Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance-A Middle-Earth RP[ (Complete. New Rules in page 12) Claims Open

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance (98% Complete, only the actual map is left)

Herumor has been claimed by KieKeBoon.

Fuinor might also be claimed by Pyrrhus, but he's changed his mind before.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance (98% Complete, only the actual map is left)

I am still part of a strategy war game forum that I joined years ago. Most of the games are dead at the moment and the players are waiting for two of the big admins to start up a new one each. I can go ask them for more players if you want and see if anyone is interested?
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

When the mod will be ready?

Everything is ready except the map. I haven't received any feedback from Aetius. I have also sent it for an evaluation to the moderators.

Great,cant wait to play it.

Maybe pick or create a character in the wait?

Maybe pick or create a character in the wait?

King Admir

Amdir*

What experience do you have with RPGs?

Looks good to me

Thank you very much, but I think I was rathr incompetent at explaining the rules properly.

Seems a lot to keep track of. Do you have a battle calculator?

Yeah, it does. I am using percentile dice for calculations and add numbers for bonuses.

So:

Unit A charges Unit B. It rolls 50% on the charge and has a native 5% Attack bonus, and is equipped with Longswords. The Longsword armed unit gets 7% Attack bonus from fighting Spearmen,
    resulting in a 62% Attack. Now, Unit B has a native 12% Defense and is armed with Spears. It rolls 40% Defense and has a 5% bonus due to it's weaponry. This results in a 57% Defense.

That's how I do it in my mind.

I was thinking of going to the workshop and asking for a map as Aetius hasn't contacted me.

Default Re: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance-A Middle-Earth RP[ (98% Complete, only the actual map is left) Claims Open

I'll be Anarion.

Default Re: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance-A Middle-Earth RP[ (98% Complete, only the actual map is left) Claims Open

Hell yeah.

Anarion has been claimed by Gandalf. Would you like his son Meneldil as well?

I think I'll stick with the Witch King unless we get two chars.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Default Re: Proposal: War of the Last Alliance-A Middle-Earth RP[ (In for a rework) Claims Open

As the shed while considering this infeasible for the time being, but gave me the chance for a rework, I have started some changes.

The first of this is the merging of the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and Gundabad factions into a single faction named Orcs of the North. This had long been a thorn in my side, as the OotM had no roster to speak of (Due to it never being sent to me)and generally being a weak, underdeveloped faction which would get it's arse kicked in the early game. With such a merging, the Orcs of the North present a far greater threat to the good factions, rather than the afterthought they had originally been.

Orcs of the North

Characters

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Chieftain Radbug

Population cap

Regions Controlled

Gundabad:Medium Fertility,Medium Mineral Wealth,Medium Gem Wealth. Capital: Mount Gundabad

Ettenmoors:High Fertility,Trade Lane. Capital: Mount Gram.Great Lordship

Litash:High Fertility,Low Mineral Wealth,Trade Lane. Capital: Litash. Minor Lordship

The High Pass:Medium Fertility,Trade Lane,Low Mineral Wealth. Capital: Great Lordship

Southern Misty Mountains:Low Fertility,Trade Lane,Medium Mineral Wealth. Capital: Orc Outpost. Minor Lordship

Northern Misty Mountains:Low Fertility,Trade Lane,Medium Mineral Wealth. Capital: Buronk. Minor Lordship

Army Roster

Snaga Rabble: Longsword.Cost 100 Mirian.Unit size:220.The player receives 7 units when raising levies.

Orcs of the Mountain: Spear,Round Shield,Chainmail (+5% Defense).Cost 400 Mirian.Unit size:200

Wildmen Warriors: (+6% Attack) Greatsword,Javelin.Cost 600 Mirian.Unit size:180

Trolls of the North: (+12% Attack, only three units allowed in an army) Hammer,Troll Skin (+12% Defense), Fearsome unit (-5 Morale). Cost 1.800 Mirian.Unit size: 15

Spearmen of Gundabad: (+5% Attack) Spear,Kite Shield,Chainmail (+5% Defense).Cost 650 Mirian.Unit size:190

Orc Archers: (+4% Attack) Longow,Longsword,Scale Armour (+6% Defense).Cost 500 Mirian.Unit size:200

Champions of Gundabad: (+10% Attack) Greatsword,Heavy Chainmail (+8% Defense).Cost 950 Mirian.Unit size:165

Wildmen Reavers: (+8% Attack) Axe,Lamellar Armour (+10% Defense) Fearsome unit (-5 Morale). Cost 1.100 Mirian.Unit size:150

Warg Riders: (+7% Attack) Longsword,Bow,Heavy Chainmail (+8% Defense).Cost 1.000 Mirian.Unit size:130

Chieftain's Guard: (+12% Attack, only 3 units allowed at a time) Hammer,Heavy Full Chaimail (+12% Defense) Fearsome unit: (-5 Morale).Cost 1.200 Mirian.Unit size:150

Buildings

Wolf Pit:+5% to Wolf and Warg Attack.Costs 5.000 Mirian

Troll Cave:Allows the recruitment of Trolls of the North.Costs 8.000 Mirian

Wildmen Camp: Allows recruitment of Wildmen units as well as a+5% Defense to Wildmen Units.Costs 8.000 Mirian

Orc Smithy:+2% Attack to units.Costs 3.000 Mirian

Raider Lodge:+1 Influence, 5% decrease on unit cost.Costs 8.000 Mirian