Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Austrian dominace in the HRE is only alive because good nations allow it.

Ynen, you must free yourself form Austrian oppression. For the sake of both of us, help me out in this war. Then Venice could make the safe decision to join as well.

And Poach that wasn't very peaceful of you. We have never fought or disputed over claims. Why start now to help the Austrian war machine?
    This oppression is rather rewarding I would say...

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    Why would Ynen leave me when I have helped him out so much? The only dispute we have had is over two provinces that I wanted, and that was resolved in about 30 seconds.
    Mainly because I have not much to say in these matters
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    And Poach that wasn't very peaceful of you. We have never fought or disputed over claims. Why start now to help the Austrian war machine?
    You knew I coveted southern France, yet you took provinces on my doorstep. It was nothing personal: I just saw my chance to achieve an objective I'd made no secret of since day 1.

Mighty Spain Session Three (three, right?)

Many things happened:

1. Spain acquired Navarra and Anjou from France, and Toulouse and something else from Burgundy. France expansion has begun!

2. Spain acquired several new islands in the New World. Soon our first cores will appear there and colonisation of the mainland can also begin.

3. Spain came to terms with being unable to fight Venice+Byzantium with their doomstack galley fleets: galleys are simply too strong in Closed Seas early game to fight. Thus Spain's plans in North Africa were effectively sunk, or so you would have thought. In a move of supreme cunning, Spain capitalised on a Byzantine invasion of the Mamluks to invade for herself, but rather than secure places like Morocco and Algeria, Spain secured Syria and the Levant. Syria was released as a vassal, and Byzantium lost their Holy War CB on the Mamluks. The infamy reduction from releasing Syria removed most of the infamy cost incurred from taking the land in the first place.

Byzantium got very angry at this, and declared war on Spain, losing 2 stability. Spain withdrew immediately, and Byzantium conquered all Spanish land all the way to Mecca, which Spain had conquered before Byzantium attacked. Spain happily surrendered to the peace demands.

2 stability and ~30 infamy later, Byzantium had "won" the fight for Egypt and the Levant, and had a Catholic Syria blobbed in the middle of their realm. Spain thinks that we won that round, really.

This session Portugal:
    - Earned a lot of money;
    - Expanded its existing colonies in Brazil;
    - Helped Spain fighting the Byzantines/Venitians on the seas (though combat never occured), Spain won by ceding worthless land for lots of Byzantine infamy;
    - Defeated Sweden in naval combat as they refused to pay a fair price for Norway (700 ducats), they now paid 500 ducats for it;
    - Climbed multiple spots on the income charts despite Burgundy sending suicidal merchants to Alexandria constantly who get competed away without mercy.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Session 4, no?

3, I think.

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

Venice fought a war of infamy against infamy to lower their infamy!

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

it's session 4.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3whOHc5y9Q
    (Listen to that while reading, the words are very... topical)

91 years after the first self-proclaimed Kaiser laid out his plans to his council, Austria has advanced further than anyone thought possible. With nearly 150,000 troops at his back, drilled to perfection, the Austrian Empire is the dominant power in Europe. In the past 40 years or so, Austria has gone through several radical changes to ensure its survival. The occupation of Baden and Wurttemburg went remarkably well, with both nation-states throwing their weapons down to welcome their Austrian overlords with open arms. Of course, both vassals now live in complete safety against any oppressors and their citizens were given the full rights of Austria, entitling them to live on farms and work the land for the Kaiser.

Something was troubling the Kaiser, however. The Italian people that had been conquered by his grandfather were restless. While open rebellion had not yet broken out, they were clearly not happy with Austrian rule. To prevent any future unrest issues, the Venetian Doge was contacted and the lands were given to a nation which styled itself as having the ability to unite the Italian peoples. This helped the Austrians out immeasurably; no longer did they have to worry about poor quality Italian troops being conscripted into the Imperial Army, a tidy profit of 300 ducats was made for the loss of the lands and the Southern border was secured against the aggressive unifiers of Italy. This was not the only time the Austrians had been involved in Italy, though. The Swiss Army marched into Lombardia way back in 1419 and made the region their own, but the Venetians were angered by this. Despite the Kaiser telling the Swiss he would guarantee them, this one time he would have to fail them. The Venetian army charged into the Swiss mountains without any Austrian troops to resist them, confusing the Swiss and sending their armies into disarray, as they lacked the support of their allies. The Venetians took Lombardia back into what they called "rightfully Italian lands" and as a gift, Croatia, Görz and and Krain were ceded to the Austrian Empire.

