Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

If you can, Must. Otherwise I'll do it, but let me know soonish if you can't/don't want to so I can start trying to teach myself how to edit in a PU: never attempted it before.

I shall try and figure out how to edit PU's in. That'll be interesting...
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Got it. There's several stages to doing it properly if anyone is interested:

- Change the history of the second nation so it correctly references the same monarch. [Edit: I believe this bit is actually superfluous, but it was worth doing anyway to be on the safe side.]
    - Change the current monarch of the second nation (which isn't the history, it's buried amongst all the relations to every other nation) to that of the first (this is just in terms of ID numbers).
    - In a giant global diplomacy section near the end of the file, add tag showing the union. This is actually the only bit required to enforce the union, but without the second part the previous monarch will still be alive!

And done. Monarch names match, union is present and the game rolls on happily for at least a few years. The one sole annoyance is all of Aragon's provinces start occupied; but I've removed the war and they all revert to normal after it ticks over a day. I've attached the save. If anyone is really interested in how to do it, then do a file diff (look up WinMerge) on this and the previous save.
    Last edited by Musthavename; February 17, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Have I mentioned that you're brilliant?

Oooh so that was what I was doing wrong XD. I skipped the monarch name thing and was all like 'dafuq'?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Yeah I spent an hour or so trying to do it myself and getting instant crashes until I PM'd Must saying I'm out of my league and need help. I didn't change the monarchs, which I think was the problem: Aragon wanted to have 2 kings so the game died.

Once more it can be concluded that musty is a genius.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Swizterland
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This session Switzerland saw remarkable stability and and a decline in bad events (a comet of course had to make an appearance.), and managed to greatly expand its trade, as it achieved the dream of full free trade sliders. Switzerland began trading in all European COT's but the Novgrodian, for a while having 5 merchants in all of them. Switzerland even managed to be 4th highest income in the world for a short while, and finally re-paid its loan, and perhaps most importantly even created a standing army numbering 6,000 men.

However not everything went so well. The restless people of the canton of Lombardia revolted yet again, only to find themselves defeated by brave and honorary Austrian heroes. However the planned expansion route was blocked as the Venetians, not keeping true to their word, vassalised Genoa thus making Switzerland unable to take Liguria. Furthermore Venice attempted to force Switzerland out of neutrality and into the conflict against it (for some sadistic reasons) by at first warning Switzerland, the neutral nation, thus stopping it from going to all those many many wars it had planned, Venice even sponsored revolts in Lombardia! despite that Swizterland was willing to look away. But then Venice truly went overboard: they banished the Swiss merchants from Venezia.
    Let it now be known, that no matter the circumstances never shall Venetian scum set foot on Swiss soil and defile our great country with their very presence, or breathe our air, for those scum do not deserve it. And any nation allied to the Venetians will not be allowed to enter Swiss soil either. It is a sad day when a neutral nation is forced to take sides.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; February 18, 2013 at 04:03 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Castille Session Two

A New World! New Spain has been created in Mexico, and fortresses dot the land to control the populace.

Footholds across the sea have been acquired: Melilla, Cueta and Tangiers. The Mamluks then flooded over the land and took everything else.

Aragon is under Personal Union.

TO fared remarkably well this session, with only the best of best rulers and glorious events. Poland was gained and pommerania, meissen and salzburg vassalised! Now, the teutons find themselves and war with the Hanseatic League. Their blitzkrieg tactic was met with Prussian steel and even though being outnumbered 2:3 they repelled the invading forces and destoyed almost all: Only 700 lived to tell the tale. These men did only survive because they hid behind allied forces. The war shall continue, and glory shall be had.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can someone post a map? I would love to see how my glorious nation of snowmen fared without my guiding hand. And can I have my inflation reset to zero? It's probably near twenty or so by now
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

*WALL OF TEXT *

Didn't get a map sorry. Maybe a save or map will show up later.

Burgundy started the session with a war of conquest against Luxembourg, vassal of Hansa. Initially everything looked ok as 50k troops of Burgundy crossed the border and the truce with France kept going. However, I did not expect Venice (previous ally of Burgundy) to do a 360 and join the Hansa in their defence. This traitorous move, proved challenging, but not a major concern. Burgundy had to only guard its border with Savoy to block the Italian armies getting into the nation. Once this was in place the war looked brighter. But the enemy had naval control, and so enemy troops had sailed around west Europe and invaded Flanders. Many skirmishes then took place in Northern Burgundy and along the vassal states on the border. As casualties climbed on both sides, Burgundy slowly gained the upper hand. That is when Portugal intervened. What heresy lead Pat to do this I may never know. Portugal posted 10k within the Hansa vassal borders, while at the same time its vassals, Sicily and Brittany, invaded Flanders. More bloody battles followed.

Eventually the pleas for Portugal to leave the war worked. They decided to give a white peace, but only because, as they claim, they were in need else where. By now Burgundy was almost fighting a war from all sides and becoming badly in need of man power to hold the enemy back. So France started their own reconquest to seal the deal as the truce was over.

Burgundy on its own could not fight 3 major nations at once. It was clear the enemy anticipated this war, but also the Italians and Portuguese had other ideas. Perhaps to limit Burgundy expansion? It was very disappointing the Teutonic Order was trusting the Hansa to give up Brandenburg. When Burgundy could have garenteed Brandenburg for them if they had taken part. Fortunately the Hansa war demands for peace were light, which is still puzzling to the King. It was a mercy and it will be hard to repay. Though it will be even harder to decide on what to do with Portugal and Venice.

As Burgundy left one war, the French continued their own. War exhaustion had taken its toll and the treasury was low. Fortunatly clever diplomats of Burgundy made a deal with France that cost the nation little for peace. The war was over but Burgundy was left in ruins.

By this stage the race for the HRE was well over. Austria in its peace, had gained ground and Burgundy could not contend against it. Instead efforts to heal the nation went under-way. Mercenaries were removed, rebels destroyed and advisors changed

Over time, Burgundy noticed Byzantium expansion into the Golden Horde. The inheritance of Poland to the Teutonic Order (a gift from Austria). Castile seemed content in Iberia, but also busy with Muslims to the south and the English kept to themselves.

Word soon spread of new worlds and a place called Japan, yet Burgundy was not concerned with such things. France had started yet another war with Burgundy after the truce was over, but this time Austria was now the HRE and so France was the one to taste defeat. Though it was fortunate, as Austria's armies did not take a major part in the war, their vassals still proved helpful. Burgundy will have to find a way to repay Austria.

Now in the present, war had erupted in the east. It was a war between the TO/Austria against Venice/Hansa and Byzantium. "About time!" said some government officials. "Let our enemies fight amongst themselves". "Then again, we do owe Austria, for supporting us against France". But helping the Teutonic order was questionable. After they abandoned us to fight Venice, Hansa, France and Portugal alone, for a flimsy deal that was never kept by the Hansa. Why should we give the TO this favour? Especially when Ynen gives advice like: "IZob, you should win this war against France". As to suggest, I like to lose wars like an idiot.

For now Burgundy may support Austria where it is needed. Hansa will be dealt with later, this war or the next. But the demands will be light, as a return for their mercy long ago. Venice will not be so lucky. As for the TO, I cannot garentee any support for those people. I would not care if the Hansa defeated the TO to be quite honest. They will learn the value of a Burgundian alliance (which must be pretty cheap because we are already in an alliance anyway ).
    Last edited by IZob; February 17, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

Oh dammit did my AI seriously miss out on the chance to start colonizing hordes?

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Oh dammit did my AI seriously miss out on the chance to start colonizing hordes?
    I'll explain what happened, as a fellow Orthodox leader. I was forced to pay tribute to the Timurids, but not the Golden Horde. Of course, the GH invaded my precious Byzantium with their 80,000 men. They met nothing but slow and agonizing death as my 92% army tradition general and 118% discipline destroyed their armies. Eventually, I destroyed their whole 45,000 army at Silistria (with only 22,000 of my own and their number being reduced drastically by me tearing them to pieces). I then started climbing up and once I had occupied the Crimea, they hit me again with another 70k. This fight was harder, as my manpower was nearly gone, but I again defeated their army in a huge battle and conquered more of that region.

At about this time, Russia formed and the Russian AI and I did some royal marriages and an alliance. I then proceeded to conquer Kaffa, but the GH then decided throw another full 75k at me! So, I destroyed this one in two parts, due to not having manpower and then proceeded to siege and beat back all of their feeble attempts to stop me. I stopped expansion after wrapping around the Black Sea and left all Russian cores for yourself. I even guaranteed the Ukraine to let you conquer them instead of the Teutonic Order getting it.

<3

Best buds for lyfe.

I only wanted kiev! I have a mission for it!

@Izob i had hoped Apple would have had more honour and held their end of the bargain. I was wrong. This led me to the wrong decisions too and for that I apologise to you. We are both in debt to Austria and I hope we can work together for as long as we are bound together and the Hanseatic threat still exists.

Swiss thinks you all should have no mercy on Venice, surely they won't mind, considering they so desire conflict

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Spain gazes lazily at the European conflicts. While Christian brothers sin against each other on the battlefield, glorious Castille crusades against the true enemy in Africa and the New World.

It's a question of how long it is that Venice decides it wants Pisa and Tuscany, because apparently their aggressiveness to me is due to Lombardia, which they said I can take in the first session.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    I only wanted kiev! I have a mission for it!

@Izob i had hoped Apple would have had more honour and held their end of the bargain. I was wrong. This led me to the wrong decisions too and for that I apologise to you. We are both in debt to Austria and I hope we can work together for as long as we are bound together and the Hanseatic threat still exists.
    Apology accepted, thank you.

And be careful, you don't want to anger the Russ