View Poll Results: How Long Shall We Wait Until R2 be as Moddable as S2TW, set to be The Lowest Benchmark

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 Months

19 16.24%
  • 4-6 Months

14 11.97%
  • Half to a Year

15 12.82%
  • More than a Year

30 25.64%
  • Rome 2 Won't be even as Moddable as its Predecessors before It.

39 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Much Time Will Pass Until Rome 2 Will Be Relatively Moddable?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: How Much Time Will Pass Until Rome 2 Will Be Relatively Moddable?

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    What counts as total conversion ?
    I would settle for a mod that changes regions and factions.

Rome total realism or EB.
    Quote Originally Posted by random_samurai View Post
    It took a lot more work to get it there than in NTW/ETW for sure. Those two required a simple edit of 3 boxes on the ESF; you'd boot it up and the UI at the selection screen would just accept the new flags.

S2 was more faction 'swapping' than faction unlocking since you could only have 8 (was it 8?) factions selectable in the UI at any given time (unless you have extra slots provided by the faction DLC)

Swapping means that you have to change the ESF, and then also edit the DBs so that your localisation reads the correct names on screen, the correct flags are swapped, the correct unit rosters are swapped, and the uniforms as well.

More work for sure, and released mods can really only do faction packs, which can be bothersome if you want to do a co-op campaign and the two factions you'd like to be are in two separate packs.

I'll be happy if the system just doesn't get worse (as in it doesn't become harder to swap factions in and out).
    I am sure Rome II will act the same way.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; February 09, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123