Thread: Shield and heat values of mounted units.

Default Shield and heat values of mounted units.

Currently shield value of mounted units equal shield value of their counterparts on foot, but while mounted your shield covers less of your total area (rider+mount) then while on foot.
    Other thing I dont understand is the logic behind cumulative heat values for rider + mount. I mean, the heat value represents how fast you tire while wearing certain armor, while it makes sense for foot units, I dont think you and your horse tire as fast as just you wearing your armor because difference between man in leather armor and man in heavy plate isnt that big for the horse given his own weight. Additionally when you are mounted all the walking and running around is done by your horse while the fighting is mostly done by you while sitting AKA part of the armor heat value relates to your movement and this part should be greatly reduced, movement heat value should be mostly based on mount and his armor and since horse is persistent animal it should be able to run for longer than lets say militia in leather armor even if the horse is wearing catapharact armor.
    Could someone explain why it is the way it is please?

Default Re: Shield and heat values of mounted units.

I don't know how much thought PB had with heat. Overall the values are very low and with so many knights having hardy or very hardy heat is nearly meaningless. Armor on a horse should affect it heavily but otherwise I agree. I simply set heat = armor with plate and some armors getting 1/3 discount as aren't as heavy or don't require thick gambeson or multiple layers.

Can you post a complete list of your heat values and any other changes you're making to RC?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Can you post a complete list of your heat values and any other changes you're making to RC?
    Maximum stamina values for all mounted units is now hardy.
    Last edited by Point Blank; May 12, 2013 at 05:26 AM.