Thread: Somethin' fishy 'bout those Imperial Guards...

Default Somethin' fishy 'bout those Imperial Guards...

So I've been playing this mod recently, and I must say it's one of the most fun mods I've yet played, if a bit buggy. After going on a mongol-altaic culture binge of listening to Tuvan throat singing and considering my options for buying a yurt, I decided to start a mongol campaign to scratch my central-asian nomadic conquest itch. Fast forward a couple turns or so, and I'm at the gates of Beijing with an army of horse archers and two lancers, and guess who sallies forth to crush these impudent tribesmen? That's right, the emperor himself. So after about ten minutes of dressing up Hirohito's army (and himself) like porcupines, the entire army's been routed... save for a funny little group of spearmen behind the walls. Now these are no regular spearmen, these are the Imperial Guards, the elite infantry. I charge in to mow them down with lancers and a maelstrom of arrows... "Uh-oh. This isn't good."

What?

Alright, alright, the game probably was too much for my poor old processor to handle, god bless her six year outdated soul. So I try it again, same thing happens, turn the army into pincushions, all that haven't been killed or captured have routed to the city except for those Imperial Guards. Charge 'em again. Right before contact, once again "Uh-oh." Well, needless to say I was a bit apprehensive, but I let it slide. Another army, about to close in on the imperial city meets a ragtag group near what I assume is the mountain range meant to be the great wall. Just three units, ballista, Quing - no, Quiang? I dunno - and, wouldn't you know it? A unit of Imperial Guards. Well, I rain arrows on the Quinns and charge my lancers into the ballistas, and right behind them is those Guards. Naturally, the guards charge in like proper shock infantry, and you will
    NEVER
    GUESS
    WHAT HAPPENS
    NEXT

"Uh-oh. This isn't g"

tl:dr, I think the Imperial Guards may have some kinda CTD bug.

Domesticus

Default Re: Somethin' fishy 'bout those Imperial Guards...

Hmm, could be. Theres definately something up with the Chinese units. I suspect catapults, but next time I play im gonna see if the epic army my Japanese forces are fighting has any Imperial Guard in it

Imperial guards always cause crashes for me, whether they are in my army or that of the enemy. Sometimes it can be avoided for a short time by turning off their spear formation, but it inevitably crashes...
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

I gotta look at this imperial guards. I never noticed.

Indeed, I am doing a campaign with China and I can think of several errors.
    That unit does not move well.
    90% of the battles that include that unit in campaign or quick battle ends in "Uh-oh"

On the other hand I want to say that I am very happy to find this mod, thank you very much to everyone who made this possible.
    I hope to help as needed.

I would like to confirm that when I played my Japanese Campaign, I got a CTD when I battled with China. Only then I thought it was the ballista, could have been the imperial guards doe. I say China is bugged !

I have also noticed that something was of with China in genaral when battling them the game crashes really often at first I also thought it was the chinese ballista but I also noticed it could have been the Imperial guard but the bug seemd already to been have reported so I did never report anything.

Is it possible to remove china in some way to check what bugs are gone?

Any updates regarding the crashes and whether they were imperial guards or not ?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Many bugs were fixed in last patch, maybe this is also one of them

Yup Imperial Guards have been fixed and the unit has a new model.

Was it the model or the animation that was the problem?

The problem was a missing animation.