Thread: Huangdi: Total War?

Default Huangdi: Total War?

I don't know if anyone has done this already, but I think the Chinese Spring and Autumn Period and Warring States Period would be a really great setting for a mod or even a new game.
    With all the philosophies and great minds that came out of the period, the length of it, the strategic breadth, and the epic size of the armies being fielded at the time, I would totally buy a game or mod set in the era.

The factions might start as
    Yan
    Qin
    Jin
    Chu
    Qi
    Lu
    Wu

barbarian factions:

Yue
    Rong
    Di
    Man

Imperial capital:
    Zhou

Several rebel factions representing the states of Ba, Shu, Zheng, Cao, Cai, Chen, Song, and Xu.

I'm thinking a game with two sections. One in the S&A era, with a lot of chariots and relatively small battles, and then a section, perhaps triggered by the destruction of the central rebel factions, or by Qi destroying Lu (or vise versa), based on the WS era. Jin would break up into Wei, Han, and Zhao, and battles would be based more on infantry as per the period. The victor would be whoever conquers all of the chinese factions plus the city of Luoyang.

There might be a tech tree, and the rise of the philosophies of Mohism, Confucianism, Daoism, and Legalism.

What do you guys think?

Tiro

Default Re: Huangdi: Total War?

If you want to make a historical mod, you always get my moral support. As far as I know there isn't yet a historical mod for China.
    If Jin has to break up, you'll probably use the Roman factions to depict this.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown