Thread: Unit Size Mishap

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default Unit Size Mishap

Apologies if this has been asked before; I did do a quick search though I don't think anyone has had a similar issue, from what I could see.

I have fallen in love with this modification, playing both DM and TGW, and liking this the most by far. The unit sizes that I had from the start of the game were huge, larger than even the DM unit sizes, which was great for me. That is, until I went into options, to change a few graphic settings around. In options, it said that unit size was on "small", or whatever the smallest size is. Well, I thought to myself "if a Russian line unit on small has 470, I can only imagine what an ultra is", so I changed it. Well, that must have reversed something, as unit sizes went down to about 80-100 men each. I attempt to revert back to small, but the sizes are still much smaller than what I have experienced.

Essentially, all I want is a reset. I have no campaign on the line, or any business like that. Is it possible for me to simply uninstall the game, and then reinstall it? Any past situations like this?

I appreciate the time!

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Unit Size Mishap

EDIT: Found a tutorial, and fixed it myself! Thanks though!

Cheers.
    Last edited by ♔The Lizard King♔; January 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Could you post the link on where you found it? Could be helpful to others, such as myself.

Icon2 Re: Unit Size Mishap. Read this if you have problems with unit sizes after playing DMN

This is a problem you will encounter after you have installed DMN on your PC.

DMN installer edit's your preferences.script.txt file without reverting back to the original one after uninstalling. Wrong modding behaviour if you ask me

You will find the preferences.script.txt located in the following folder (co-located with the user.script file): C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts (Win7/Win8).

Open/edit the file with Notepad or Notepad++.

Locate line#9 with the following text:
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #

Change the floating point (in this case represented by 1) back to 1 from whatever value it currently is.

Save the file and you are good to go

Can you pls tell me where this tutorial is located?

Default Re: Unit Size Mishap. Read this if you have problems with unit sizes after playing DMN

Lutland, great mod by the way. I have two questions, fist is how do I make the armies smaller? Line infantry is at 210, and I would like to make it a bit less. Also the game keeps crushing, usually when I scroll down or sideways in the map fast. It says something like error encountered. Can you shine some light on this pls?

Sorry for playing necromancer, but Lutlands suggestion doesen't seem to help me, the floating point is exactly 1, i can't change anything as it appears to be right, still i get the wrong Unit Sizes. Help?