Thread: Question regarding mercenaries

Fubar2k5's Avatar Libertus

Default Question regarding mercenaries

I have 0.44 installed with the recruitment hotfix as well as the music hotfix and all those hotfixes released, however i can't recruit any mercenaries. Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Default Re: Question regarding mercenaries

Mercs can't be recruited like in vanilla Rome. You have to run the script and to own regions where mercs may be recruited. Normandy and Wales for example are merc-regions.Then your advisor will tell you if some are available, at what price and where they will be stationed (make sure you have 2 positions open in that town).
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

Fubar2k5's Avatar Libertus

So for example, the danish 'Viking Huscarls' are mercenaries which can be recruited only in the Scandinavian region?

Nope, Viking Huscarls aren't mercs, but some factions troops are also limited to regions, like the Viking troops in the scandinavian regions.
    Examples for mercs only troops are Welsh Longbowmen and Norman Axemen, while Viking Warriors are available as mercs and as recruitable troops for Denmark.
    AFAIK you need a governor in those special regions also to be able to hire mercs.
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

Mercenaries don't work at all for me, the advisors do tell me where to recruit them but they are never there. I do have a general in the city and one in the region, outside the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Invasion
    Mercenaries don't work at all for me, the advisors do tell me where to recruit them but they are never there. I do have a general in the city and one in the region, outside the city.
    You'll have to click on the "show me" button below the advisors face to recruit them, if there are 2 positions free in the regions city they should be there.
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

can anyone do something so we don't always have to activate the script?
    it's a bit annoing! i am always forgetting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master of the Order
    You'll have to click on the "show me" button below the advisors face to recruit them, if there are 2 positions free in the regions city they should be there.
    Ok, I was afraid to push that because when I didn't have 0.44 it made the game crash.