Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Euopa Universalis EU/US Multiplayer

Switzerland - Bunch of inapt rulers 1399- whenever.

Swiss borders throughout most of the session:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mighty Switzerland as its opening moves moved further towards free trade and sent out merchants to Venezia, Liguria, Lubeck and much later also into Antwerpen, and gracefully entered the 15th century. Many a nations who are simple minded and lack the understanding of what neutrality is attempted repeatedly to form an alliance with the mighty Swiss republic, seeing its potential. But of course were all refused. As the Swiss ruler happily gazed at the income of his nation grow he was notified of the presence of smugglers in the nation, with which he was of course unable to deal due to lack of money at the time, so had to accept this great burden on the economy until 1410. However Switzerland was still going to make the year without any financial issues of note, but then luckily that was prevented by an event that lifted the burden of 25 unneeded ducats from Switzerland in the form of a shipwrecked merchant , however Switzerland didn't have the money so the Swiss happily accepted taking a loan, which would of course be of great benefit to the economy, and of course the size of the loan was appropriately made 128 ducats.
    With the economy still doing rather decent drastic means had to be taken, and for that purpose the Danish came to save the poor people of Switzerland from doing well, demanding that Switzerland pays a mere sound-toll. 3 times. Additionally in 1408 it was discovered that there are smugglers in Switzerland! apparently the sneaky bastards managed to get in never being noticed, not even 8 years ago. Oh and also another merchant was Shipwrecked, as the seas of Switzerland and ridden with storms and hurricanes. The ruler was also asked to support relatives abroad, which he refused, not just because of lack of funds but because Switzerland is a republic and no one cares about his family. Of course the people of Switzerland were elated with this and celebrated by lowering stability by 2 points.

Sadly however Austria saved Switzerland from taking more money from people by giving them a gift, and in return Switzerland allowed Austria to pass through their land to get beaten up in Burgundy. However things went simply terribly when an event gave Switzerland completely unneeded 350 ducats, which were quickly spent on Constables who would tax the poor people of Switzerland. Switzerland decided to compensate by more then doubling the population of the country by making an addition to the great Swiss confederation : Lombardia. Sadly this meant war with Bohemia, but all was fine as Bohemia took a last minute turn into Venice, which Switzerland was completely fine with, and eventually white peace was signed.
    The happy populace of Lombardia decided to show gratitude by holding a huge celebration with 9,000 attendants, only to be slaughtered by Austrians mistaking them for rebels.

Swiss hopes that by next session, once the Japanese annex the rest of Europe, Switzerland can continue to be neutral and survive.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; February 10, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

GIVING AUSTRIA MILITARY ACCESS TO FIGHT BURGUNDY IS NOT A SIGN OF NEUTRALITY!!!!

Explain yourself Dan, leader of the "neutral" Switzerland Republic.

I did say I accept money for opening borders. Check my original post =\

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    I did say I accept money for opening borders. Check my original post =\
    And how is that staying neutral?

You didn't give MA to me.

You didn't pay me.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I like this form of neutrality

So, If I pay you enough money, you will give me MA, an alliance, maybe even become a vassal?

No, just military access. read the original post!
    Military access is for limited time too.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    I like this form of neutrality

So, If I pay you enough money, you will give me MA, an alliance, maybe even become a vassal?
    That he's asking for a payment for a service doesn't make him not neutral. He's asking the same price to both of you.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Pat, he has provided Austria military services so that they could better me in war. What if I could not afford this military access? What if this sum of money would cripple my economy into dust, thus giving Austria victory? The fact that I was given no notice of Austria given military access, is a display of biased relations.

And really Pat, your not one to talk about diplomacy, when you enslaved Poach to your throne xD
    Last edited by IZob; February 10, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Glorious Moscow pays no heed to missions. Glorious Moscow shall annex all these upstart Russian backwaters. Moscow shall then inherit the Earth, until he meets Japan in Kazakhstan. Then he shall pay tribute to the horde in exchange for survival.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Pat, he has provided Austria military services so that they could better me in war. What if I could not afford this military access? What if this sum of money would cripple my economy into dust, thus giving Austria victory? The fact that I was given no notice of Austria given military access, is a display of biased relations.

And really Pat, your not one to talk about diplomacy, when you enslaved Poach to your throne xD
    Does it look like Switzerland cares about your economy? whichever side benefits is none of our bother so long as the bills are paid.
    Why need I notify you of every time Austria gets military access? you can easily see that yourself you know.

