Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1687

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v1.2.4 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    It is Angmar, and they do not have gundabad either, for they are not mountain orcs
    Mine was a only suggestion. According to me if Gundabad orcs have Dain's Halls rather than ootmm, campaign can be more balanced. That's all.

Civis

1. Every settlement should have different sight of view. Settlements wich are on high ground or have big tower should work like a better watchtower as well. Higher tower/ground, and higher settlement fundation ground, better watchtowers. Smaller settlement fundation ground small sight of view, what can change a little bit by the fortification level, giving different sight of view for the different fortification level and always a little bit bigger for the castles, if the castle/wall will be higher building in the upgrade. If the orcs towns will not have any kind of towers on their walls then they should have smaller line of sight, even after the upgrades. These line of sights bonuses given by a buildings musnt be accumulated. Always the higher win, but the fundation ground should be add to this number by deafault.

2. The Carrock at the Beorens should be a very good watchtower as well, like the tower of Elostirion in the Tower Hills.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will the "green book" descriptions be updated also?

I have put my hand to a few of the 'green book' descriptions alongside Firefreak and many have been updated.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

What is that green book?

Is there any way i can help in this mod?

Unfortunately im not a great modder, only a great fan of total war and LotR. I only capable of making simple, few line long scripts, but understand the game mechanics broadly, and can help also with texts or images.

And i have much time now, because im on summer holyday. If i can do anything, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    What is that green book?
    It is the 'Atlas of Middle-Earth' there is one in every single settlement. They just give you some background information on the region they are in. Some are duplicated as they are all individual buildings so it drains the building limit if there is one for every single region. However most have their own one.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Ooooh yeah i have the Atlas.

I've played a couple of campaigns on this map now and its an absolute thing of beauty. Its the best improvement to this game I've seen yet! However, I do have a few "biffs" with some of the settlement sizes.

1. Durthang and Cirith Ungol as Citadels - this doesn't feel right to me... It really negates the importance of Minas Morgul (and even the Morannon) when you have 2 Citadels behind these key Fortresses.
    2. Fennas Drunin as a Huge City. Lorewise, the angle was a "hideout" for the Dunedain of the North - not a military training and/or trade center. More importantly, it becomes arguably the most vital settlement in Eriador, and one that is very hard for the FPOE to hold since they have no adjacent settlements. In my campaigns, it has become the decider of all campaigns between FPOE and Gundabad - whichever one is able to hold Fennas Drunin wins. I'd rather that war hinge more around Athilin, Fornost, Amon Sul.
    3. Amon Sul as a Village. An Amon Sul "nerf" was certainly needed with Fennas Drunin being a Huge City, but I miss that being one of the Dunedain centers for the FPOE. My biggest gripe is that once it is upgraded from Village to Town, the custom settlement is replaced on the campaign map
    4. Iron Hills as a Huge City. Having the Iron Hills as a Huge City "cheapens" Erebor and really makes the Dwarves strong against the Rhun. This is not such a bad thing, but I just don't like the idea that the Iron Hills are as valuable as Erebor.
    5. Goblin Town as a Huge City. I am torn on this one, giving the OOTMM two Huge Cities really powers them up. This map makes the OOTMM the toughest they've ever been, which is a lot of fun but lore wise I'm torn... It always seemed to me that Moria and Gundabad were the major "power centers" in the Misty Mountains. I'm not so sure I'm for Goblin Town rising to that level - especially after it gets "sacked" (for lack of a better term) by 13 Dwarves, a Hobbit, and Gandalf. I do certainly appreciate the increased toughness of the OOTMM though.

The SilvanElve NL's Avatar Civis

Can someone send me a download link? Mediafire doesnt seem to work for me

nvm

Civis

Duke of Metz +1

Lot of settlements should be restricted to being only a large town or minor city or just a town, or a village, different settlements different restriction, but all of them should have a restrection, this would made the important big key settlement really important.

And as I said every settlement should have different sight of view, depending on the high ground and the highest building/tower in that settlement.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

I return now, at the turn of the tide.

I have some news I would like to announce .

- MOS 1.6 will (very likely, no pitchforks if this doesnt happen please) use the DaC map.
    - Green Book overhaul, for the descriptions of the various regions. Mainly for the new regions, so that they get a proper explanation.
    - Fennas Drunin as a town.
    - Minor script fixes and changes, using a new money script (better then vanilla), fixed citadel/huge_city icons (bug from vanilla where they all show as 'Gondor' due to Osgiliath upgrade workaround, using a new method to fix this issue)
    - Small pathfinding fixes along the Gwathlo.
    - Many small fixes throughout the map with editing of descr_strat.

This will be 1.2.5, until the Unofficial Patch 3.3 comes out, which will result in 1.3, and the likely 1.3.1+

@Duke of Metz
    Weathertop upgrade is a bug, The Angle was temporary. Custom Settlements cant be anything but a large_city+ or fortress+ or the player can just upgrade the settlement and it will loose all data about being a custom settlement (just a generic settlement).

@Flame_Of_Anor
    There isn't really anything to help with for this map, but for Divide and Conquer, there is a future beta to look forward to, people testing the mod and finding bugs (and people who know why these bugs happen) will be very useful.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; July 23, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

Civis

I hope MOS 1.6 will be used the 1.3 DAC map, it would be awesome!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please include the hobbit village models too...

Yes....MOS with DaC....then I find Third Age Total War complete I hope this is possible!

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

I thought the vanilla map is the best ever - but this one is one step forward again ^^

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

sry double post
    Last edited by Nergor; July 23, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Cytek's Avatar Libertus

Hello once more I have been offline here dua to new update date Thanks for the Notepad++, all scripts and changes can be made by me now without crashing the game!

I would like to ask 1 thing more... will there be any new update or patch release? I will want to start playing the 1.2.4v in the next weeks, but I have heard about a few problems and designe changes to come. It can be a stupid and rude question, but would you give me any info when would you like to add 1.2.5 version ?)

If the date wouldn't be so close just leave a post here I could w8 the 1-2 weeks until the next release, but it will takes more... I will just start to play after a few days Thank you in advance! )

Quote Originally Posted by Cytek View Post
    Hello once more I have been offline here dua to new update date Thanks for the Notepad++, all scripts and changes can be made by me now without crashing the game!

I would like to ask 1 thing more... will there be any new update or patch release? I will want to start playing the 1.2.4v in the next weeks, but I have heard about a few problems and designe changes to come. It can be a stupid and rude question, but would you give me any info when would you like to add 1.2.5 version ?)

If the date wouldn't be so close just leave a post here I could w8 the 1-2 weeks until the next release, but it will takes more... I will just start to play after a few days Thank you in advance! )
    The only thing that I know is that they are going to make the DaC map in MOS 1.6