Thread: Second rebellion; had 120, lost 80 provinces

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Second rebellion; had 120, lost 80 provinces

This was the map that greeted me post rebellion in AUC 731. I had controlled everything in rebel blue; so all of Africa to the Nile, all of Greece, Spain, Gaul, Macedonia and Italy/Sicily of course.

I tried three times to load the previous save in hopes of a better result, but no dice.

My army is comprised of 25 legions and 9 aux cohorts. Four legions are in Egypt attempting to take back Alexandria and Memphis. Six are in Gaul. One legion, one aux cohort and the Praetorian legion are holding N. Italy. Two legions and an aux cohort are holding the Adriatic provinces. Spain has a very under strength aux cohort. The rest are transiting from the Tyras and Byzantion areas to the Adriatic coast to re-take Italy and Sicily.

Of course we went almost immediately into debt.

The second rebellion is not one of my favorite aspects of the mod, but I have to admit this challenge has me hooked.

And things were going SO well .
    Last edited by Paladin247; February 24, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow