Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

It is a momentary victory, let me assure you. The war is firmly in Austrian hands, despite the horrific loss of life in Italy.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I think the war can go one way or another.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Austria's continued existence is Heresy. I am very disappointed in all of you. Especially at those who let Burgundy transform into France and now apparently self destruct.

Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

You wouldn't have been able to destroy Austria so quit your yapping.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Austria's continued existence is Heresy. I am very disappointed in all of you. Especially at those who let Burgundy transform into France and now apparently self destruct.

Says the man who betrayed his allies and didn't fight Austria.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

SAYS THE MAN WHO ABANDONED EUROPE AND THEN THE GAME
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

It's not my fault that i can't make those games any more D:

Poach's Avatar Civitate

HoI3 WW1 game ended, should've stayed as glorious Spain in this one. D:

You could take over Swiss and expand your African Empire maybe?

Swiss is in a rather good shape, economy is solid, though i took some inflation instead of stability hit at the very end because i cba

This session the Portuguese continued their never ending war with Byzantium over the first spot on the economy list. Byzantium via production, Portugal via trade. We still have a trick waiting to be used, lets hope it's enough to keep Byzantium behind for a good while. One thing is for sure, Portugal probably has the biggest treasury of anyone, rocking nearly 23k ducats before gifting away some of it to the more poor people in this world.

Portugal also is one of, if not the biggest naval power. Before last session started, rumours reached the Portuguese ears of a combined Byzantine/Italian invasion to the British/Portuguese alliance, presumably to challenge us on the seas and in our colonies. Then when Italy got drawn into a war with Austria and Prussia alongside France, Sweden and Russia, Portugal decided this was the ultimate opportunity to pull of a preemptive strike on the Italian navy and thus joined the Austrian side. Two of the Portuguese fleets were send to Europe and a third to South Africa. The African fleet's task was to ensure there could be no naval landings behind the Portuguese lines could be made. With no naval opposition and equal strength on land, a stalemate was established.

The two European fleets were bound to see more action however. When the war broke out, an Italian fleet was spotted near Genoa and was engaged by the Portugese 2nd fleet, while the 1st fleet engaged in combat with an Italian fleet near Venice, denying Austrian access to the island. The Venetian fleet was defeated and retreated. The Genoese fleet however received backup from a third Italian fleet, but were in the end defeated as well after which all three Italian fleets retreated to a Byzantine harbour in Iberia. Protected by the Byzantine government and army, all the Portuguese could do was patrol the Strait of Gibraltar, while the Italian fleets were regaining some strength. The Portuguese fleets found refuge in nearby Spanish harbours, where, in shifts, the fleets could be repaired as well. It was in the Strait of Gibraltar where the most epic naval engagements took place. It was a tight call, with primarily Italian defeats and some Portugues retreats (where the 1st and 2nd navy swapped places) to avoid risking annihilation. Both the Italian fleets and Portuguese fleets were made up of Galleons. Portugal however had a surprise in the making, which had been started on even before the war started, but was not revealed until the situation really called for it.

When in the straight of Gibraltar, the Italians were getting close to damaging the Portuguese fleets to scary low points (around 40% health, though presumably the Italian fleet was just as damaged), the Portuguese 4th fleet set sail from the Caribbean to join the battle in Europe. This fleet was made up of brand new Wargalleons. A type of ship only known to the Portuguese with their superior naval technology. The 4th fleet joined in an ongoing battle, giving the 1st and 2nd fleets made of Galleons a chance to get some fresh air. The 4th fleet had shown no mercy and sank one of the three Italian fleets and forced the other two to permanently retreat into the Byzantine harbour.

Meanwhile the war in Europe was looking good for Austria. Portugal - being mostly unable to engage any enemies on land without walking in the way of Austrian troops and having defeated the Italian navy - decided to step out of the war. In return Portugal would recieve 500 ducats (you can never have too much money), a colony in South Africa which it had gained a core on during the conflict and two Italian colonies on the African West coast, which will be gifted when the war with Austria is over. No huge gains, but that wasn't what we were after: we ensured that the European world now speaks with respect of the Portuguese navy as it has shown what it is capable of, even without help of our British buddy. Lets hope the Italians and Byzantines will never again even think about a war with the two biggest naval powers in this world, so we may live together in peace and instead compete only on the markets.

Spoiler for Map

I just want to state that Byzantium aided both sides in the war and I've never actually considered invading Portugal. In fact, Portugal notably did not even try to extend the war to Byzantium.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

inb4 Portugal and England take over every island on the planet

Oh wait, theres still Japan. I have faith in you Musty! Restore order to Europe. Paint the world red!

I must fail you again, my pretties. I will be gone for summer starting late Friday night and I will be in godforsakenruralarkansas for some time to roleplay 'lumberjack'. The internet which I will have would not be suitable for hosting, so we may have to delay until the Sunday after, but the game must go on!

We could just use Ynen's intern- wait, scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    We could just use Ynen's intern- wait, scratch that.
    My internet sends it's love.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

What is love?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    What is love?
    Burgundy is love, and you rejected it

Burgundy never offered me no love.

Shrek is love.