Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP (Massive Campaign Map Preview added, first post!)

Lol True dat. The question is which rivers could?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP

loving the amount of work going into making the map better keep up the good work

.. i wouldn't wanna be FireFreak111 right no though ... it's only a matter of time before looking at mountain textures makes him nauseous

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    Also, who would really want Imladris (Rivendell) and it's river to be in a valley like it should be? Would it be worth it?
    would i want Imladris to be a river in a valley yeah it could be cool , would it be worth it ... probably not.

you have already given yourself alot of work i'd say give it an attempt and if it's not progressing quickly just leave it... then you can come back to it later if you feel like it or much more likely if it's still annoying you..

anyway keep up the great work

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP (Massive Campaign Map Preview added, first post!)

One other thing that came to me... could Umbar's settlements' names be in Adunaic... showing the strong presense of the Numenoreans in those parts early in the third age???
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    Lol True dat. The question is which rivers could?
    Judging strictly by the map, any river as bold as the Greyflood (tharbad being able to hold ships in its port). So...most of the Brandywine and Lune, the Anduin up to the Carrock or beyond (because it works aesthetically in game), the Celduin, Isen...and possibly the river in Forlindon too.

@knight of meh
    Well, soon I will split up the monogamy of mountain textures by, unlike vanilla, using the High Mountains ground types instead of the Alpine climate to make the peaks use the frosty textures. Unfortunately that is once I sculpt the mountains God help me....

@Aromez
    That is a good idea, I was thinking of AoR names, Rohan, Gondor, etc in English, Dunedain settlements with their true names (Amon Sul, etc) and then Breeland settlements in plain English.

@Gr1m_4c3
    Making the Brandywine sailable into Lake Nenuial is an interesting idea, but would it be right? IMO it wouldn't work, as then you wouldn't have things like the Brandywine Bridge, and less terrain to use. The Lune should have it's initial eastward section sailable, but then not. The Celduin is sailable, the Isen wouldn't be, it isn't a massive river.

I will make the valley of Rivendell soon, ideas or good maps, pictures etc of the valley would be appreciated

I'm just going off the map, so yeah...probably a lot of discrepencies, but i can at least see the mouths of the rivers that empty out into the sea being somewhat sailable. Dunnow how that's look aesthetically, but they all definately broaden at the mouths.

Here is some WIP mountains, blobbyness reduced, but still not perfected.

Mountains of Shadow

Misty Mountains refined (needs MOARRR!!! )

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

MOARRR!!!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

I thought Lorien had way more trees first? what happened ?

Needs allot MOOOAARRRRR!!!

Oooooh Gaaaaawd! Even these images make my fingers itch!

I have a quote from The Lord of the Rings that affects climate. But take too much copy and not put in spoiler in this forum hehe.
    So if you tell me where is the button I can write the quote.
    It says that snow is rare in the Shire, except in Northfarthing, and I understand of the same quote in Eregion either.
    Last edited by Drorin; January 25, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Use the balise [spoiler]
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; January 25, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Company set out again with good speed at first; but soon their way became steep and
    difficult. The twisting and climbing road had in many places almost disappeared, and was blocked
    with many fallen stones. The night grew deadly dark under great clouds. A bitter wind swirled
    among the rocks. By midnight they had climbed to the knees of the great mountains. The narrow
    path now wound under a sheer wall of cliffs to the left, above which the grim flanks of Caradhras
    towered up invisible in the gloom; on the right was a gulf of darkness where the land fell suddenly
    into a deep ravine.
    Laboriously they climbed a sharp slope and halted for a moment at the top. Frodo felt a soft
    touch on his face. He put out his arm and saw the dim white flakes of snow settling on his sleeve.
    They went on. But before long the snow was falling fast, filling all the air, and swirling into
    Frodo's eyes. The dark bent shapes of Gandalf and Aragorn only a pace or two ahead could hardly
    be seen.
    'I don't like this at all,' panted Sam just behind. 'Snow's all right on a fine morning, but I like to
    be in bed while it's falling. I wish this lot would go off to Hobbiton! Folk might welcome it there.'
    Except on the high moors of the Northfarthing a heavy fall was rare in the Shire
    , and was regarded
    as a pleasant event and a chance for fun. No living hobbit (save Bilbo) could remember the Fell
    Winter of 1311, when the white wolves invaded the Shire over the frozen Brandywine.
    Gandalf halted. Snow was thick on his hood and shoulders; it was already ankle-deep about his
    boots.
    "This is what I feared,' he said. `What do you say now, Aragorn?'
    'That I feared it too,' Aragorn answered, `but less than other things. I knew the risk of snow,
    though it seldom falls heavily so far south, save high up in the mountains.
    But we are not high yet;
    we are still far down, where the paths are usually open all the winter.'
    'I wonder if this is a contrivance of the Enemy,' said Boromir. "They say in my land that he can
    govern the storms in the Mountains of Shadow that stand upon the borders of Mordor. He has
    strange powers and many allies.'
    'His arm has grown long indeed,' said Gimli, `if he can draw snow down from the North to
    trouble us here three hundred leagues away.'
    'His arm has grown long,' said Gandalf.

In red the reasons for what I said earlier.

PD: Thanks Arandir Tur-Anion!!

Very interesting quote, matches up with this which I seem to have misunderstood:

Where it states mild winter, so in turn I have improved climates significantly.

Also, here's some recent work on heights, adding the main levels of variation (still needs a whole lot more, which needs more maps (MERP will be useful here ))

Will add a version of this later on to the main post, needs a bit more work.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; January 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

How are you going to make sure Sauron isn't seen? Make the snow in the far North impassable (which it would be realistic)?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Yeah like Forodwaith will be impassable just like Vanilla. I wonder if there is any good height information for Forodwaith......

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Sauron faction is removed FYI.

this submod gonna be so great

Behold, the valley of Imladris:

A real pain to make. Feedback and even corrections (which I am sort of expecting ) are welcome.

Also, here is some the recent work on the Heightmap, and rivers (many more rivers implemented), as well as forests and the major swamps. I still have alot more to do

Heightmap alone:

Last edited by FireFreak111; January 27, 2013 at 05:55 AM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5