Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 55 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1614

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

Arkay's Avatar Signifer

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.0 released!!!

Great. Nice to see you back!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    canyons in Harad?
    not in this patch i think.... +1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Best Way to kill Sauron In Third Age Total War is to kill him with the Ents from Fangorn !!! Like a real
    Troll !!! !!!One Dont Simply RUN over Sauron !!!

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

There will be a cliff on the southern side of Harandor, to help chokepoint Harad's entry past the river.

Minas Morgul is nearly fixed, I have found the cause. Patch will be out soon.

Libertus

I am still having trouble with the arm glitch for the general of the isengard army, his character models arm extends and flails around has anyone had this problem?

paradamed's Avatar Equites Alares

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    I've begun and nearly finished work on 2.1 for vanilla on the same day (today).

So far contents include:
    • The new settlement/settlement updates from the Alternate Patch 4.0
    • 4.0 middle-eastern campaign model updates.
    • High-poly models for all mountain models on the campaign map
    • The 2.1 map updates which incudes the roads connecting the Misty Mountain settlements, better blending of ground types, better AI for many regions due to better region connection and refinement of the Iron Hills and more.
    • No more ambient buildings (farms) in custom settlements.

Right now the only roadblock is Minas Morgul, which is refusing to be fixed. It will be fixed to tie up loose ends for 2.1, its just a matter of how long it takes me to fix. It's not the map heights fault or settlement terrain edits fault, its something else.
    Glad to see updates! What about troops not crossing the bridge with the siege ram in Erebor? Maybe you could replace the bridge and use a front terrain like leos new dains halls. Is this fixed?
    What about using Leos old dains halls for a new settlement instead of replacing it like Leo did?
    Last edited by paradamed; February 07, 2014 at 07:00 AM.

I'll upload 2.1 in ~8-9 hours, (which will be ~10am here), heres a full changelog (all below done).

• Unofficial/Alternate Patch 4.0 core integrated.
    • New custom settlements, including Thranduil's Halls, Dale and the new Dain's Halls.
    • Erebor from 4.0 is now used for 100% functionality and better visual effects.
    • The old Dain's Halls from 3.3 is used for Thorin's Halls now.
    • Minas Morgul completely repaired, with fixed river interaction and terrain around the water. Additionaly, roads have been added and the cliff terrain is dramatically improved.
    • Rivendell performs better thanks to the 4.0 release.
    • Gondor and Elven cultures now have new battle-map settlements, thanks to 4.0.
    • New Siege engines for Elves and Dwarves.

• A new highway alongside the Misty Mountains has been created by connecting the mountain regions by walkable land, which has improved AI.
    • Texture distrubution has been randomized in many repetitive terrains, for an overall better look. Additionally, blending between terrain types is improved.
    • Linhir/Eastern Belfalas and the Straits of the Anduin are now connected to free up AI movement around the area, to give more targets for Harad and to help stop landlocked AI.
    • The Lone-lands and the North Downs are now connected by road to allow AI movement to flow naturally through the area.
    • Cliff-faces have been added in southern Harondor, above the River Harnen, to allow players to use chokepoints in the area.
    • The Iron Hills are more refined, look more natural and generate better.

• The campaign has returned to 4 turns per year for technical reasons.
    • New higher-poly models for many mountain models on the campaign map.
    • Economy has been rebalanced for AI (related to the additional settlements/unit costs at game start), to massively improve general game balance.
    • The AI/Player setup scripts for settlement handling have been completely remade to remove annoying visual errors such as rebels outside the settlement on turn 1, to improve initial turn times and to move the settlement handling right to the very start of the first turn to allow the AI more time to react. Mostly behind the scenes.
    • The distance characters can travel in a turn has been slightly increased (120 to 130), to allow the AI to pathfind better with the larger map.
    • Ambient buildings on the battle-maps should be completely removed now.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 07, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

Der Nibelung's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v2.1 released!!!

I have installed;

Full Public Beta
    Patch 2
    Patch 2 hotfix
    2.1 Patch Setup

Ran the cleaner and I crash upon start up.
    Did I do something wrong?

The install order is 2.0 Full, then 2.1. The beta versions have differences with the 2.0 full version.

Sadly 2.0 Final Setup + 2.1 Patch Setup (both located here) upon launching starts me up in default TATW v3.2...

Nevermind, you have two different versions of DaC;
    The faction beta, which I was playing and the 2.1 version that was released today... My bad!

tombombadil's Avatar Munifex

Looks great FireFreak . This map just keeps getting better and better. Have't had a chance to play it yet but definitely high on my list.

Tiro

Help..Dwarves no catapult speciel attack...

SuperTechmarine's Avatar Princeps

Do i install this over DaC?
    The Roman Empire getting an ass whooping
    Signature courtesty of the great Primarch Roboute.

MrZanyGaming's Avatar Princeps

Is it possible for you guys to extend the map to the East to include the other elves and Dwarves?
    Battle of Rome 1 v Rome 2 -

I like to pretend to know things.

Driving into the sunset

With the release of 2.1, I am officially going to change the use policy of this map for Modders. It is now a free license, as long as credit is clearly given, and is distributed on the TWCenter (as long as a thread is here, you can upload your mod with this map to ModDB and other places too).

@tombombadil
    Thanks, its been great constantly improving the map to the point its at now, nearly a year later

@Kingartist21
    I have tried to keep EDU edits minimal, and sort of passed over that Alternate Patch change.

@SuperTechmarine
    This and DaC are separate, this is only the map. DaC includes this and far, far more.

@MrZanyGaming
    This map unfortunately maxes out the horizontal length limit of the Medieval II engine, its as long as it can be. Extending it south from 975 pixels to 1021 is possible, but it would require a complete recoordination for every unit and script again, which is sort of out of the question .

Tiro

Great news, will this fix inns and what not for the Bree faction?, save game compatible?

Zarathos's Avatar Discens

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP

It's not a map bug, anyway... it's a problem of animations. It's animated like it's holding a banner when it doesn't.
    To fix it open with NotePad++ unit_models/battle_models.modeldb, look for this:
    10 IS_captain 1 1
    57 unit_models/_Units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/Captain_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 france
    70 unit_models/_units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/textures/Heavy_IS_Diff.texture
    70 unit_models/_units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/textures/Heavy_IS_Norm.texture 0
    5 slave
    4 merc
    6 france
    70 unit_models/_units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/textures/Heavy_weapons.texture
    75 unit_models/_units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/textures/Heavy_weapons_norm.texture 0
    5 slave
    75 unit_models/_units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/textures/Heavy_weapons_norm.texture 0
    4 merc
    4 None
    14 MTW2_Spear_new 0
    22 MTW2_Spear_primary_new
    5 horse
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0
    22 MTW2_Sword_Primary_new
    8 elephant
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0
    5 camel
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    And change it like this:

10 IS_captain 1 1
    57 unit_models/_Units/ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy/Captain_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 france
    5 slave
    4 merc
    6 france
    5 slave
    4 merc
    4 None
    15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    5 horse
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    8 elephant
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    5 camel
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Last edited by Zarathos; February 21, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Libertus

Me mod crashes after installing 2.0 and 2.1 what should i do?

Cytek's Avatar Discens

Quite problematic bug Beta testers from DAC have sent me here with it That small rebel place is bugging Ai moves (Umbar). Umbar is trying to kill that unit with every possible ship.. spamming hordes of ships

Funeh's Avatar Miles

Could someone reupload to gamesfront, modb, or some other normal upload service? Mega is so bugged, i got an error at 99%... I dont even know where the files are supposed to be downloaded in.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Ty tu umíráš a máš poslední sen, snad bude tu líp, až příjde ten den, až nad hrobem tvým bude sborově znít - Čechy jsou bílý, je tu pořádek a klid.

Thread Information