Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Gondor, Rhun, Misty Mountains and Rhovanion preview, first post!)

I will start testing the map later today, only had a short look and it looks very very good

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Gondor, Rhun, Misty Mountains and Rhovanion preview, first post!)

I will try to test later today but i haven't had a chance to reinstall TATW yet (my backup copy crashed when i added the files). Wanted to be sure it wasn't something faulty with my TATW
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i have a vanilla TATW installed on this computer ... just saying

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

I would like to announce that the initial release will be a expanded map of sorts. It won't max out the 200 region limit, but around 20-30 new regions are in the game. Regions like Enedwaith and Rhovanion will be fleshed out, places like the far east, beyond the Celduin will have regions to fight over and large gaps between regions will be filled. This will greatly add to the experience, meaning there is plenty of balanced regions to fight over. Settlements will be spread out enough to not become a siegefest, but will be close enough for the AI to create links and chains to create plans of domination.

The regions will add a ton of opportunity for AoR, such as a Woodsmen town in the west of Mirkwood, enough regions to make good Cardolan/Rhudaur/Arthedain AoR, Fisher folk on the Straits of the Anduin or even Rhun AoR.

The other main advantage is for mods which have extra factions, like MOS or DaC. Dunland is now spread out with three regions, and is close enough to Rohan for the AI to attack it (meaning a better Dunland AI). Enedwaith is fleshed out as well as Gondor in terms of density, close enough to think about expanding into for example Gondor, or Eriador or Rohan. The Anduin Vale has enough regions to turn into a faction while still having rebels to conquer. Final example is for the mods which have a Ered Luin, as there is plenty of ground to fight over on the way to the Orcs of Gundabad, and they now can control a region in the south part of the mountain range, with the settlement there being Thorin's Halls.

Anyway, a picture can always explain things better than words, so here is the map_regions so far.

Last edited by FireFreak111; February 27, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

more fighting always good ... can i assume from the fact that your making nice announcements that the internal Beta is going well ?

Very well. I can forsee great things this weekend Two extra things, there are another two regions not in that map being added, and that is South Mithlond and the Eastfarthing. Also one more in Harad, to split up that long orange region.

Final preview is up. Enjoy Middle-Earth remade.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 28, 2013 at 07:25 AM.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (The Final Preview, first post!)

Last edited by Thorīn II Oakenshield; February 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (The Final Preview, first post!)

Great work Firefreak.

Nice to see Thorin's Hall in its proper place.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

delete

Just a quick heads up, because I went 200GB over the 10GB free photobucket bandwidth it will start killing off the images. It will be fixed in around 6-10 hours, sorry about this . Too many views Fixed up the labels and duplicate and missing image though, managing 100 images tends to cause errors
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

When there will be a beta?

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Double post , my internet lagged and tried again to post after some minuts.
    it seemed the lagged one did manage to be posted
    Last edited by sanderman2; March 01, 2013 at 03:02 AM.

That map is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    because I went 200GB over the 10GB free photobucket bandwidth it will start killing off the images.
    how can you go that much over and not notice ...

Edit: is anyone else getting this strange "do you want to leave this page" prompt?

Wow that map looks incredible! Can't wait to try it out.
    I am not worth King Firefreak!

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

The map is amazing.. . an elvish settlement near dol amroth why that.. ?

im guessing it's Edhellond that was there before Dol Amroth it was made up of elvish refugees from the war of wrath and the last elves didn't leave it until 2000 years into the third age iirc

: ninjas they be everywhere ...

Tiro

simply Amazing.

just a fast question...

as i am very interested in playing awith the umbar faction, dont you think that the lack of space they have might create problems and conflict with Harad ?