Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32577273747576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1687

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

So sad that FireFreak111 had retired. From DAC map remade v2.0-2.1 I always thought of it as an official patch that continued King Kong's tatw 3.2 with a far better map, bug fixes (most important was the campaign and battle AI which was far superior to tatw 3.2) and more custom settlements (from leo's unofficial 4.0 patch). Now that there's a 4.5 alternate patch with even more custom settlements (lol damn it Leo) it's kind of disappointing that it won't ever be integrated into this mod. If only I knew how to do this myself. As for FireFreak111 thanks mate for your work. Cheers from Australia.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It is being integrated into this map. Although it requires you to download the mod itself instead of just the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    It is being integrated into this map. Although it requires you to download the mod itself instead of just the map.
    I'm not really into the expanded factions/units sort of thing in DAC (I still want that vanilla feeling with just an improved map and custom settlements) which is why I hoped the map itself could be updated with Leo's 4.5 custom settlements.

Well, the map is not made for vanilla experiences, its made together with new factions and stuff.

I agree with you Nezwun. Sometimes I feel like playing with vanilla mechanics too but this map and leos settlements are still as must have. When the next DAC patch is released it will be very easy to port the settlements over to this map as they are identical and although the DAC team has said they won't do that, I plan to do it for my personal use. Depending on permissions I may release it.

This mod is great! But I have encountered a problem, for some weird reason when playing as the Dominion of Isengard" the general of the army's arm stretches out and swings around wildly for the whole game and I don't know why...any info?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

It has been fixed in the next release

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    The issue that i am talking about? when is the next release? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    I thought there ware no plans to release any further patches for the DAC map standalone? They are only developing the main Mod for now. I think you may have the wrong DAC thread

Yeah, wrong thread.

"This mod is great! But I have encountered a problem, for some weird reason when playing as the Dominion of Isengard" the general of the army's arm stretches out and swings around wildly for the whole game and I don't know why...any info?"

So they the issue im having will wait until then i guess
    :/

One thing i did realize though is i wasnt having the problem with the generals arm swinging wildly around in the isengard army until i downloaded the newest patch when i returned to the game after not playing a while which i believe was DAC, so i guess i will delete and re-download. I havent heard of anyone else having this problem but me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin127 View Post
    One thing i did realize though is i wasnt having the problem with the generals arm swinging wildly around in the isengard army until i downloaded the newest patch when i returned to the game after not playing a while which i believe was DAC, so i guess i will delete and re-download. I havent heard of anyone else having this problem but me.
    As mentioned above I think you have the wrong DAC thread as IIRC this standalone map does not touch Isengard generals. I just tested it and general worked fine for me so either you have wrong thread or faulty download. As you say, a re-download should do it

Quote Originally Posted by tombombadil View Post
    As mentioned above I think you have the wrong DAC thread as IIRC this standalone map does not touch Isengard generals. I just tested it and general worked fine for me so either you have wrong thread or faulty download. As you say, a re-download should do it
    sorry about that thanks so much!!

Frozen Flame's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Very nice mod, it's a pitty there will be no more updates Please, can I ask - can someone tell me, how can I disable game event restriction ? I completed game several times and waiting for game events is boring now. I mean I don't want to wait for turn 95+ for recruiting best units. Instructions for vanilla 3.2 game doesn't working.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Flame View Post
    Hi Very nice mod, it's a pitty there will be no more updates Please, can I ask - can someone tell me, how can I disable game event restriction ? I completed game several times and waiting for game events is boring now. I mean I don't want to wait for turn 95+ for recruiting best units. Instructions for vanilla 3.2 game doesn't working.Thanks
    I am not a scripter so I can tell you how to do it from a coding point of view:
    Find the file export_descr_buildings in this location (path may vary) - C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data
    Once there hit ctrl+f and 'find' the following: and event_counter large_city_barracks 1
    Then remove that phrase from every location that you find it and it will remove the restriction on the barracks event. I am unsure if vanilla uses both available events but I don't think it does so that will do it and it will mean that every building (and therefore unit) is available as soon as you have the one before it.

I tried it. Game is always closed in loading screen

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Flame View Post
    I tried it. Game is always closed in loading screen
    You must use notepad++ in order to edit any files of DaC. If the game crashes on the loading screen and you have notepad++ then it will be an edu or edb problem and will therefore be listed in your crash log:
    C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Hmm,
    I will wait for game events. It's boring, but with mods it's better

I decided to install this since I just can't get MOS/dIRECTOR's Cut to work (crashes immediately after the faction intro movie). An accurate map (the Gap of Rohan actually being a gap, particularly!) was the main thing I wanted, so this should do it.

The game works, but when I look at my recruitment buildings I see "strat.txt: {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT}" in front of the required culture percentages. Is that a bug in this mod, or did something go wrong during installation? If the latter, how can I fix it? strat.txt exists exactly where I expected to find it in data/text, and it does contain a line for SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT, so I'm not sure what problem the game is having with that...