Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 58 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Results 1,641 to 1,643 of 1643

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

Arachir Galudirithon's Avatar Hastatas Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhhowell View Post
    I decided to install this since I just can't get MOS/dIRECTOR's Cut to work (crashes immediately after the faction intro movie). An accurate map (the Gap of Rohan actually being a gap, particularly!) was the main thing I wanted, so this should do it.

The game works, but when I look at my recruitment buildings I see "strat.txt: {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT}" in front of the required culture percentages. Is that a bug in this mod, or did something go wrong during installation? If the latter, how can I fix it? strat.txt exists exactly where I expected to find it in data/text, and it does contain a line for SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT, so I'm not sure what problem the game is having with that...
    This doesn't work with those mods I am afraid. \it is only for the vanilla game with a new map. You will find that MOS/DC and DaC all use this map as a base.

DaC faction information and content thread:
    Faction Biographies - Preview Thread

Tobo i nae e-daur len a idh refn-en-alph berio len. Cuio mae!

Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    This doesn't work with those mods I am afraid. \it is only for the vanilla game with a new map. You will find that MOS/DC and DaC all use this map as a base.
    There are no other mods involved. You misunderstood what I wrote - I made two statements.

1. I cannot get MOS etc. to work. Information given as context, since the likely response without it would tend to be "oh just use MOS/DaC, get the map and all sorts of other stuff!" (which is pretty much how I read your reply, so I clearly failed... ).
    2. Plan A having failed, Plan B was to install this mod, i.e. just the map, since that's the only major problem with vanilla TATW that I've noticed. That sort of works, except that I get those odd strat.txt strings in my recruitment buildings. Does this mod no longer work, such that the only way to see this map in a game that (maybe) works properly would be to install DaC or keep wrestling with MOS?

In an attempt to be 100% clear - I installed this mod in a fresh copy of a clean, working, vanilla TATW mod folder ("TATW_3_2_Map", with the appropriate edits to the TATW.cfg and Third Age.bat files to point to the correct directory). All attempts to create a "TATW_3_2_MOS" installation have been deleted; the only remnants of MOS or dIRECTOR's Cut remaining on my computer are the download files sitting in my downloads directory.

Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I need help.

When I try to install DAC 2.0 (I ran it as administrator as well), I am greeted with this:

" ERROR:

Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.

Error 5: Access is denied. "

What needs to be done?

Thread Information