Thread: Need photo of 90mm Anti-Aircraft gun

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Default Need photo of 90mm Anti-Aircraft gun

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this, but I'm in need of a free to use photo of a 90mm Anti-Aircraft gun.

I'm currently working on a documentary about the Los Angeles Air Raid, which I've already got permission to show at the an event occurring this year, but I'm having a hard time finding any photos of this gun which is copyright free for me to use.

I'll be taking a trip down to a museum to take some photos of an old gun sitting outside, but I was hoping for a broader variety and am exploring all my options.

If anyone happens to have family photos of their grandparents using one during WWII or have access to one that they can take a picture of this would be greatly appreciated. Video of one in action that I can use would be especially awesome.

If not, I'm no worse off then when I started.

Thanks
    Ramashan.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Default Re: Need photo of 90mm Anti-Aircraft gun

Well photos on wikipedia are free for use, as I recall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90_mm_Gun_M1/M2/M3

Also this website states that its photos are public domain unless otherwise specified (you can read it in the "About this Website" link at the bottom).
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Yeah, I ran across those. Was just putting feelers out for additional material.

Thank you so much for the help though.

-Rama

Here's the opening of the project I needed the image for.

It's A first hand re-count of events between the attack on Pearl Harbor and the experience of the Los Angeles Air Raid. The Air Raid, for those that don't know, was this big crazy freak-out that occurred in Los Angeles on the night of Feb 24th to the early hours of the 25th where the Air defense force shot over 1600 rounds into the night at either nothing, a rogue weather balloon, or a UFO. This event came a day after a Japanese sub shot a couple of rounds off at an oil field just north of the city.

The longer 61/2 minute version will be playing this weekend (Feb 16th) at the L.A. Air Raid event in San Pedro, CA. After that I'll post a link to the longer version if anyone is interested.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    The Air Raid, for those that don't know, was this big crazy freak-out that occurred in Los Angeles on the night of Feb 24th to the early hours of the 25th where the Air defense force shot over 1600 rounds into the night at either nothing, a rogue weather balloon, or a UFO. This event came a day after a Japanese sub shot a couple of rounds off at an oil field just north of the city.
    I read a short article about it a few weeks ago actually. Interestingly they missed out the submarine attack the day before, probably to try and make the American defenders look sillier (it's a very pro-British magazine).

Sad about the people who died from the anti-aircraft fire though (and those who had heart attacks from the noise of it all).
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.