Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Information and Download (Beta 0.69)

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Information and Download (Beta 0.69)

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    if you dont have dark elves at custom battle..then you dont have this version
    Good answer.
    We will add the current version to the splash screen next time ^^

Hei, I just have a short question.... I cant find any release for the 0.7 version of this mod with the struggle of the old wold campaigne, do u have any release date?

Quote Originally Posted by konstar View Post
    Hei, I just have a short question.... I cant find any release for the 0.7 version of this mod with the struggle of the old wold campaigne, do u have any release date?
    It's not released, yet.

As for 0.69: GREAT WORK, GUYS! This mod really remakes the entire game!

There ist just one thing: Playing on VH/M, but the Naggarothi seem to be quite content with what they've got. They're launching an operation into Chrace now and then, but otherwise they're not interested in storming the various Gates (forts) and march depper into the continent. They're massing troops on the border, but never launch a full scaled operation into, say, Ellyrion.

The Cultists I like very much, they're very aggressive.

If the gates prevents nagarythe to invade the inner kingdoms and if we can't fix the other problems (they should act like stone forts while they are acting like wood camps...) then we will remove this until the problem is 100% fixed.

We always favour gameplay over any new feature. Be sure we'll fix this mess.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    If the gates prevents nagarythe to invade the inner kingdoms and if we can't fix the other problems (they should act like stone forts while they are acting like wood camps...) then we will remove this until the problem is 100% fixed.

We always favour gameplay over any new feature. Be sure we'll fix this mess.
    All I can say is: Yay you!

Hey im new to this mod and man this is tighhttt lovin this mod xD but for the campaign playing as Caledor and every battle i keep getting a graphics error thing, custom battles working just not for the campaign against the cultists and im only at turn 3 lol also i put it from shader 2 to shader 1 as well but apart from this graphical error, great work guys reall epic xD
    Actually half way through playing thrace (the lion brahs) in custom battle against those dark elves guys, it crashed half way through, still was a pretty narley battle man ahah ;P
    Last edited by peaceoutindexdow; February 09, 2013 at 10:56 PM.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by peaceoutindexdow View Post
    Hey im new to this mod and man this is tighhttt lovin this mod xD but for the campaign playing as Caledor and every battle i keep getting a graphics error thing, custom battles working just not for the campaign against the cultists and im only at turn 3 lol also i put it from shader 2 to shader 1 as well but apart from this graphical error, great work guys reall epic xD
    Actually half way through playing thrace (the lion brahs) in custom battle against those dark elves guys, it crashed half way through, still was a pretty narley battle man ahah ;P
    Did you remove the 0.68 version before installing the 0.69?

This has propably been answered multiple times by now, but why is Nagarythe not able to recruit sorceresses anymore?

Saphery still can recruit three magical units. I get it, that Nagarythe has the strongest units in the game, even without sorceresses, but it'd be quite the thrill to have them again

Dunno if kolwen added them in recruitment for nagarythe in the latest version. Btw Saphery IS the magical realm with all the sorcerors and stuffs. During the Civil War, Saphery came into a very tough civil conflict and some mages flee to nagarythe as traitor and were lead by Morathi herself to raise in chaos magic. So basically the few mages aside with nagarythe are ancient sapherian mages.

Thank you so much for this mod! I used to play High Elves and Dark Elves in Warhammer Fantasy a few years back and I'm starting High Elves again soon, so this mod caused a major nerdgasm, if you pardon the expression.

And it's running very smoothly :-)
    There are only a few things I noticed that could be improved: A princess greeted me with "I bring greetings from England!" ... that was a bit weird. Additionally I'm not too fond of hearing "Elder Scrolls" or "Mass Effect" music in the game. The music of these games is just too recognisable.

I think I also heard "Leliana's Song" song from Dragon Age. This song is very subtle though and fits perfectly, mostly because it only appears at one time in Dragon Age and so most people won't recognize it.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthahir View Post
    Thank you so much for this mod! I used to play High Elves and Dark Elves in Warhammer Fantasy a few years back and I'm starting High Elves again soon, so this mod caused a major nerdgasm, if you pardon the expression.

And it's running very smoothly :-)
    There are only a few things I noticed that could be improved: A princess greeted me with "I bring greetings from England!" ... that was a bit weird. Additionally I'm not too fond of hearing "Elder Scrolls" or "Mass Effect" music in the game. The music of these games is just too recognisable.

I think I also heard "Leliana's Song" song from Dragon Age. This song is very subtle though and fits perfectly, mostly because it only appears at one time in Dragon Age and so most people won't recognize it.
    Greetings and battle speech is hard to modify..you have to make a new one..and that requires special equipment..and about the music ,you can mod it..search on the forum.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

FYI: In order to have some more unit info pics, I suggest you to go to your The_Sundering/data/ui/unit_info folder and rename your mercs folder to merc.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Lunzium's Avatar Foederatus

Hey guys, first off i wanted to say Great Mod! But i was wondering why the Cultists are so powerful? they destroy Eataine (?) within the first ~ 5-10 rounds and are, besides Nagarythe, the dominating presence in this mod. While playing Nagarythe i had 0 problems from anyone because the Cultist faction kept everyone busy. It just seems a little unbalanced?

Other than that, Great mod

p.s. had a crash in a custom battle while playing Caledor (with dragons) when i pushed the "Start Battle" button.

You certainly have some, if not THE best detailed and quality models in a Medieval 2 total war game i have ever seen, but the animations... its just so damn wrong. Dragons, eagles, chaos monsters etcetc, they all look so good and well crafted but without the animations to carry them i end up asking myself why you made them when the animations applied to them looks so bad? it just makes me very sad seeing these beautiful monster models get wasted

One reason : no animation modder in the team, ever.

Which is the sad part really, that despite all the incredible work done on this mod, there hasn't been an animator who has come along to help.

I did wonder, would it be difficult to create a submod where big monsters like Hydras, Dragons etc are removed? I personally prefer to not have flying units around, although their models are superb.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    One reason : no animation modder in the team, ever.
    A second reason is because animation is one of the most specialized and difficult part of modding.
    How is the mod progressing? Is there an estimated release date, or beta?

Struggle for the Old World campaign has made good progress. We hope for a release by the end of summer, early autumn max.

That really depends. From mid march to early may we made amazing progress for instance, and now for two weeks it is far slower. Modding progress really depends and rely on each member's irl.

But i can really tell you we making something big and top quality. We learned a lot from The Sundering and we won't reproduce any mistake we could have made, and things we mastered will be even higher quality in SoW

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

I was hoping for an earlier release, oh well just started a new RotWK campaign.

Good news about the quality, that is something that I really like and stands out in your mod.

Will the SftOW campaign be just as hard as RotWK? I hope not.

Good luck to all involved working on this mod.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Good luck for the project and all of the team. I'll wait for it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast