Thread: Battle Royale/Server Games

Tribunus

Default Battle Royale/Server Games

This has been suggested before, this post isn't made with any assumptions about feasibility or specific suggestions for implementation, and is intended to serve only as a gauge for interest/to promote discussion.

Having the Competitive Server sit idle for almost an entire week is pretty wasteful and utilising it as an FFA PvP, or Battle Royale/Server Games, server would be a solid way to generate more interest in the Minecraft Centre servers as a whole.

There are more than a few popular servers out there that cater to the BR crowd, many of whom originally started as/also support a Towny or Factions PvP server. The objective for the MMC servers here would be to get more users aware of what you offer/the fact you exist at all, and in turn promoting more interest in the regular Factions PvP server.

Thoughts?

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Battle Royale/Server Games

This has been suggested and was meant to be implemented, but moderation is working quite hard on a variety of other things at the moment or we've got some rl duties that need attending. Nonetheless, giving it more attention wouldn't hurt.

Awhile back I ran my own server and it had started out as a games server - you join, play an event such as a hunger games match, then either leave or play another round. It actually generated so much popularity that I eventually turned it into a factions server with games. Unfortunately the one-man admin job was too hard and RL made me shut it down. But I think it'd be an excellent way to attract people.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I also think this is a good plan.

This totally not something I said to multiple moderators many months ago.

Pyrate9999's Avatar Semisalis

I like this plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.