Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baal's kickstart mod

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Baal's kickstart mod

Hi everybody, this is a mod made for the latest Gigantus version to this date (01/31/2013). Also a fair warning, this mod is not fully ready yet, it sure has some quirks here and there and some things that need polishing but as it's not something that radically change the game I'm pretty sure it's safe and stable.

What it does? It's pretty simple.

-For starters, all factions start with more units, most buildings already done and several watchtowers to make your life a bit easier. Every faction (that can) already has merchants on all the resources in their starting lands. Basically I pre-made most of the stuff that you would end up doing at the start of the game anyway and could be considered by some as a simply waste of time. I tried to make every faction making a profit right from the bat (not possible for all). To achieve this objective I made a few of units have free upkeep (a Border Princes one and a coupe from the empire that I remember off). All of this is to allow you to start kicking some rears from the begging without the need to worry about developing your starting towns so much.

-Secondly I modified (lowered) the prices of most ork units in order to make them playable without going to bankruptcy while allowing you to have huge hordes of fun and WAAAGGHHH. I'm not an ork fan but sure some people here are. Also for the antifans of the orks, there's more ork meat to grind! Oh and the WAAGGHH banners now give you more recruitment slots, as should be logical.

-Thirdly I made the gunsmith (cannon_foundry_1 or cannon buildings level 1) necessary for all units like hand gunners and pistoliers, and now the cannon maker is the minimum needed for making cannons (which make much more sense). Accordingly the gunsmith is cheaper and faster to build but the cannon maker is slower and expensive to build.

-Fourthly, I made some traits and ancillaries for merchants, spies and assassins. Those characters where greatly neglected on vanilla and where really hard to train up. Now if a spy spends a turn on a city with an university it has a good chance of getting something cool like a telescope, while assassins on a city with a gunsmith can get a pistol and stuff like that. Also I made diplomats recruitable again for most factions, accordingly I disabled the script that gave you diplomats. Also I increased the max quantity of agents every level of markets and such buildings allow. Oh now allied merchants can't buy each other deals.

-Fifthly I employed the better pikes mod, by Valiant Champion! All hail him!

-Sixthly, I disabled the flying banners over the units (I find them distracting, plus the mod already have some badass units holding banners) and made the game run in a windowed mode at a resolution of 1680x1050 (that's my resolution). Why of this? That way you can Alt+Tab while the game is running and it will smothly go from and to the game, without the need of any loading screens, this will allow you for example to browse the internet after you press the end-turn button and the game is processing the other factions turns. If you have a different resolution all you need is to open the Configuration.cfg file with notepad and under [video], where it says campaign_resolution = 1680 1050 and battle_resolution = 1680 1050 change it for whatever resolution you have. It should look something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    #InfractaMod
    #Rage
    #1.5.100

[features]
    mod = mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods
    editor = true

[util]
    #no_animdb = true

[video]
    #movies = false
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = true
    #tga_width = 1400
    show_banners = 0
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    battle_resolution = 1680 1050
    Those numbers in blue are the ones you have to change to suit your resolution, if for example you have a 1280x1024 resolution then it should be changed to this:
    Code:
    campaign_resolution = 1280 1024
    battle_resolution = 1280 1024

-Seventhly: I integrated this great, great mod Re-skinned settlements HQ by the hand of the great Kahvipannu, all hails to him too!!!

-Also I think, don't believe me, that I made the rebels a little more feisty.

-Lastly I put back again the "small" maps both on the faction selection and the campaign map that somehow gives a better perspective (with the larger, stretched maps the models look somehow squat, at least on mi screen).

This is mostly a mod I made to suit my tastes and I uploaded here to have a back up of it. However if anyone want something else, well you can put it here and I could try to do it. Needeless to say, I accept both constructive praise and critics alike,

- Final work released:
    -Corrected the darn "posledovaelyami chaos" text that by some reason was driving me crazy and some other texts too.
    -Made Night Goblins playable again, they got the same treatment everyone else (all buildings possible already built, merchants in place, watchtowers and whatnot)
    -Implemented textures and battlefield buildings by the GREAT Kahvipannu.
    -Fixed an error with the dark eldar assassin traits at the start of the game.
    -Pampered Wisseland a bit too much.
    -Made Nuln Pikemen recruitable by Wisseland too, instead of depending on the mercenary camp.
    -Made Ork hulks buildable from the chaos shipwright just in case a ork player captures a town with one so it's not forced to demolish it and build a chaos port in order to make ships.
    -Changed jeweler workshop and fishing settlement effects so they don't benefit all the factions (like Orks for example)
    -Spawned armies now don't teleport. They walk as they should be, son you can effectively block them. I mostly tested this on the Grimgor Ironhide invasion around turn 64, I works reasonably well, just don't expect the invasion force to survive 100% of the time, however even if just one stack it left from it, it will keep pushing towards Nuln. They still spawn where they used to, so don't be surprised if they still spawn next to you.
    -Other things I probably don't remember.

Download it here

EDIT: Patch for the Grimgor thingy. I think. I uploaded, unrar and paste the export_vnvs.txt on the Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\Data\Text folder. I uploaded in .rar because for some reason the site didn't allowed me to uploaded in txt directly. Sorry for the delay, I was freaking busy this week.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lord Baal; September 27, 2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Uploaded true mod.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Baal's kickstart mod

Cool stuff man, trying this out asap.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    However if anyone want something else, well you can put it here and I could try to do it.
    Lord Baal, I personally prefer the "slower" start, but the new ancs/traits, and better pikes sounds great addition. Could version like that be a possibility?

Of course, it's actually pretty simply. Just don't paste the descr_strat.txt inside the imperial_campaign folder.

