Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EU Referendum possibly?

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: EU Referendum possibly?

Why would they want to leave? I mean, it's the only place where the UK can still have some international relevance, plus it's not as if their economy has been butchered by the Euro or the Eurocrisis like the continent.

Comes Limitis

Without this EU free flow of capital markets the City of London could not exist as it does so well for itself and all those who most benefit from this infra-structure. There is so much benefit to it that even the rest of the Island greatly benefits from this City-EU relation now that the damage is done and so much in the UK is dependent on The City cash. But of course people dont get this.

For continental Europe though this isnt any good on the largest macro level. Surely continental elites and their politicians also greatly benefit, privately but the cracks are shaping up and sooner or later the public guarantees we took have to make up for this escapist capital. Nvm what the GIIPS are going trough.

To me the UK behaved to much like a Trojan horse to still be in it, and it once again shows how a Merkel is just an Anglo-American puppet(wanted to join iraq war, campaigned for flat-taxes, got the IMF into the Eurocrisis, hawking Russia etc) when she wants to renegotiate better terms for Britian, which already has the best terms going for it and continually is blocking most important policies that are more or less agreed on by everyone else.

De Gaulle has been proven right and the dicatorship of finance-capitalism is now overarching the European nation-states. Democracies are rendered impotent, and the public finances looted. This isnt leading to a good place for continental Europe, but a UK and US lives on this model for quite some time now and will mask their own failing distorted and onesided "free-lunch" liberal economic ideology for a great period of time again by looting a crown jewel, instead of another equatorial continent. Its a necessity for them and their model, and once Germany tips over the grand price is there for the taking.

Hope for Merkel that Obama signs that free-trade agreement fast. Why compete with Germans, when you can just buy them, have their infalting $ trade-surplusses recycled on wallstreet, and German credit-unions buying American hashed up high ($)return mortgages instead of lending to their own people(what the other puppet from the social dems made possible under his rule as finance minister).

But who cares about Germans, Greeks, Syrians or all these puny peoples. Lets have a laugh about their laziness, welfare-state concepts, and never look back at it.
    Last edited by Thorn777; January 24, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Engie's Avatar Ordinarius

I think an In/Out referendum is the only way to settle this issue in the UK.

Surely having a referendum and then accepting the result is the best way forward?

I'd personally vote to leave, I think we'd still be able to have the benefits of the single market but without political union (like Norway and Switzerland do). But if the British public voted to stay in then so be it, I just think on principle the British people deserve a say on the issue.

Comes Domesticorum

I don't think Cameron will have the balls to make a referendum with the option to actually leave the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Engie View Post
    I think an In/Out referendum is the only way to settle this issue in the UK.

Surely having a referendum and then accepting the result is the best way forward?

I'd personally vote to leave, I think we'd still be able to have the benefits of the single market but without political union (like Norway and Switzerland do). But if the British public voted to stay in then so be it, I just think on principle the British people deserve a say on the issue.
    But Norway and Switzerland have to abide by every law the EU makes. That is how they keep the benefits by basically being within the EU in all but name and having no say in how things happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12