Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Patch 3 for the 3.2 Beta, first post!)

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    Tol Fuin Harbour, with a population of 13 people

@SandraDevilGirl
    So.... would this preview make you feel better? Mordor is mainly castles because it was a fortified land. Orc Camp is a special place, but the rest are castles to guard his land, his tower and Mount Doom...

@All
    For Cair Andros, once again the settlements creator said it has major deployment issues, along with other issues. I will see if it is caused by my map (by making sure I am 100% synced with vanilla) but Cair Andros is a bugged settlement.
    Woho :-D Is there a reason for only 13 population on Tol Fuin?

Cool to see Isenmouthe there. Understand the reason why there is 10 castles there. Would make Mordor a harder place to invade, as long as orcs keeps at least some units at Minas Morgul (good that you have the garrison script). I just manage to siege Minas Morgul yesterday and whats sad is that even thought they had a full stack army in Minas Morgul they didn't counter attack me. No additional army came from the back to save this KEY settlement, I could just siege it until it gave up. They did give a fight at the last turn but then their army was reduced by 50%. If they only attacked when I siege, I would probably lose.

About Cair Andros, never seen this strange deployment issue on the vanilla map. Main issue in this settlement is space (since you can't play Jesus and walk on the water) and the common problem with that the enemy runs away in the start of the battle with no place to run to.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 12, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Patch 4 for the 3.2 Beta, first post!)

Tol Fuin was basically deserted. I wrote a description for the Western Isles, would explain alot:

The Western Isles
    The land of Beleriand had tall heights and rising terrains that survived the sinking of the continent at the close of the First Age. Tol Fuin is the largest of the remnants, which includes the island of Himling. Other isles exist further west, though they now pass out of memory. Some of these islands were famous for the perils that once existed in their lands, and the some of these horrors still remain into the Third Age. The population of the harbour of Tol Fuin is nearly gone, only a few remain to protect the port and the Elven claim on it.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Patch 4 for the 3.2 Beta, first post!)

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Devote your will, power and strength to the AI problem, do not sleep nor eat before this problem is for-filled.....which will results on access to 100 virgins in heaven!
    I am afraid I have no knowledge of how to tweak the ai. Moving units and adjusting stats and money is where my knowledge lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I am afraid I have no knowledge of how to tweak the ai. Moving units and adjusting stats and money is where my knowledge lies.
    Well, thats a good start to start learning to tweak the AI

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Well, thats a good start to start learning to tweak the AI
    Hahaha! It has been a great start and there are many things I have learnt to change but I am not really fussed if the ai is a bit stupid. Have you ever thought of learning how?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Hahaha! It has been a great start and there are many things I have learnt to change but I am not really fussed if the ai is a bit stupid. Have you ever thought of learning how?
    I made a thread on Mod Workshop, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Attack-Problem! so Im slowly getting there.

Good news for Cair Andros lovers, it's deployment is now fixed up, it uses vanilla terrain around the settlement, any further issues in AI or deployment there will be vanilla problems. Patch 5 will come along soon. I have focused on fixing up the Anduin, fixing up texture stretching in areas like Tol Brandir (the lake at the Argonath), fixing up the river at Osgiliath and finally improving the way the Anduin just south of the Carrock is presented, with better terrain there.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; March 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

Libertus

FireFreak111
    very cool balance map + AI ..... vanila AI ?

Good news for Cair Andros lovers
    Haha, one step in the right direction What I dont get is that you say its a vanilla problem that the island is to small (the enemy runs away in all settlements so thats a vanilla problem) but you have spend hundreds of time to alter the map, why not try and make the island little larger so that the enemy can run to safety? Maybe make the river little narrower so you can expand the island.

