Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Austria won the war gloriously with some help from the Teutonic Brethren. Sadly missed my opportunity for a PU on Bohemia and Hungary but I still made a positive start and will continue to expand next session.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    ...that's exactly the resolution I'm using.

On topic: game balance in Europe looks to be interesting, especially since neither Burgundy nor Austria have got off to a great start.
    What?! I think I'm off to an awesome start

Please explain...

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

other then taking savoie from savoy and vassalising nations you have core missions on i'd say you did well

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    other then taking savoie from savoy and vassalising nations you have core missions on i'd say you did well
    I don't know how the Savoy mission works and I personally don't really care that much atm.

I'm sure, the conquest missions still work perfectly fine. As I received the conquest mission for Hinaut, even though they were my vassal. It was then only a simpler matter of, cancelling the vassal and annexing them after.

There is a prestige loss, yes. But I much prefer they are my vassal in the mean time, then being a vassal of another nation.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    I don't know how the Savoy mission works and I personally don't really care that much atm.

I'm sure, the conquest missions still work perfectly fine. As I received the conquest mission for Hinaut, even though they were my vassal. It was then only a simpler matter of, cancelling the vassal and annexing them after.

There is a prestige loss, yes. But I much prefer they are my vassal in the mean time, then being a vassal of another nation.
    It's not a "conquer savoy" mission. It is a "get any land you want in Italy and get cores on all of it" mission. By taking Savoie you already HAVE land in Italy, thus you can't get the mission. Which is why i said vassalise Savoy to later diplo-annex once you have the mission, but noooo.
    You should return Savoie to savoy so that you can get the mission and annex all of Savoy.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; February 13, 2013 at 02:27 AM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

It's not a "conquer savoy" mission. It is a "get any land you want in Italy and get cores on all of it" mission. By taking Savoie you already HAVE land in Italy, thus you can't get the mission. Which is why i said vassalise Savoy to later diplo-annex once you have the mission, but noooo.
    You should return Savoie to savoy so that you can get the mission and annex all of Savoy.
    I didn't want to make them a vassal, it would have cost me infamy! Did you know infamy was bad? Oh wait... that was inflation.

Because vassalising hainaut, trier, holland and brabant cost no infamy

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

What?! I think I'm off to an awesome start

Please explain...
    Vassalising nations you get Conquest missions on, having one of said nations being vassalised by someone else, and France basically being in one piece. Burgundy should have basically annihilated France between 1410-15. If you're lucky it's do-able within a few years where you might even be able to take their throne entirely.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

feel like I am going in circles here.

Did I mention, I was in a regency for a while, can only complete one mission at a time, AND all the AI nations ally together, thus they all have the same truce periods and not the same infamy costs?

It should be pretty obvious why I've left France still alive. Trying to stop Castile? Nnnooooo. I wouldn't do that...

feel like I am going in circles here.

Did I mention, I was in a regency for a while, can only complete one mission at a time, AND all the AI nations ally together, thus they all have the same truce periods and not the same infamy costs?

It should be pretty obvious why I've left France still alive. Trying to stop Castile? Nnnooooo. I wouldn't do that...
    So you prefer to take the infamy for both vassalising them and then annexing them?
    What you should have done is guarantee everything you have a mission on so that no one else can expand there (like apple did by vassalising Luxembourg).

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Dan, not very long ago you were reliant entirely on me to keep your overseas Empire running and in this game you're reliant on Austria to police your one and only conquest. Lay off IZob, he can play his nation however he damn well pleases and you're in no position to look down at him.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

So you prefer to take the infamy for both vassalising them and then annexing them?
    What you should have done is guarantee everything you have a mission on so that no one else can expand there (like apple did by vassalising Luxembourg).
    I think Apple vassalised Lux using an alliance CB, or Trade league CB. Don't think he had them garenteed them at all.

Needless to say, Hansa belongs over seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Dan, not very long ago you were reliant entirely on me to keep your overseas Empire running and in this game you're reliant on Austria to police your one and only conquest. Lay off IZob, he can play his nation however he damn well pleases and you're in no position to look down at him.
    I am not looking down on Izob, I am criticizing his actions to help him do better. It's called constructive criticism and there is quite a difference between that and looking down on him.

Maybe if the game was sightly kinder to me with events I would have a decent army to be able to handle my rebels, but alas a 9k army is not something I can deal with on my own. And you are going over the top here, Austria helped me with 1 revolt and 1 army that came from his own land. I am not playing some major which has lots of money to spare, I am playing the Swiss and all my money goes to sending merchants into COTs, and losing some 100 ducats to events and having 10% less taxes and trade for the first 18 years of the game has not exactly done well to my economy, not to mention constant stab hits, though those are not too bad.

Izob, I am saying YOU should have had them guaranteed, that way Apple would not have invaded Luxembourg. He probably used the trade CB, as I believe alliance CB is against our rules, unless that only applies to players?
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; February 14, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

So much KNAI to Venice.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I am not looking down on Izob, I am criticizing his actions to help him do better. It's called constructive criticism and there is quite a difference between that and looking down on him.

Maybe if the game was sightly kinder to me with events I would have a decent army to be able to handle my rebels, but alas a 9k army is not something I can deal with on my own. And you are going over the top here, Austria helped me with 1 revolt and 1 army that came from his own land. I am not playing some major which has lots of money to spare, I am playing the Swiss and all my money goes to sending merchants into COTs.

Izob, I am saying YOU should have had them guaranteed, that way Apple would not have invaded Luxembourg.
    Even if I did garentee them, the garentee doesn't work when I am at war with them. Luxembourg often supported the local AI's when I was at war, so Apple could have taken that opportunity to vassalise them, without my notice or attempt to stop.

Anyway, its not really a concern of mine.

I think we should all worry about Switzerland instead. Their army, or lack of, is quite troubling. Just so you know Dan, if you become a vassal of Burgundy, I will loan you some money so you can buy troops

Switzerland does not need a large army

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The liberal use of laughing and facepalming smilies indicates your criticism was far more mockery than constructive. If you intend to be constructive in future, avoid smilies that put you across as an arrogant, condescending back-seat driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    The liberal use of laughing and facepalming smilies indicates your criticism was far more mockery than constructive. If you intend to be constructive in future, avoid smilies that put you across as an arrogant, condescending back-seat driver.
    The face-palm was because he ignored everything I said to him and went ahead to take savoie.
    The laughing smiley was because it made no sense to me and I found it funny.
    I apologise to Izob if he took offence in any of that.

While my use of smilies might have not been too good for being constructive, neither is calling someone arrogant over it.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Relax people, it's just a game. A player can play however he chooses to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    Relax people, it's just a game. A player can play however he chooses to play.
    Never mind rex, they do this often. We love eachother though, so no worries ^^
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''