You know what? I'm going to upload a zip with just the new traits and better pikes for you, no building, banners, windowed mode, minimaps or other changes. However the new pikes files comes with the cheaper upkeep for orks units and the free upkeep in towns for a few units (like 3) too, I hope that's ok. If you want only the pikes with the old ork prices then you can download the file here. Oh and of right know there's actually not a lot of new ancillaries, I hope to come up with new ones later and update the mod then.

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 06, 2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Uploaded again
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Ah yes, your right, it actually is simple like that But you could upload a version witout the file, for simple pick-up for people as an option.

Fixed, I uploaded the right files. But without which file you mean?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 04, 2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: up instead of down

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Cool mod. Is this compatible with the the Drcuhii Expansion mod that King Arthur released recently? If not is it possible to make it compatible?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well right off the bat I can say no, it's no possible without a lot of work, since that mod also alter the ancillaries and other stuff. Basically for the looks of it, that mod modifies every file my mod modifies too (plus a lot more files), then merging them would be a lot of work. However I'm downloading the mod to see what can be done.

Yes, as I thought, it would be really lengthly to merge the two mods. But what exactly do you like from my mod?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 02, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

Man your mod is fun
    But I did put this line at the end in campaign_script-

disable_shortcuts object_manager show_console true

I think I got to addictive to cheats That will disable console

Oh thanks for the feedback and the advice! I will have it present when uploading the mod, I didn't know you could do that.

I my self use the console only for modding and testing reasons.

I'm right now making an small update of the mod (mostly putting buildings in order and making sure some units are recruitable from turn 0 and fixing some dark eldar assassins traits bugs). Latter I will come up with more trains and ancillaries for agents.

Say thanx to Gigantus I found this Cheating Solution at one of his posts

Hmmm I do have two versions of CoW installed-
    one in english, for test pursuits
    and one in russian, clean version Im playing.

I did test your mod first in english, now I wanted to start playing it in my russian game, but unfortunately it does not work with my russian game

Any ideas, is there is any quick solution for that? Id really love to play it, but when Im playing I love to read alot, and its much easier in my native language...

Oh, that's probably because my mod is made from Gigantus 1.5.1 English version. But as I don't really change any text or anything it's most probably something more technical. If you post the error logs I could pin point the error and help you out.

no bother gimme 30min, I must collect my girlfriend from work first
    Ill be back!- faster then terminator

hmmmm that weird but I cant find logs in my virtual storage...
    But I found folder Logs in my medieval folder,
    inside file- warhammer_system.log
    But dont think that the one

Hell I found logs for empires and shogun but cant find it for medieval

That's the one I think, the one that says warhammer_system.log.

Okey dokey its here

Oh I was wrong, the one we need is M2TW.systemlog.txt. I think, I'm not sure now since the log you uploaded look a lot like my M2TW.systemlog.txt reporst... Anyway, you have to make sure logs are enabled in your Configuration.cfg file before starting the game!

However the report log you uploaded does give some info. There's the errors:
    Code:
    The castle core building level should be EQUAL the settlement level!

16:07:49.385 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1170, column 5
    And
    Code:
    16:07:49.394 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1473, column 34
    Could not find Adept_Spy, in traits database
    16:07:49.395 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1476, column 93
    Could not find Talent_for_Murder, in traits database
    In there, both of which are already corrected by me on the unreleased update. Now those two errors shouldn't have to crash the game I think, anyway going down further we find out this:

Code:
    16:08:40.955 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 54 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:08:40.955 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 58 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:08:40.955 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 58 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:08:40.955 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 59 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:08:40.955 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 86 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/greek/eventpics/hide_ui.tga.dds
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/greek/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/hide_ui.tga.dds
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.955 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hide_ui.tga.dds
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hide_ui.tga.dds
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hide_ui.tga
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval 2 - Total War Kingdoms)
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    16:08:40.956 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval 2 - Total War Kingdoms)
    16:08:40.956 [system.rpt] [error]

Which I think points out to some files missing. However I seem this before in many logs where the cause of the crash was something else, so It's hard to tell. From what I could gather you managed to run the game, start a new campaign and then after one or a few turns the game crashed. I'm right? What exactly say the error window? Something like Chaos Taken Hold Sigmar Preserve Us?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 06, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Well,
    I tried few diferent factions and every time its the same,
    As soon as Im pressing End Turn it rolls all factions until rebels, then game crashesh at the rebels, throgh not sure if it crashes due to beggine of new turn
    Its verry weird but in error message no text at all... Its blank message with only one button- Ok

Ummm I see... the fact that you can load the game and start a campaign narrow the possibilities. It's probably something that is referenced on my submod files that exists on Gigantus version but not in the original, or the other way around, a detailed log could help us a lot here.

Try adding
    Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * error
    To the .cfg file.

The name of the txt it's a mere formality, you can leave it as is its, but the level = * error is needed, comment out the rest of the [log] section of the file using #, for example like this:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    #level = * trace
    level = * error
    #file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    #file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    #file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    #file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 06, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

dude Im an idiot... lol I did all as you sayed and it didnt help,
    I tried diferent combinations but didnt work out...
    I added just for in case-

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

lol just now i realised what happend... he he any way here is the log-

22:19:41.555 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:19:41.555 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    22:19:41.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:19:41.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:19:41.559 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:19:41.559 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:19:41.560 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:19:41.560 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:19:41.560 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/data.pack
    22:19:41.560 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/localized.pack
    22:20:14.864 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1170, column 5

22:20:14.864 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1170, column 5

22:20:14.870 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1473, column 34
    Could not find Adept_Spy, in traits database
    22:20:14.870 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1476, column 93
    Could not find Talent_for_Murder, in traits database
    22:20:26.547 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    22:20:53.477 [system.rpt] [error]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast