Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (First Beta for 3.2, first post!)

Normal E. Osgiliath siege. Enemy Runs away and just sitting there at the edge of the map for my archers to take them out.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (First Beta for 3.2, first post!)

I have zero knowledge of custom settlements, and I understand when you sally, they always run to the edge and their is nothing you can do but the problem I had with Cair Andros was that when I besieged it and they sallied out, my army started on the mainland right on the edge of the map and so I couldn't actually get to the fortress. Surely that could be easily fixed if the water was made passable? Such as the (hilarious) way units walk between e and w osgiliath on the battle map?

EDIT: @Sandra, The enemy does that on any map, it is only that on this map the edges are very close to the walls. If the edges were close to the walls on a standard settlement, you could do the same. That is the AI for you.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 06, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I have zero knowledge of custom settlements, and I understand when you sally, they always run to the edge and their is nothing you can do but the problem I had with Cair Andros was that when I besieged it and they sallied out, my army started on the mainland right on the edge of the map and so I couldn't actually get to the fortress. Surely that could be easily fixed if the water was made passable? Such as the (hilarious) way units walk between e and w osgiliath on the battle map?
    What does sally mean? Counter-attack?

Yeah, making the water passable around Cair Andros would fix 50% of the frustration, then the enemy would just run away like they do in EVERY siege-battle you counter. But making the Island bigger would also help IMO and just giving it a castle instead of the custom settlement.

Anyway, you still have the problem when you attack from the Gondor-side that your army get stuck at the edge of the map without be able to move.

These two choke points being damange really hurts the joy in the gondor/mordor campaign. I always wanted epic battles here where the cities switches ownership often, having epic battles in the middle of the narrow streets...
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 06, 2013 at 05:44 AM.

I've only had two problems with the map. Not sure if they have been mentioned yet.
    Double road/mines in isengard (so i changed the buildings in descr strat to the castle equivalents)
    Not able to build mines in Moria(The Moria iron supply was in the wrong place, changed it to 190,225 to be in borderws)

Its all working great so far. Absolutely brilliant job!

Quote Originally Posted by XSaurus View Post
    I've only had two problems with the map. Not sure if they have been mentioned yet.
    Double road/mines in isengard (so i changed the buildings in descr strat to the castle equivalents)
    Not able to build mines in Moria(The Moria iron supply was in the wrong place, changed it to 190,225 to be in borderws)

Its all working great so far. Absolutely brilliant job!
    Same thing for Palargir, double roads Angree with you, brilliant job!

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Lol. I just did a tweak to the heightmap, and the AI works fine in Osgiliath now. My fail, sorry for making you feel insane SandraDevilGirl . Here's some screens of orcs rushing into East-Osgiliath. Will assemble a hotfix. Cair-Andros may be unfixable, I have heard reports of dead attacker AI there from vanilla too.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Update, Patch 1 download link on first post. Merge it's Data folder with your Data folder inside your Third Age 3 folder. Fixes Osgiliath, Double Roads, Moria mines, Eriador shire border for AI, Rhun river in the west for AI and Imladris terrain. Any further issues please report
    Last edited by FireFreak111; March 06, 2013 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    Lol. I just did a tweak to the heightmap, and the AI works fine in Osgiliath now. My fail, sorry for making you feel insane SandraDevilGirl .
    Lets put your work to the test btw, did you attack the AI or did the AI attack you?

I know Cair Andros cant be fixed as it is now. Thats why I ask if its possible to remove that custom settlements and replace it with a castle? And is it possible to tweak Cair Andros island and make it possible to cross the water?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Patch 1 for the 3.2 Beta, first post!)

I will work out something with Cair Andros tommorow, verify its using 100% vanilla terrain (which may have crossable water, but likely wont be possible due to how the engine works and how it would be impossible to get rivers there), but the custom settlement will remain. Remember, you can make it use a default northern_european castle if you just delete the Cair-Andros folder, it will change the terrain to fit it too.

I tested Osgiliath by being attacked by the AI.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Patch 1 for the 3.2 Beta, first post!)

There seems to be a name problem. Adopted a general on the 2nd turn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	862.2 KB 
ID:	269864
    My Lorien doesn't look the same as yours for some reason.

Name:	0003.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	269865

Btw, without new patch.

EDIT: now with new patch.
    Some wierd things happening

Name:	0007.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	269872

Culture building seems to have wrong building card (also not quite sure if the message icon on the left should look like that)
    Then there aren't regurlar roads but are some kind of highways (the other green book) and roads are still buildable. I also noticed that I can build two different barrackses of different level in this town and also its current barracks has northmen ui.
    I hope it helps
    Last edited by Araval; March 06, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Can someone tell me how to EXACTLY install this submod? I don't get any of the new factions. Nowhere is the Divide and Conquer submod mentioned in the game. I do get the new campaign map.

Currently it looks like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In it for the rep.

Tiro

it is a Beta, it means that most of the changes have not been implemented yet.this, for examples, has been released just to let you see the new (amazing) map

In fact, this is ONLY the new campaign map. This means that there is nothing BUT the campaign map of DaC available atm...

This beta, as Vankar said, map is available for vanilla TATW, so you just play that campaign on the new map
    Last edited by Glamdring; March 06, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Ah okay. I was worried that my installation failed.
    In it for the rep.

Did some reasurce, its only when the enemy force is twice your since they attack you, both on Cair Andros and E. Osgiliath. If your force is bigger then half the enemy, they run.....stupid ****....

Did some reasurce, its only when the enemy force is twice your since they attack you, both on Cair Andros and E. Osgiliath. If your force is bigger then half the enemy, they run.....stupid ****....

@Araval
    For the name bug, here is a simple hotfix: http://www.mediafire.com/?bc0a7ibguz4bs2c it will be bundled in the likely next patch.

I don't know why the culture buildings are a bit messed up for you, is this a 100% vanilla TATW install?

Lorien will look like that in summer, Golden leaves only appear in Winter.

@SandraDevilGirl
    For the Osgiliath AI, there is nothing I can do any more, the rest is Vanilla issues. I fixed the deployment problems and pathfinding due to messed-up heightmap translation, but the rest is simply retarted Medieval II AI. Make sure you are playing on Very Hard. Same with Cair Andros.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; March 07, 2013 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    @SandraDevilGirl
    For the Osgiliath AI, there is nothing I can do any more, the rest is Vanilla issues. I fixed the deployment problems and pathfinding due to messed-up heightmap translation, but the rest is simply retarted Medieval II AI. Make sure you are playing on Very Hard. Same with Cair Andros.
    I know and Im happy you tried your best. I will never stop ******** about E/W Osgiliath/Cair Andros until someone with script knowledge shares my view which makes them wanna look into the problem

This map looks excellent, my precious!

One comment though, with the way the Misty Mountains are now set up, I suspect the OotMM will be roflstomped to oblivion in no time by the surrounding factions. A subterranean fast-transit system between settlements for the orcsies would be nice.

Also, the short distances in Ithilien and around Minas Tirith combined with weakened (it seemed) Mordor start positions might cause a Gondor blitzkrieg.

Paul Atreides
    Last edited by Paul Atreides; March 07, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Then I recommend finding the ReallyBadAI submod thread and posting there about the issue. That is the place for that discussion now.

@Paul Atreides
    AI testing didn't yield that result, OOtMM attack the Vale, go east to the Withered Hearth and raid Imladris. In DaC they garrison mini-forts, and push the factions around it.

Also, Gondor AI works fine in that area, they don't rush the settlements. As for the player, there are still Garrison Scripts to deal with, and Mordor puts up its own fights.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; March 07, 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Civis

Hello FireFreak!

Imladris furthermore the same problem. On the Battle! Armies just stand on a cliffside and can't move...

http://www10.pic-upload.de/07.03.13/b6hdykidvyl7.jpg

Where now the Elves Army stands, an Orc Army and me stood on the left of it and behind my Army, stood one more Orc Army(strengthening).