Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best use of 2-Handers?

Default Re: Best use of 2-Handers?

Would be nice to have them go in triangle formation, so they effectively break the enemy's formations, split them up and have them followed by your regular troops who fill the gaps and beat the light out of those pesky humans.

Or orcsies, depending of what side you're on, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Yes.. reserve and flankers if you have lil cavalry or if the enemy tries to flank you...
    I used this advice with my Battle-Ready Dunedain in my Eriador campaign, and it's worked very well. Once the main infantry lines have engaged, I just send them in on the flank, and sometimes I can roll up an entire line with each enemy unit routing in turn as the dunedain charge their flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeson View Post
    I used this advice with my Battle-Ready Dunedain in my Eriador campaign, and it's worked very well. Once the main infantry lines have engaged, I just send them in on the flank, and sometimes I can roll up an entire line with each enemy unit routing in turn as the dunedain charge their flank.
    Good. It does work. I often have eith all cav armies or infantry based like pikemen/spearmen with archers with two handers and normal troops on the flank..

the only 2h units I ever use in bulk are the eldarinwe swordsmen and silvan swordsmen, but then again the elves don't have many infantry units to choose from, and the spearmen for both are god awful lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234