Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Harondor, Harad, Umbar and Khand preview, first post!)

i would go with not moving Amon Eithel then because it's strategic the way it is and doesn't really go against lore it just looks a little strange(and dis obeys physics... ) ... a fact i can learn to live with if you let me keep the choke point

mayotte's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Harondor, Harad, Umbar and Khand preview, first post!)

Wonderful work !!!

And what about move the river ?
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Either way, if I move the river to the left or the settlement to the right the blocking of the crossing by the settlement will be no more. I will experiment with the hill there, maybe I can get it on a smaller hill that doesn't affect the river.

Polishing up Rhun and Forodwaith, spent alot of the day hex-editing a third of the distant terrain RGB's back in from vanilla so that it's not black outside the map borders... (noticed that vanilla TATW has this issue, all regenerated geography files do.)

looking forward to this sub mod , looks amazing

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Rhun, Celduin and Harad preview, first post!)

Thanks

I have posted the Rhun preview, Forodwaith needs major work as does south Mordor. Then it's campaign_scripting time

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Rhun, Celduin and Harad preview, first post!)

Looks great! But for me the Long Lake may be a bit wider? Now it doesn't really give you that lake-feeling imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Looks great! But for me the Long Lake may be a bit wider? Now it doesn't really give you that lake-feeling imo...
    Yes, or maybe a thiner Celduin.

It actually looks like a larger section of the river ...

Otherwise, grat job !

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

I luke the changes to the Kugovod area.... Makes it a bit more of a strategic chokehold...

'The Long Lake was an oval-shaped lake situated at the confluence of the Forest River and the northern reaches of the Celduin (River Running) south of the Lonely Mountain. The town of Esgaroth or "Laketown" was (twice) built entirely upon the lake itself, which thus formed a natural moat.
    The lake was about twenty miles from north to south and about five miles from east to west.'

The narrows of Mirkwood (from the east bight to the west edge) was 100 miles. The lake was thin. I will expand it slightly to the right, but its an oval shaped lake.

Yes, but the problem is that river is too large compared to lake.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Thorīn II Oakenshield View Post
    Yes, but the problem is that river is too large compared to lake.
    i thought the river was made like that so it could be sail-able?(not quite sure if that's a word )

That's legit Thorin, the river is too wide compared to the rest of the Celduin (which is sailable). I will fix that up.

Update: Fixed easily, it was a 3 pixel thick river instead of two like the rest of the land. I'm going to work on some river fixes that are a long time coming to fix up some issues, as well as making Long Lake longer and more oval based. (will thin its western side a bit to fix the lack of an oval shape.)

Last edited by FireFreak111; February 16, 2013 at 07:44 AM.

Really better !

I would put Celduin from Erebor to Long Lake as not navigable, because would be best and si and no one use the river navigability in so little space, no?

For some reason I didn't think about that. I will see how it looks. Currently trying to make that crossable river on the Anduin near the Carrock less hideous.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Harondor, Harad, Umbar and Khand preview, first post!)

@lordargento
    Do you mean little fragment islands as though the land breaks up at the coast, or proper islands like Himling or Tolfalas?[/QUOTE]

I refer to the little fragments, only to add a bit of realism.
    By the way, do you know how many regions will the final map have?
    Thank you for so much talent and effort improving Middle-Earth

I was wandering in lore wikis again, would it be logical to make Tol Fuin a settlement ? not in order to show that its inhabitated but inhabitable.

Not sure about its authencity but its looks big enough to be settled in that map.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Forodwaith.JPG

Tul Fuin was bigger than the map of your link but still uninhabitable... no one knows what terrors still lingered there from the First Age... the highlands of Dorthonion had become a haunted land named Delduwath (deadly-nightshade). Even after so many years I doubt anyone would dare settle there...
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Tol Fuin preview, first post!)

Yeah, it isn't right to place a settlement on Tol Fuin, I won't do that. Posted a preview of Tol Fuin itself.

Fixed the Celduin's length along the entire river, and fixed the East Road crossing on the Anduin so that the west shoreline isn't coarse and broken. Mordor's turn.

@lordargento
    I will experiment with the islands, will see if they look good in the Medieval II engine.