Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Russia was all too pleased this session to discover that its burgeoning economy of wool and mud huts was the third largest in the world. Larger than any of her rivals to the west, in fact. Including "mighty" Austria, that seems only able to recruit men into its military with promises of IOUs to be issued at a future date, when the state will be able to afford to print them.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure if I was you Poach.
    Don't you have enough enemies yet?

Here's the map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This session went fairly well for Portugal. The game started with being kicked out of the Venetian trade league, something they will surely regret later on as they now will have to compete with Portugal's most excellent traders. Even though our income took a blow from being brutally kicked out of a few centres of trade, Venice's act came too late as I had already established myself as major colonial power during the golden age of trade and generous Inca donations. The entire North-Eastern coast of South America has been claimed by the Portuguese king and our own centre of trade has been established in these new and rich lands. We knew from the very first moment, when our first explorer set sail, that this expedition would be very fruitful.

This was only confirmed when gold was found as soon as the 300th inhabitant of our first American colony arrived. The king was so delighted by this that more conquistadors were send to explore the lands along the coastline. After walking for miles and miles, we encountered the English who had taken the lands from a native central American nation. It was decided to from there on continue marching South, along the coast of a fearsomely big ocean, perhaps even bigger than the ocean near our homelands? It was not long before we found another native tribe, who called themselves the Incas. These mysterious people impressed the Portuguese explorers because even the smallest of children we loaded with golden jewels. Their marvelous buildings and grand pyramids, perhaps even bigger than those in Egypt made the Portuguese stand in awe for a moment. This pride nation has lived here in peace for so long, that they collected mountains of gold, most likely even more gold than in all gold in the Swiss banks combined! So much potential, this nation with the proper education could have been one of the primary world powers. But it was not to be... We killed most of them, enslaved the rest, took their gold and finally killed the remaining few as well.

While the conquistadors were busy exploring the South American continent, our explorers had other plans. They had heard rumours of a Dynasty, far away in the East where the Sun rises. Even though our technology was not great enough to travel such distances, they set sail. Something define must have been protecting them as they sailed around Africa to the Middle East, past India and through Indonesia until a strange fleet was sighted. Who were these people? We had never seen such ships before! They guided us to their harbours to repair our ships and gain some rest. The food was splendid, Sushi for everyone. After a great time, we had to say goodbye to our new friends. We however had made some agreements to let us both profit from our friendship. The Portuguese would get the opportunity capture a base in the nearby area at their costs, giving various bonuses to trade as well as access to a lot of rich local centres of trade which no other European has seen before. In return we would help them develop technologically and religiously. The head of their Dynasty called Minamoto, was so impressed by the God that protected us through this amazing journey, completely unharmed, that he decided to be willing to bring the Christian religion to their glorious nation. Via a long process of converting the local people with the help of armies of Christian monks and here and there some Portuguese subterfuge skills, fully supported by the Minamoto ruler, the nation was converted. Some other Dynasties had to split off to make this happen, but they too will soon see the light, until all of Japan is Christian!

Meanwhile in Europe, there were people who started to have a different believe than Catholic Christianity. These Protestants and later on Reformed follow a different interpretation of the Bible. The Portuguese chose to follow the Reformed path, for the benefit of our colonists and traders. Soon however the country was in civil disorder. People started rioting over the state's religion and wanted to change it back. This however will obviously be ignored until everyone in our country follows the true path of Christianity.

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

That Venice!

I'm one year away from forming Italy and ruling the world.
    Last edited by Cryers-; March 11, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

You mean that nation South of Switzerland?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Swiss glory overshadows anything the Venetians could hope to achieve. It is our duty as their hat.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I finally managed to convert to Catholicism that session. Doing that as Japan is not a fun experience. Rebels are the only way to spread religion properly and they never do what you want (Catholic needs to be the majority religion to do it, that doesn't mean 50%, just more than any other religion; hence why I released those Daimyos). Eventually I figured out the best way to coax them, but it took some learning. Without Pat's help (getting him that province in Malaysia was simply so I could see him and get events to give me a catholic province) I couldn't have done it. The most annoying thing is that Japan gets events to produce LOTS of rebels in Catholic provinces. However, they're generic rebels so they might not even be religious. In a test game I ran in single player I started to Westernise which meant all they ever spawned was Reactionaries, and when I had a regency in the current game I kept getting Pretenders for 12 years. I figured someone would work it out this session though, but I expected it to be sooner than 5 minutes before I actually did it. Not forming Japan was a big giveaway (as you can't convert as a united Japan), plus I figured the Catholic provinces I had would've raised suspicions.

But yes, I planned this from the start. I didn't care if it was the best thing to do (arguably, staying Shinto means you can PU and inherit Ming for instant-cores), I just wanted to pull it off in an MP game. Next session I'll unite Japan properly and provided my heir doesn't decide to go on hunting trips, I might be able to start Westernising.
    Last edited by Musthavename; March 11, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Well then IZob, if you're determined to make an enemy out of me you can make an enemy out of me, just know that my offer stands: You can leave southern France to me, and I'll stay out of your affairs. Fight me for it, and while you might win, you'll never fight Prussia or Austria again without Spain offering them an alliance and entry into the war against you.

Show some strategic sense, man: southern France is not worth losing every other war you ever fight for the rest of the game. You'll struggle against Austria as it is, and with me in the mix even Prussia is too great an enemy for you. You can't fight on two fronts, yet you seem determined to do so.

I have agreements with England and Portugal over America. North Africa isn't worth enough to fight Byzantium and Venice over. I have nothing keeping me from devoting my every move to destroying your ability to do so much as fart in a hostile manner in the direction of another player.
    Last edited by Poach; March 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    fart in a hostile manner in the direction of another player.
    I see what you did there.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I won't be able to host Sunday. I'm on Spring Break and at Austin's house atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    I won't be able to host Sunday. I'm on Spring Break and at Austin's house atm.
    I can do it.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

I'm not holding out much hope of being able to host a 13-person game tonight then... :p

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I'm not holding out much hope of being able to host a 13-person game tonight then... :p
    Have faith musty, even when I fail we can use Hamachi.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Hamachi actually increases the chance of OOS
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

More OOS? Oh gods... Let's just hope my internetz can hold the line tomorrow

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I expect the majority of this session will be played on speed 2 *hint hint*

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I'd rather not run your connection again, Ynen... it spikes and crashes.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

One week break, then?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Mondays are petty long for me. Waking up at 6am and getting to bed around 11pm. I would not mind a break

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    I expect the majority of this session will be played on speed 2 *hint hint*
    I get it now. I thought you were hinting about PvP wars
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    I'd rather not run your connection again, Ynen... it spikes and crashes.

But hey, we could at least try

I suggest we aim to come to a decision before Izob goes to sleep. Frankly I'm fine with a week break.

Edit: I also keep forgetting to ask, but can Pat (or Poach, since I assume he has privileges) please correct the spelling error in the thread title.