Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Preview: Units overhaul

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview IV: Units overhaul announcement

Do you mean worked still? Yes, I'm working on new units, and Ichon is doing research for them. If SS 7.0 release drags on, the unit stuff might get released/integrated earlier with The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP). Not saying when. The project isn't dead even if you don't see posts here, but I don't wanna show/release stuff too early until enough is done, like we did with the crusaders.

It looks like things will be very nice when everything gets finished, great work Kahvipannu and team.

KUTGW guys! The new units are fabulous.

bless all the modders working on this.
    CA's idea of strategy seems to be all about streamlining management, point-and-click combat, and characters without any character. it weighs heavily upon my soul. but so long as stainless steel is around to quench my thirst for strategy, i remain invigorated as ever.

All you modders that work on SS 7.0 do your best because ROME 2 is trouble not game...

When is this coming OUT?!
    It looks like things will be very nice when everything gets finished, great work Kahvipannu and team.
    Great work at screenshots . Rome 2 sucks donkey balls.
    Last edited by Rushlight; October 04, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Rome 2 isn't as bad as people say imo, I've had blast playing it, specially with mods. I don't own anything between Kingdoms and Rome2, so for me is it as good as Med2 tought? No, not at all imo. Visuals, and ammount of work put into them is insane, but it lacks depth in many other departments. With more work put into it, it might surpass Med2 for me, now it is pretty skeleton, without enough meat around the bones.

Don't know when it comes out with SS 7.0. The unit improvements Ichon and I have been working will come out at some point, propably with the SSHIP sub-mod, have been working with guys at there. I won't lie the work has been really slow, but in otherhand we tend to spent a lot of time with the invidual units, but I hope that shows in the results.

This thread is almost year old, and people are still checking in, which is awesome btw, so I guess showing something would be appropriate. Here is couple variations of one of the finished units in MS, normal-maps and such ofcourse not shown. They have had some changes after these screens, but you'll see them eventually. Hopefully someone can point out who they are, if not, that is not a good thing.

So work is still going forward, but again, it all falls down to how much I spent time on it, and I'm kinda on/off with it, so you know... But once we are happy with the content, it will be out, in form or another.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Kahvipannu; October 04, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

hello Kahvipannu, the mod you're working on with the Others from the team is representing (and that's true just only considering the present SS version) what I was expecting from Rome II. What am I referring to?

1.historical immersion. Even if not always strictly influencing the player's game, some historical announcement are an huge effort to immeriaion in the historical period. Is a part of a vast "ensemble" made of music, images, careful attention to words adopted in descriptions and other similar stuffs

2.better diplomacy and economical-cultural dynamics: after 60 turns on rome II leading maceodnia on very hard, no really historical references I've meet. After 60 turns with SS I don't thik we can experience the SAME.

3. maniacal cure of unit rosters. Ok, just don't consider the unit details (in comparison the SS incoming version can quitely challenge rome II) but ONLY the unit rosters quality: rich, historically accurate, deeply refined.

CA said, we're paid for having our won new ideas, True and noble! and OF COURSE, game is developed and created ex novo by them and so the modders can work a "final" product BUT..."being paid to not capture ideas from Others does not mean be paid to not have ideas and make things too simple..especially if there 're talented boys like them".

Hope you'll not consider this an off topic.

My will is just to say, through a comparison, tha HERE I find what I was expecting in Rome II.

There's one BIG difference between you and them: you have really time..it's a paradox but it works..you've time to delay the release untile you'll be fully satisfied of the product.
    Last edited by DramaBelli; October 06, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Cross Templar's Avatar Laetus

Great, i'm looking forward to playing.

Salutations ! Your mod Stainless Steel, with Third age, is for me the best never created for a total war game ! immersive campaign, battles, and units ! Thx for your work ! And sorry if i do some faults, my english is not Shakspirien

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

awesome pictures looking Forward to this masterpiece!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Keep up the good work!!!

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

Awesome, can't wait till it's released. Hopefully soon so I can get my TW fix since Rome 2 is broken.

Sent from my Xperia Ray using Tapatalk 2

Those units look amazing, can't wait for release!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

LeicsFox's Avatar Tiro

looks great, keep up the good work guys
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Really looking forward for SS7.0, please continue the good works
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Guys do your best ...ROME 2 is awful....

Thanks for the pictures!
    I think they look very well, and I trust that the future for this mod looks very bright.

Many thanks for more medieval goodness

Crandar!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I LOVE this mod! Thank you so much! Can't wait for 7.0. Please finish it soon, it would make a lot of people very happy