Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Wait for the mid-game Alliance bloc arguments.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Good thing I can't be part of those, being neutral and amazing

Yeah.... That is going to be fun and lolzies
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    I think Apple vassalised Lux using an alliance CB, or Trade league CB. Don't think he had them garenteed them at all.

Needless to say, Hansa belongs over seas.
    I can't hear you over the noise of the mighty German army.

Remember?

And in case you didn't know, I used the trade league CB and then vassalize everything all the time, until I was strong enough to challenge Austria directly and destroy the HRE. It was only after this point that I started annexing stuff.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    I can't hear you over the noise of the mighty German army.

Remember?

And in case you didn't know, I used the trade league CB and then vassalize everything all the time, until I was strong enough to challenge Austria directly and destroy the HRE. It was only after this point that I started annexing stuff.
    Germany? Where dose this nation exist? Last I checked, the HRE was going strong and no one likes Portugal (not entirely relevant but true all the same).

What edits, if any, are being added to the next game and why? Particularly concerning the Aragon crown.

imo it was just very bad luck that Castile became the junior partner of Portugal because their leader and heir died so suddenly. It may not have happend if there was no royal marriage between the two nations and maybe Castille could have gotten a good event instead. As is the randomness of events in game. For that reason, I wouldn't make Aragon a junior partner of Castile.

In perspective, Castile probably was the most unlucky nation that session, but not the only one. If what Dan said is true, then it must have been a very unfortunate series of events to force Dan to disband his entire army, to avoid going into debt (although no doubt, I suspect part of this is to blame by attempting to trade in every CoT at once, which is retarded as Switzerland doesn't even have a port).

Likewise Byzantium has lost most of its Muslim neighbours thus, has had to face off two massive hordes at one (which is hilarious btw).

Dont know if any of you have seen Vijayanagar lately? Maybe that is player error, idk.

There was also a lot of moaning coming for Musty about his leader that wouldn't die(?).
    Last edited by IZob; February 14, 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Mighty Russia must take next session off as the great bear is volunteering at a dog shelter. Is there anyone willing to sub?
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

imo it was just very bad luck that Castile became the junior partner of Portugal because their leader and heir died so suddenly. It may not have happend if there was no royal marriage between the two nations and maybe Castille could have gotten a good event instead. As is the randomness of events in game. For that reason, I wouldn't make Aragon a junior partner of Castile.
    Thing is he continued the war until pat died and he got independance, but for some reason was unable to force a PU on Aragon even though that was the CB in use, that's the reason we're editing that in.
    In perspective, Castile probably was the most unlucky nation that session, but not the only one. If what Dan said is true, then it must have been a very unfortunate series of events to force Dan to disband his entire army, to avoid going into debt (although no doubt, I suspect part of this is to blame by attempting to trade in every CoT at once, which is retarded as Switzerland doesn't even have a port).
    Didn't disband it, but also couldn't afford to increase it, and then rebels spawned on my army
    Not all COTs at once, I started with lubeck and once that had 5 moved on to venezia, then liguria, and finally antwerpen. thing is even once you do get 5 your merchants often get replaced and you have to constantly keep sending them.
    Likewise Byzantium has lost most of its Muslim neighbours thus, has had to face off two massive hordes at one (which is hilarious btw).
    Nothing to edit there, that's something you should keep in mind playing in that area, and rickie didn't say we should edit that or anything so all's good.

There was also a lot of moaning coming for Musty about his leader that wouldn't die(?).
    He shouldn't have too long to wait now

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

I forgot to save just before we quit.

Could someone please upload the final save?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Thing is he continued the war until pat died and he got independance, but for some reason was unable to force a PU on Aragon even though that was the CB in use, that's the reason we're editing that in.
    But that is the condition of the war demand. So long as your family is alive with the royal marriage, you can force the PU. It wouldnt make sense if the PU could be forced to a nation when the senior partner is in a regency council, and it doesn't make sense that a PU can be forced on, when a royal marriage does not exist between the two nations.

Not fair? Tough titties I say (if I may say that ).

I've seen an other MP game, a PU was created early in the game, and then a few years later, the junior nation was inherited. Majority of the players there called it extremely lucky. Poach here is just extremely unlucky.

But .. I'll leave it to the majority to decided on what to do, I rest my case.