With the death of the 3rd Kaiser came the incredible news of the lands united. The Hungarian, Ansbachian, Palatinate and Bavarian nobles felt compelled to join forces fully with the Austrian Empire, consolidating the Empire into a glorious force that stood watch over Central Europe. With a combined force of 100,000 troops, this was quickly raised with the help of 50,000 Bavarian "volunteers" to bolster the ranks. With the loss of the Palatinate as an elector, the Kaiser declared himself an elector of his own Empire, a truly stunning diplomatic move which all other Holy Roman Empire states entirely agreed with. But trouble was brewing in the North. The Failed Crusaders were pushing against the Austrian's borders, angering the Austrians incredibly. For 3 months straight, talks were conducted in neutral ground; Frankfurt, Trier, Paris, Rome were all meeting places for the two opposing powers. Eventually the Crusaders caved in, handing over Wurzburg to the Austrian Crown but the tensions remained high for the rest of the year. It took a wild party in Mainz to reconcile the two leaders.

And now for the war on Burgundy. Many European leaders criticised the Kaiser for this stroke of genius, and the Kaiser would like to take the time to explain his actions in this bi-centennial report. It was noted that the Burgundians were making a grab for the Imperial throne, guaranteeing them a strong military base to recruit from and the infrastructure to maintain those troops for a comparatively low cost. This would have thrown the balance of power in Europe into complete disarray, shifting all power to the West. Moving power to the Burgundians would have destabilised the Spanish bid for Southern France, resulting in a weak Spain and a stronger Burgundy. Austria would be weakened immeasurably, leaving Central Europe open to any power hungry neighbours and the independence of the Swiss would be thrown down the proverbial toilet. Further, the Baltic Crusaders would be at the mercy of the Russians. This simply could not be tolerated, and so information was gathered on the state of the Burgundian armies and a huge force was gathered to be thrown into the French heartland. Spain was notified of the upcoming invasion and they stormed the southern Burgundian lands, annexing them for their own gain. The Austrian armies launched into their favourite type of warfare, storming the citadels of France and looting and pillaging as they went. Their demands were simple: the release of several HRE states and forcing the Burgundians to stop influencing the state of Trier. Russian armies had not learnt their lesson from the previous Russo-Austrian war and have sent 50,000 troops into Eastern Hungary in a bid to stop the war. This will be met on the battlefield and the Russians will be sent running back to their mud huts in the Urals. Only when Burgundy has been prevented from altering the balance of power in Europe can peace be made. Until next time...

Onwards, glorious soldiers of the Reich!
    Last edited by High Chunker Greens; March 04, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

And one wild party it was!

The TO consolidated their power over northern germany, making many german states their vassals and integrating Thuringia and Lithuania. The last polishmen finally gave up their fight for freedom too. This meant an enormous increase of wealth for the TO, who immediatly doubled their armed forces.

In the current conflict between Austria and their enemies the TO does not wish to take part, unless more nations decide to try and stop the righteous war of our most noble allies.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The standard Russian strategy of marching forward until the enemy runs out of bullets will work to even greater effect in this war as the enemy has no bullets. To arms!
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Border Patrol is right, Austria is surely doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    the independence of the Swiss would be thrown down the proverbial toilet.
    Actually we are guaranteed by Burgundy aswell

Portuguese Sailors from China might arrive in Europe in time to bring gunpowder to invent guns. But I'm afraid we might only be just in time to hold the Russians at the Pyrenees.

Kaiser Greens has thought of the unending human wave tactics employed by Russians and has had the glorious idea of employing Scottish Galloglaich infantry against them. It is a tried and tested tactic that will defeat the Russian Behemoth.

We swiss already have cannons, we just don't have an army to use them.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    We swiss already have cannons, we just don't have an army to use them.
    I have guns.

Well, I periodically get events offering me Muskets. Sadly it gives minor bonuses for short time for craploads of money so I never take them.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Seriously though, is nobody else worried about the balance of power if there's only a little half-France to the west of super Austria?

Seriously though, is nobody else worried about the balance of power if there's only a little half-France to the west of super Austria?

That isn't a "half france". Burgundy is more than capable of standing on its own two feet against me; it just hasn't taken the land it needs and decided to make a conflict out of the HRE with me instead of consolidating the land it should have done, by fighting Spain for the remainder of France.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Also many of us are keenly aware of the Byzantium-Russia-Venice super alliance.