Border, if you release tver as vassal you should still get the annex tver mission as that needs tver to be ur vassal, and would give you cores.. though i guess there's no point as ur waiting for an annex novgorod mission.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

... anyone take a picture of the map?

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

Venice..

- Gained Verona from Milan.
    - Gained Zeta by annexing Montenegro and vassalized Ragusa during the same war.
    - Aided Burgundy against Austria during the Burgundian war of conquest against Liege.
    - We helped Byzantium reclaim their rightful lands.
    - Built a beautiful fleet to guard Venice against those preying eyes.

Oh, I also tried to annex Pisa but Poach beat me to it..

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Glorious Moscow shall indeed get cores on Tver after it forms mighty Russia. Which would require another province from the Horde. To arms, rebels!
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Byzantium was set to become a real power, until both Hordes decided to do their best to border me and alternate turns warring me. Peace with the Timurids? Oh, the Golden Horde should attack! Why only use part of their armies against me when they can send a force of 45-80k at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Glorious Moscow shall indeed get cores on Tver after it forms mighty Russia. Which would require another province from the Horde. To arms, rebels!
    You need cores to form Russia. That's why I kept raging at you for not following the missions. It will now take you another 50+ years until you can form Russia.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Castille Session One: I got 99 problems and a ragequit was almost one.

The session started excellenly. Aragon accepted a royal marriage and I claimed their throne. Great success! The war went fantastically, with 30k Castillian troops steamrolling through Aragon and sieging everything.

Then the game decided I was doing too well. My heir died, which made my King evidently suicidal with grief, because he died shortly afterwards, putting me in a Junior PU with (player) Portugal. This broke my CB, and even after gaining freedom (I just sat on Aragon waiting) I couldn't force a PU, but due to this bug it'll be savegame edited in.

Portugal wasted no time in acquiring several provinces I had already informed him I would be aiming for early-game, since being under a PU I couldn't get them myself. Serious talks will be had with our smaller neighbour.

Pisa in Italy was acquired following their excommunication: a Castillian Army landed mere days before a Venetian Army intending to do the same thing, and thus the region was secured for Castille.

A short war with France was had: thinking that I could exploit the ongoing war with Burgundy to force something out of France I invaded, causing Burgundy to peace out (pretty sure Burgundy wasn't doing so well because the peace deal he got from France was extremely poor, bet he's glad I gave France a reason to accept peace with him! ) and France to focus on me.

After a short campaign in the Toulouse area my armies were made retreat: numbers were even (~30k each side) but their military drill gave their armies the edge. No armies were destroyed on either side, and I paid them 25 ducats to end the war after the lines settled along the Franco-Aragonese border: neither side wished to attack through mountains.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    A short war with France was had: thinking that I could exploit the ongoing war with Burgundy to force something out of France I invaded, causing Burgundy to peace out (pretty sure Burgundy wasn't doing so well because the peace deal he got from France was extremely poor, bet he's glad I gave France a reason to accept peace with him! ) and France to focus on me.
    Actually El Poacho, what really happened was: The war of French reconquest was in my favour. Burgundy + Vassals + Bohemia. It would have been only a matter of time before I could have made any demands I wanted against France, as their land was slowly being occupied.

But time was part of the problem. See when I saw you declare war, I knew immediately what you were after. It was a race to claim France and my alliance did not have lower France occupied. You were already moving to put them under siege.

I didn't want to give France away to you so easily. So I made France cancel a few vassals, remove some cores. All was good, as their armies and allies return home. They recovered, and then fully focused on the Castillan threat, which later white peace.

I'm all aware of the local exploits. Hansa trade leauge and alliance interventions, collecting vassals. Portugal vassalising Brittany . Switzerland giving MA to Austria. Teutonic Order mercenaries. Austrian ... ehhh being Austrians! I don't know what the English do over the channel. Rarely see them.
    Last edited by IZob; February 11, 2013 at 05:59 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I attacked on the trade refusal CB, not an Intervention: they'd kicked me out of their CoT by embargoing me. My aim was to force them to release Toulouse actually, so that when I conquer Aragon there won't be a land border.

Portugal hereby would like to say that Sicily wasn't a part of Southern Italy on its maps, that would be Naples. The mapmaker has been punished for this error and I assume we'll get to a good agreement with castille.

This session portugal has started establishing trade outposts acros europe. Sicily, Sardinia, Brittany and almost Savoy too have marked the beginning of this.