It is not a case of being unlucky IZob. If the game had been coded correctly he would have gotten the throne, as that's what the casus belli said. He doesn't get his PU because his heir died, he doesn't get a PU because he got in one himself, he gets a PU because of a bug in the game. Just get over it, it's no more than fair.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

It is not a case of being unlucky IZob. If the game had been coded correctly he would have gotten the throne, as that's what the casus belli said. He doesn't get his PU because his heir died, he doesn't get a PU because he got in one himself, he gets a PU because of a bug in the game. Just get over it, it's no more than fair.
    It's a matter of logic, not a game bug imo

It's a matter of logic, not a game bug imo
    So you find it logic that if Castille is at war with Aragon, with as casus belli that they are after their throne, that when the war is over, Castille can't claim Aragon's throne, while Castille does have a legit monarchy at the time of the peace demand?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Ingame I:

- I am still at war, with the same CB in the war screen ("Claim Throne").
    - Still have the CB ("Claim Throne") listed in my country tab.

Therefore I am in a war to claim their throne, with a valid CB that still exists, and I cannot claim their throne. How is that anything short of a bug? I started the war with that CB, I continue to have that CB, and I cannot enforce the demand that CB is supposed to unlock.

I suspect you're arguing for bad luck because we're now in competition for southern France and you want to set me back.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

So you find it logical that if Castille is at war with Aragon, with as casus belli that they are after their throne, that when the war is over, Castille can't claim Aragon's throne, while Castille does have a legit monarchy at the time of the peace demand?
    In short, yes. The war objectives/purpose matter. The title is irrelevant. Objective was to claim Aragon, which couldn't be completed when the family passed on. It's like, declaring a reconquest, but because of some reason, the province is now controlled by another nation, or the core has been removed (50 years passed by for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Ingame I:

- I am still at war, with the same CB in the war screen ("Claim Throne").
    - Still have the CB ("Claim Throne") listed in my country tab.

Therefore I am in a war to claim their throne, with a valid CB that still exists, and I cannot claim their throne. How is that anything short of a bug? I started the war with that CB, I continue to have that CB, and I cannot enforce the demand that CB is supposed to unlock.

I suspect you're arguing for bad luck because we're now in competition for southern France and you want to set me back.
    My intention is to only have the game played as is.

Your both welcome to talk to the game "experts" or developers to disprove me wrong. ie what happened in the game was an unintended effect.

core can't be removed during war, as it extends the date by 50 years every time there is a war.
    Thing is if you lose the claim during war you CAN still force it. in poachs case that is not so, for whatever reason. had it not have been possible to press the claim anymore the war should have ended, there's no reason for aragon to fight and defend something it can't lose.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Dont know if any of you have seen Vijayanagar lately? Maybe that is player error, idk.
    If you mean the military state, then yes, it was my mistake. I'm in big trouble this next session if I don't manage to limit the damage.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

In short, yes. The war objectives/purpose matter. The title is irrelevant. Objective was to claim Aragon, which couldn't be completed when the family passed on. It's like, declaring a reconquest, but because of some reason, the province is now controlled by another nation, or the core has been removed (50 years passed by for example).
    Not really. The silly precedent is if a country has no heir, you claim their throne and start a war; then even if they get a legitimate heir halfway through the war you can still enforce your war goal. By all rights Poach should've been able to enforce it since the war still had the CB. Him being stuck in a union and not being able to declare war was his bad luck and he's suffered for it.

Speaking of edits, I don't believe there's anything else other than the PU edit. I haven't looked into it but are you guys expecting me to do it?
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I'm crying over it. My early game is devastated by the retardedness of hordes.
    If Poach's old royal line was wiped out then I would say that Izob has a sensible case, but I don't believe that's quite the case. Then again, the PU when someone lacks an heir feature also makes little sense, so let him have it, I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Not really. The silly precedent is if a country has no heir, you claim their throne and start a war; then even if they get a legitimate heir halfway through the war you can still enforce your war goal. By all rights Poach should've been able to enforce it since the war still had the CB. Him being stuck in a union and not being able to declare war was his bad luck and he's suffered for it.

Speaking of edits, I don't believe there's anything else other than the PU edit. I haven't looked into it but are you guys expecting me to do it?
    Just edit the PU and remove the GH and the Timmies.

Just some advice: you may as well annex all of Denmark, if you have to option to. The sound toll is useful for getting an extra 25-30 ducats, when there are merchants trading in Lubeck (it can happen a few times per year). The base tax is the best around in Scandinavia and you need one of the provinces cored, to form Scandinavia. You could wait until you get a random core over the Denmark area, to speed up the transformation to Scandinavia. But no garentee that will happen any time soon.

Also grab Gotland off the TO. I know your both friends and all But that place is valuable to your small economies. Ynen wont need it as much, once he has more of Poland/Lithuania, etc...

Pat that is a nice map.
    Thank you for the advice, we'll see what happens next session
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Thank you for the advice, we'll see what happens next session
    The ceding of gotland is possible after this session. Possibly.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''