Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 335873747576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1687

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhhowell View Post
    I decided to install this since I just can't get MOS/dIRECTOR's Cut to work (crashes immediately after the faction intro movie). An accurate map (the Gap of Rohan actually being a gap, particularly!) was the main thing I wanted, so this should do it.

The game works, but when I look at my recruitment buildings I see "strat.txt: {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT}" in front of the required culture percentages. Is that a bug in this mod, or did something go wrong during installation? If the latter, how can I fix it? strat.txt exists exactly where I expected to find it in data/text, and it does contain a line for SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT, so I'm not sure what problem the game is having with that...
    This doesn't work with those mods I am afraid. \it is only for the vanilla game with a new map. You will find that MOS/DC and DaC all use this map as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    This doesn't work with those mods I am afraid. \it is only for the vanilla game with a new map. You will find that MOS/DC and DaC all use this map as a base.
    There are no other mods involved. You misunderstood what I wrote - I made two statements.

1. I cannot get MOS etc. to work. Information given as context, since the likely response without it would tend to be "oh just use MOS/DaC, get the map and all sorts of other stuff!" (which is pretty much how I read your reply, so I clearly failed... ).
    2. Plan A having failed, Plan B was to install this mod, i.e. just the map, since that's the only major problem with vanilla TATW that I've noticed. That sort of works, except that I get those odd strat.txt strings in my recruitment buildings. Does this mod no longer work, such that the only way to see this map in a game that (maybe) works properly would be to install DaC or keep wrestling with MOS?

In an attempt to be 100% clear - I installed this mod in a fresh copy of a clean, working, vanilla TATW mod folder ("TATW_3_2_Map", with the appropriate edits to the TATW.cfg and Third Age.bat files to point to the correct directory). All attempts to create a "TATW_3_2_MOS" installation have been deleted; the only remnants of MOS or dIRECTOR's Cut remaining on my computer are the download files sitting in my downloads directory.

I need help.

When I try to install DAC 2.0 (I ran it as administrator as well), I am greeted with this:

" ERROR:

Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.

Error 5: Access is denied. "

What needs to be done?

The Alt patch is up to 4.8 what isn't specifically included in this does anyone know? I'm trying to choose between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Ez0rus View Post
    The Alt patch is up to 4.8 what isn't specifically included in this does anyone know? I'm trying to choose between the two
    This includes leo up to about 4.3 I think. It has not been updated nor shall it.

It is tricky, this one improves the map splendidly I think but Leo's improves the immersion almost immeasurably. So it is a tricky decision. Although, you can always have both:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

I would have both but it takes ages to download just one, and then I'd be going back and forth comparing instead of playing and its like gah still don't know
    Hmm seems anything past 4.3 is just bug fixes, moria, dwarfs and little cosmetic tweeks. I like it as best lore/vanilla wise as possible but this map is impressive >.<

Ok so I installed this onto vanilla 3.2 and I'm getting crashes at battles again like with the daylight saving bug, except quick battles work but not campaign/fellowship. I've ran the batch and removed decr_geophy_new

Well after looking at everything from map files to permissions I said sod it, un-installed it, TATW, deleted the virtual store and started out fresh.

And what do you know it works! Ah well Its a great map and leo's settlements are awesome. Nice job everyone involved and soz for the spam

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1!

I am back. Creating something new, with a full preview coming soon.

Last edited by FireFreak111; November 06, 2014 at 08:08 AM.

Decanus

Glad to see you back FF!

Foederatus

Welcome back!
    Is it in your plans to implement the last version of leo's mod?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - new preview on page 83!!

Good to be back

All settlements from the newest version will be included in the next version.

Another preview, this time of the jagged, chaotic mountains of Mordor, re-imagined from its line based implementation in 1.x and 2.x

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - new preview on page 83!!

FireFreak!
    Welcome back mate! Can't wait for what you have made!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - new previews for next version on page 83!!

Awesome to see you back! Your work is always extraordinary!

