Thread: Strange traits gain

Default Strange traits gain

So, I’m quite a few campaigns in the game already, and it seems to me that trait gains for generals stationned in cities is behaving very strangely, and almost always in the same way no matter what buildings are actually in the settlement. Here are a few examples of things I always see:

“An eye for beauty” line very easy to gain in almost every city with every faction.
    “Cultured” line very easy to gain in almost every city with every faction.
    “Intelligent” line very easy to gain in almost every city with every faction (from what I recall, it should be one of the hardest to get).
    “Fair ruler” line almost always gained by generals governing cities regardless of tax level or building built (almost got the impression that building anything nets you fair ruler points)… In every factions I’ve played so far, my governors almost all ended up being called “the saint” eventually.

And there are probably a lot more strange things going around, but the gist of it is: when compared to original game, the buildings in this mod seems to be giving a lot of traits they logically shouldn’t (like a governor getting “cultured” to hell in a small goron village with only a mine and a pair of roads). Plus, the patterns seems to repeat themselves: no matter what faction I play and what way I play it, my governors always end up with roughtly the same set of traits.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Strange traits gain

I have had the same issue...

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Strange. . . I get a different-still irregular-pattern.

Rather than be assigned like they should, I seem to get SOME traits at total random. I.E. After ransoming prisoners and freeing prisoners one of my generals got some dread increasing trait. Another general, who had provided reinforcements for that battle but did not participate himself, gained a chivalry trait - Fair in Rule. This was not near any cities.

Now I still get some normally-i.e. it took a few battles, but the same general who had gotten the dread increasing trait gained the correct trait after a while, and lost that dread later. I usually have generals with very high tax rates gain the appropriate perks. Low tax rates as well.

It just seems very. . . random.

Arise, my army!

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

this is the root of the issue with people always earning the title of 'the saint' whenever you keep them stationed in towns. I don't have much of a problem with that per se, but to see characters like Zant or Ganon be regarded as saints is extremely out of character.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    this is the root of the issue with people always earning the title of 'the saint' whenever you keep them stationed in towns. I don't have much of a problem with that per se, but to see characters like Zant or Ganon be regarded as saints is extremely out of character.
    While it is OOC, the campaign is technically supposed to set you loose form the start affecting personalities and history as you see fit as you go on (i agree some REALLY screwed up personalities changes but you get the point). When i bribe away Sages from their factions sometimes it is sort of out of character...(got freaking King Zora as the Gorons like 10-15 turns in, was hilarious lol).
    Last edited by HerofTime; January 27, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

It is nearly impossible to create a dreaded general. If said general sits in a town for even a single turn there is a huge chance they will gain a chivalry trait and lose a dread one.

Playing as the Ikana my general Igos du Ikana was given saint in one turn. WHen I was given him and when i moved him to town. I said him a saint? That couldnt be anymore wrong. I made a new game same thing happened except he got the trait of mad. Im like thats better