Personally, I would just have removed this settlements unit it was fixed. Thats how much I hate this bug... I would have removed the Osgilaith also due to the attack bug but thats would been like removing sauron from the game (suckes that he spawns as three units)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 13, 2013 at 06:17 AM.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i think the entirety of the cair andros battle map is coded for in it' custom settlement description the only think FF changed was the terrain so that you get on that island instead of the opposite shore ,

im sure FF or the creator would have fixed it by now if it was easy afaik

Then remove Cair Andors and just have a normal castle there with a larger island?

I want Cair Andros !
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

I want Cair Andros myself but not with that bug!! 500 militia archers can take out 5000 orc without lossing a single unit is not fun.... And since Cair Andros is such a crucial chock point...its important that this settlement works in the Gondor/Mordor campaigns.

Reason I haven't touched a settlement yet (specifically Cair Andros):
    1. I don't have permission.
    2. I have talked to the creator, there are plans for Cair Andros.
    3. I don't know how. It's not that easy...
    4. It isn't my field. This is a campaign map. Cair Andros has issues, but that is because of the custom settlement, no longer because of my map.

Removing the settlement will not happen. Period. Just will not happen. I have told you how to do it multiple times (delete the Cair Andros folder in data/settlements/Unique_settlements/), but it will not be removed via this campaign map.

If I delete Cair Andros I get CTD :-)

Forgot the file you need to change to remove Cair Andros as a custom settlement safely (dont have to delete the folder this way). Go to descr_strat, search for Cair-Andros and replace its entry with this:
    (If you want to remove the Cair Andros custom settlement only)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    settlement castle
    {
    	level large_town
    	region Cair-Andros_Province

year_founded 0
    	population 925
    	plan_set default_set
    	faction_creator sicily
    	building
    	{
    		type hinterland_info_building8 info_Cair-Andros
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type core_castle_building castle
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type castle_barracks mustering_hall
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type castle_smith c_leather_tanner
    	}
    }

Then run the Run after install.bat file.

Then run the Run after install.bat file.
    What if I dont wanna run the run after the run? Do I need to run the run after the run or before the run? (Im being evil now)

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

so your just making it a castle instead of a fortress and setting it's faction creator to gondor ?

Well, the hole idea about removing Cair Andros settlement was to be able to edit the island to make it bigger. I think its because of the map itself Cair Andros is buggy, because the reason its buggy is because the enemy runs to a "safe" place when your army is larger than 50% of the enemy army (god you must be tired of that sentence now). They do this on EVERY settlement as you attack them but because of the limited space island on Cair Andros, they get stuck at the edge of the island. Maybe the computer wants the army to be placed on the other side of the river and every units just gathers on the edge of the island creating a massive circle of death and the reason they dont fight back is that they are not finished with their move. If I want to have an epic fight at cair andros, I cant have more then 10 units in Cair Andros,and they cant be elite as that will increase the power of my army. But again, if they attack me with full strenght army like trolls, mumakil and uruks I need to have a stronger army than just 50% of their army.

If the enemy attack me, they will siege me until me army is reduced to 50% of their size (there you have it again) and the attack but often the city surrenders before you get that far. If you counter attack, you just slaughter the hole army without loosing any units. So either loose all or will all, nothing between.

Its very sad to see this problem as the fun just goes away as gondor with W/E Osgiliath and Cair Andros. Key chock points....

Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to be a jeck (whats the women form for jeck, **********?), just trying to help
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

The point is, this problem isn't a campaign map problem. It is not in the scope of this mod. That is all I am trying to say. I am experimenting with ways to fix Battle AI, but that once again is in the scope of DaC, not the campaign map for vanilla release. Cair Andros is a bugged settlement, that is for the creator to fix.

Patch 5 very soon, the island just south of the Carrock and river crossing there is now walk-able meaning you can have battles there. I have made the crossings there more important now, so less random crossings at that part of the river. The Argonath lake will have far less triangle glitching, only some minor glitching on Tol Brandir. Don't know why it happens. Also the Dorwinion river wasn't merging into the Celduin properly, would have caused messed-up battle-map behavior there.

Basically another polish release, fixing the last of the glitches in the campaign map.