What about Bree, Amon Hen and Undertowers?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ocate-RELEASED!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14125795

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - new previews for next version on page 83!!

Today is a wonderfull day,so good news your campaign map whit Leo' custom settlements is the best TATW 3.2 mod,which still keeps the incomparable TATW 3.2 feeling.

Its good to see you back:-) FF

Thanks everyone.

The next version will be 3.0, focusing on a revamped heightmap based on changing battle-map generation to allow greater variation of height on the campaign-map. The terrain will be fuller, more 3d, and with greater differences between low and high land. Mountains will be redesigned, based more on the Atlas of Middle-earth, and other sources, using significant peaks and more from the lore to improve accuracy and representation . Other places will be revisited, such as the downs in Eriador (more cliffs, less passable),

So, in bullet point form:

• New Heightmap, with greater variation between heights
    • Redesigned mountains, more accurate to Tolkien's work and more realistic generation. Greater falloff distance means improved slopes and more room for significant peaks.
    • Redesigned mountain passes. They will no longer be gaps in the mountains, instead actual crossings over the mountains, except for some places such as Moria (still much higher then 2.*). The lake at the Dimril Dale will be removed to allow this (was crushing the vertical height around Moria)
    • More pixels-per-inch by culling some of the extreme's horizontally, such as a small amount of east Rhun and west of Lindon, to allow more room in places like Osgiliath.
    • Reduced vertical height, culling off most of the southern Harad terrain added in 2.* and removing some of Forodwaith. This was done to reduce AI confusion, and to allow some regions to be reused elsewhere. Both areas were relatively pointless for gameplay.
    • Repurposed regions, to improve gameplay and AI in sparse areas. Tol Fuin, southern Umbar/Harad, West Forodwaith, Sauron in DaC will be removed. Candidates for these new regions are northern Eriador (to provide Angmar/Dwarves a denser battleground), Rhovanion (relatively sparse right now), Nurn (southern Mordor), West Gondor (AI is too incompetent atm to cross this region/use the space) and Lindon (to allow the Elves more space for expansion).

Though there is alot of work ahead, I can safely release an early, early preview of the next iteration of the height map, alongside the older one for reference. No in-game shots yet, still working on getting the map into the campaign, haven't begun placing trees/textures/climates yet, only initial regions, heightmap and rivers (which are complete).

Heightmap preview
    (This is still heavy Work in Progress)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New Map:

Old Map:

@Araval
    I will see what I can do, but Amon Hen will likely not be, due to the campaign map modifications required to include it. It also wouldn't see much use in the new map. On a similar line of thought, its why I am removing the Argonath battle-map. It requires a land tile in the river, which prevents players from sailing all the way to Gondor. It is really rare to fight a battle there. I may change my stance on it later however.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83!!

Noooooooo! not Lond Nirnaeth! My favourite settlement, gone. :'(

Aside from that, the changes sound very good; big fan of cutting out far Harad.

Good to have you back FF.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83!!

Tol Fuin and Himring island can not be added without settlement without prejudice to the AI?

Forgive, although it doesn't add gameplay I love to see the entire map, but if it harms the AI behavior, I see more than justified its absence.

It's good news that you're back to improve your map

A new map!!! OMG!

Now for a few comments

As a long-time Umbar player I am a bit sad to see Southern Umbar go... but it did serve little real purpose, so nice to see the space will be used elsewhere. A couple of things I'd love to see are:
    i) The Lake at Annúminas being flattened, always terribly bugged me that in the battle-maps for Barketta and Annúminas itself, the lake was a slope
    ii) altered climate settings - less extreme snow coverage (perhaps only stretching down to Enedwaith or the White Mountains in the West?) during winter, but also permanent winter in the far northern regions particularly Carn-Dum and the surrounding Angmar areas. My reasoning for this is that in DaC there are event messages describing howling blizzards and such for sieges in these areas - but often no snow to accompany them. Just a small touch really

Looking great already though, keep it up!