Thread: [PREVIEW] Skaven

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default [PREVIEW] Skaven

Grey Seers :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Grey Seers are the great wizards of the Skaven, and are seen through the race as prophets of the Horned Rat. They commonly preach to the Skaven populace of a coming time called the Great Ascendancy, when all of the Skaven will rise up as one and overwhelm both the Old World and the New World. Any who oppose the Grey Seers are considered to be heretics, and will be hunted down and killed in the name of the Horned Rat. On top of all of the power of the Grey Seers, there is also one of their number in the Council of Thirteen, known as the Seerlord, and is the informant to the rest of the Grey Seers of the council's actions. Some Skaven believe that there should not be a Grey Seer in the Council, and say that it is not the intended role of the Grey Seers. However, in the massive Skaven populace, their voices remain unheard for the time being.

Warplock Jezzails :
    Jezzail teams consist of two Skaven, one armed with a long-barreled rifle and the other carrying a shield that he props up to defend the team and to present a firm point to rest the weapon on. The Jezzail fires bullets of refined warpstone that explode on impact, making a mockery of the thickest armour.

Poison Wind Globadiers :
    Poisoned wind globes are glass or crystal orbs filled with deadly warpstone gas. When thrown, the sphere shatters, releasing billowing clouds so lethal that mere skin contact can cause severe pain or even death. On the battlefield Poisoned Wind Globadiers lurk between Skaven formations and await an opportunity to dart forward and lob their deadly missiles.

Warp Lightning Cannon :
    The Warp Lightning Cannon is a weapon of pure destruction. Created by the Warlock Engineers of Clan Skryre, it has the power to tear apart units and monsters with ease. While Clan Skryre perfects the art of firing incandescent balls of warp lightning, the Plague Monks of Clan Pestilens are busy launching toxic sludge from their Plagueclaw Catapults, which brings long-range death to the arsenal of the combat-oriented Plague Monks. Armour offers no protection to those hit by the deadly payload of the Plagueclaw catapult as it will eat through metal, skin and bone without discrimination.

Screaming Bell :
    Of all the diabolical wonder weapons of the Skaven, none is as notorious as the Screaming Bell. It is from these unholy altars that the Grey Seers preach their plans of total domination in the name of the Great Horned Rat.

Plague Monks :
    Plague Monks form the bulk of Clan Pestilens' troops. The putrid stench and swarms of flies that always surround them are a feared sign of the prescence of these acolytes of pestilence on the battlefield.

Rat Ogre :
    If mutation was an art, then Rat Ogres would be the masterpiece of the Skaven Clan Moulder's endless experiments with Warpstone. Created with bits of organic material from dozens of creatures, only the strongest survive the terrible birth conditions that they are created in. Rat Ogres are hulking monstrosities, let loose on the battlefield by their Packmasters, whom are much like those who drive forth Clan Moulder's Giant Rats. Once unleashed, Rat Ogres are a terrible sight to behold, and are great killing machines that were born to fight and tear up infantry like dolls. Rat Ogres are the byproduct of years of surgical experimentation, selective breeding, and Warpstone enhancement to Clan Rat stock by the so-called Master Mutators of Clan Moulder. The massively-muscled beasts are led into battle by cruel packmasters like beasts of burden, seemingly incapable of rational or independent thought. They live only to serve.

Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; February 01, 2013 at 09:09 AM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Skaven

Skaven were one of the factions I played back in my tabletop time and I must say I appreciate the way they turned out. Did some custom battles, and though they obviously need some tweaking gameplaywise, it was really fun.

I grinned like a maniac when my giant rats swarmed the enemy *barking* with their vanilla sounds. Did you see "Tangled"? Do you remember Maximus, the horse, sniffing like a dog and stuff? Now let your mind do the rest... ^^

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

GREAT WORK!!

alainbenjo's Avatar Foederatus

this is my favourite faction, the model are very spectacular.I hope to be inserted early in the campaign

The Skaven have seen as much work as most of the other factions, so don't worry: I think it is safe to assume they will be fully implemented when we release the next version. Until then, there will be more faction-specific previews, and one of them will certainly be for Skaven, so keep your eyes open ;-)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)