojo European Cannon, from either Buddhist or Ikko Nanban Trade Ports will produce units with a level 1. No matter which clan, Christian Nanban Port produces level 2 units and the Christian Nanban Quarter produces level 4 units.

Imported Matchlock Ashigaru - Trade Port

European Cannons - Nanban Trade Port
    Hojo European Cannons - Nanban Trade Port

Bow Kobaya Ship - Nanban Trade Port
    Bow Kobaya Ship Mori - Nanban Trade Port

Siege Tower Bune Ship - Nanban Trade Port (Originally Ikko Ikki does not have the ability to recruit The Siege Tower Bune. I have now enabled it)
    Medium Bune Mori Ship - Nanban Trade Port

Nanban Trade Ship - Nanban Trade Port
    Mori Nanban Trade Ship (aka Galleon Caravel) - Nanban Trade Port

The Black Ship - Pirate Fortress

Instructions:

This Mod is a MOVIE format. Just place this MOD and encyclopedia folder in to your game's data directory and play the game. You do not need to add this to you user.script.txt file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Assembly\Total War Shogun 2\data

References
    ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO)

Download Link: Nanban Recruit Mod v2.2
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; September 20, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Default Re: Nanban Recruit Mod

Let me know if you think I should change from Arsenal to Gunpowder to make it a bit easier.

I think I'm going to make an addition mod for this to allow 1 Nanban Port without waiting for the Nanban Traders Event. I'm playing the Ikki Ikko and it's ridiculous that I have to wait so long to get it. I hear you get it around turn 80-90. I'm on turn 74 and the game is almost over.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 09, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

I did a complete overhaul. I did it right this time and created a brand new Nanban Trade Port. It's still the same as the Christian Nanban Trade Port, but I used the Buddhist religion in stead of Christianity. Once you have built a trading port, you will have two options, Nanban Trading Port or Military Port. If you select Nanban Trading Port, you gain all the benefits as the Christian Nanban Trading Port with the exception of upgrading it to a Nanban Quarter. You're building upgrade level will be at it's highest level when the Nanban Trading Port is selected.

If you change your religion to Christianity, everything will work accordingly.

If you receive the event to build a trading port, then everything will work accordingly.

Update v1.7:

Forgot to add the regular trade ships. This should be a final version now.

Can you post another mirror? can't seem to download.

Another download link anywhere?

New link please

TWC hasn't been right ever since it's makeover. I should have known. I re-uploaded a new link. I never had the Otomo DLC pack, so I can't mod something I don't have.

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

I think there should be an option to trade with the Dutch that allows you to have the all advantages of the Nanban trade quarter but it won't spread Christianity and you don't have to convert. The downside is that the Dutch would come late in the game between 1575 and 1585.

arten800's Avatar Civis

Kinda kills realism it would be better if you get those by trading as converting your clan to christiany will make clans hate you
    ARE YOU READY,LETS GO,PUT YA GUNS ON!-Date Masamune[Sengoku Basara]

I have Pirate Fortress but can not recruite Black Ship.
    What' wrong.
    (I'm play in Otomo DLC pack)

+++++