Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29546970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1687

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.0 released!!!

Mos have v1.5.1. of DAC map

Just want to say that this map is amazing, so good that I can't go back to the vanilla map anymore. Will the next release include only leo's new settlements or are you including the siege engines as well? Iv'e found a couple of minor bugs though. Harad appears to have multiple heirs and faction leaders in descr_strat (I guess its from removing the Umbar faction from DAC) and the console doesn't work (I think this was a bug in DAC beta but was fixed in the hotfix) There are also a number of smaller leftovers from DAC such as khand and ents still being in the sound file but as far as I'm aware that won't cause any problems.

Cytek's Avatar Libertus

Everyone are w8ing for the newest realese of DAC patch, for the whole submods in the other thread. It is much more LORE accurate and much more harder then any other submod. I'm just a amateur player, but DAC owns with the new factions. Mos was too easy and too buggy, I won't say nothing about the slow turns time... Dac has much better engine and scripts are inside the engine I think. Very fast turns, many factions... a bit buggy atm cuz it's beta version.

As soon as they will realese the comming patch for Beta verison, it will be playable with 100% of the map ability. The whole new map can be only played by Dac submod. Can't wait for their's patch now. The Ai is awsome and battles are much more harder then normal Third age or even Mos submod It's crazy...

Hello all. I was wondering if the makers of this fine mod could do the TATW community a nice little favour by packaging up the stability-improving climate files and releasing them as a resource for people to use in the vanilla game or their own mods. This would free lots of innocent people from the tyranny of 'unspecified error'.

Well done on all the excellent work.

Senator

I wonder where firefreak is lately. He seems to have disappeared.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Hey, I've been taking a break this January, after more than ~1500 hours of work last year, early February will be when I return to release 2.1 of this map.

Senator

Speak of the Devil

I wonder Why did the Huge Canyons in Harad were left out from the old map(v1.5.1)????

That was the game changer(in a good way) when I played Harad vs Gondor front - setting watchtowers eveywhere on the hills !!!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

These canyons were a nice addition imo too.

I agree that the canyons were a great part of Harad. The main reason they weren't in 2.0 was because the terrain generator wasnt able to handle sharp cliffs, and it's a lot of work making the cliffs and setting which pixels are impassable. Also, with such a large map, AI would struggle alot trying to find the gaps in the cliffs.

I'll look into a possible restoration, at least maybe around Harandor.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    I agree that the canyons were a great part of Harad. The main reason they weren't in 2.0 was because the terrain generator wasnt able to handle sharp cliffs, and it's a lot of work making the cliffs and setting which pixels are impassable. Also, with such a large map, AI would struggle alot trying to find the gaps in the cliffs.

I'll look into a possible restoration, at least maybe around Harandor.
    Thanks a lot mate - its like vanilla there now - one big flat plane
    This is the only drowback I see with v2.0 for now.

Senator

Wait, there were Canyons in Harad? Damn, should have played as Gondor.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP

This mod is great! But I have encountered a problem, for some weird reason when playing as the Dominion of Isengard" the general of the army's arm stretches out and swings around wildly for the whole game and I don't know why...any info?

hi, love the map but found a problem
    when i attacked the enemy here, their army was placed on top of a very steep cliff so my army couldn't reach them

Would it be viable and worth doing to make the dead marshes untraversable, save for a narrow path across it? I know it's small, but this thought just came to me and I thought I'd ask.

Are the 'Mega v2.0' and the 'ModDB Full Public Beta' the same file?
    Currently I'm using 'Full Public Beta + Full Beta patch v1.2 + Hotfix for v1.2' from ModDB.
    I started a campaign as Lindon and have some bugs to report. Can someone please post a link...

I did some digging and found my answers, thanks beforehand.

The bugs (oversights) I found with Lindon were;
    1) Sindar Guards and Sindar Spearmen have identical stats.
    2) Mithlond doesn't upgrade when population reaches 18,000.
    Infact it acts as if it's a Large Town and not a Minor City for building purposes.
    Should be identical to Lond Artharan which works perfectly.
    3) No Family Tree
    4) I have no life...

Quote Originally Posted by Der Nibelung View Post
    I did some digging and found my answers, thanks beforehand.

The bugs (oversights) I found with Lindon were;
    1) Sindar Guards and Sindar Spearmen have identical stats.
    2) Mithlond doesn't upgrade when population reaches 18,000.
    Infact it acts as if it's a Large Town and not a Minor City for building purposes.
    Should be identical to Lond Artharan which works perfectly.
    3) No Family Tree
    4) I have no life...
    This is the wrong thread to post this in but thank you for the feedback.

I've begun and nearly finished work on 2.1 for vanilla on the same day (today).

So far contents include:
    • The new settlement/settlement updates from the Alternate Patch 4.0
    • 4.0 middle-eastern campaign model updates.
    • High-poly models for all mountain models on the campaign map
    • The 2.1 map updates which incudes the roads connecting the Misty Mountain settlements, better blending of ground types, better AI for many regions due to better region connection and refinement of the Iron Hills and more.
    • No more ambient buildings (farms) in custom settlements.

Right now the only roadblock is Minas Morgul, which is refusing to be fixed. It will be fixed to tie up loose ends for 2.1, its just a matter of how long it takes me to fix. It's not the map heights fault or settlement terrain edits fault, its something else.

Senator

canyons in Harad?