Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Ottoman turn lag mod

Default Re: No more Ottoman turn lag mod

For anyone still looking for this mod I apologize as I uninstalled the game and deleted all related files around 2 years ago due to frustration with its awful design and performance. I'm not looking to get back into it as the problems are so numerous and deep that I don't think anyone can really fix it outside of CA.

Foederatus

I know I'm over a year late, but I'm posting this fix just for reference, so people googling possible solutions will find it.

I was getting 15-20 minutes Ottoman turn duration in my current Darthmod campaign playing as Russia. I was able to fix it by trying something that hasn't been mentioned in all the threads I've read.
    Long story short, I just edited one of my last savegames, I removed all funds from the Ottomans (they had over 30,000 cash, no wonder they were spawning units like crazy).
    I figured out that if the Ottomans had no cash, they'd be forced to temporarily dismantle a lot of those micro-armies that caused the lag. Turns out I was right, that solved it!
    The Ottomans didn't lose all armies, they still had huge armies of bowmen and bow cavalry and, after several turns, their treasury was back to 20,000 cash.
    Fortunately, that trick had given me enough time to prepare and send invasion forces to Rumelia and Georgia, so I was able to destroy several major Ottoman armies, getting rid of the lag problem altogether, ^^

Instructions for editing your savegame:

1- Download ESF editor > https://sourceforge.net/projects/esfeditor/

2- Extract it and run it (as administrator)

3- File>Open Savegame (remember that EmpireTW savegames are stored in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games)

4- Once you've opened your selected savegame, navigate to> "save_games\whatever.empire_save\CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\Ottomans|FACTION_ARRAY\Ottomans|FACTION\FACTION_ECONOMICS"

5- When you select "FACTION_ECONOMICS", you'll see a table on the right side. The first value on the "Value" column is the amount of cash the faction has.
    Change that value to whatever number you like, then press enter to apply the change.

6- File>Save-->whatever.empire_save

Next time you load that modified savegame, when you pass turn, the Ottoman Empire will be forced to dismantle a lot of extra units, you'll notice how the lag goes away.

Hope this also works for you!

I'm going to try this. I just think that it would be more pratical if negative values were accepted.

EDIT: It didn't work, but I figured out a new, helpful solution. Check it here
    Last edited by divilly; February 24, 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Libertus

I had played the mod again after a long time and of course promptly had the Ottoman Turn Lag. By round 20, the ki turns were getting longer and longer. After that I started looking for a solution.

I don't know if anyone is still interested, but the solution to this bug is actually here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    You do not have to double the cost of units, all you have to do is change two lines in the AI Personality Junctions tables: Basic_Spending_Bias. Raise the construction bias and lower the army recruitment bias and balance them to be even. The original setting had the Ottomans spend most of their money on armies-that is why you have army spam.
    Unfortunately, the description is a bit vague and completely useless for people without TW modding experience. Hence an attempt at a guide from me.

The exact procedure is as follows:
    -Opens the file "DME_darthmod.pack" in your game directory with the PackFileManager.

- Go to \db\campaign_ai_personality_junctions_tables\Darth_campaign_ai_personality_junctions directory

- there you change in line 544 "non_euro BASIC_SPENDING_BIAS_CONSTRUCTION" the value from 0.2 to 0.4 .
    - and in line 548 "non_euro BASIC_SPENDING_BIAS_RECRUITMENT_ARMY" the value from 0.6 also to 0.4

- change in line 541 "new_age BASIC_SPENDING_BIAS_CONSTRUCTION" the value from 0.25 to 0.35
    - and in line 537 "new_age BASIC_SPENDING_BIAS_RECRUITMENT_ARMY" the value from 0.5 to 0.4

Now save the whole thing and you're done.

I didn't know if the ottomans were non_euro or new_age, so I changed both.

I then played a test campaign and am now at round 70 without the bug.
    Sorry for my bad english im german

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

So... you reduced the spending of the non-Euros towards building instead of armies.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So... you reduced the spending of the non-Euros towards building instead of armies.
    Exactly, and it works fine.
    Sorry for my bad english im german

Thank you, I will try it in a new campaign. In a current campaign the Ottomans turn still take forever.

is there anyway i can just download the modded fix? i never touched modding in this game

where is the file ?

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by juan carlos lopez gonzalez View Post
    where is the file ?
    Welcome to the forums!
    There doesnt seem to be a file as such, however there does seem to be work arounds throughout the thread, which require some knowledge of modding?
    But it is quite easy to do.
    Hope this helps?

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

I have been doing some mod from time to time. I notice when there is a bug or not. Basically the armies got to go somewhere and it does when it defeats Georgia then cross into Russia.

So I modded the startpos diplomacy between Georgia and Ottoman - relationship from neutral to war.

Ottoman already starts the game at war with Russia and making it start at war with Georgia, the armies on the east side fights Russia and armies on the west side, cause of lag, fights Georgia. When it takes over Georgia, it continues to attack Russia. No more mass of armies hanging around and no lag bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12