View Poll Results: What's better, M2TW or TATW?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medieval 2 Total War

4 4.71%
  • Third Age Total War

65 76.47%
  • They are both as good as the other

16 18.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M2TW or TATW

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Icon5 M2TW or TATW

What do you consider better, M2TW or TATW? Simple as that.

Personally, I think TATW is better than the game it's based on. M2TW has boring units that are the same in many factions, cavalry charges are ineffective, portraits suck, tutorial videos are almost the same, there are many factions you can't play, and... well that was it. I just played M2TW because it's told to be easier than TATW, and I hated it. Trololol!
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Default Re: M2TW or TATW

You answered your own question. There really is no contest.

They are both good; I enjoy the historical aspect of M2TW (I always play with SS though, if I'm playing the real-world map), although sometimes it's just fun to play with monsters and elves in Tolkien's rich setting.

Overall I play much more TATW than SS.
    Last edited by DrDragun; January 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

What do you mean I answered my own question? I told that I liked TATW more, and now I ask your opinion.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Hardly a fair comparison.

You mean the deafult Medieval II game? If so then there is not a question. TATW can not even be compared with it. It is in an entirely different level. M2TW is completely out of TATW`s league.

To be honest, Third Age is by far the better game.
    King Kong and the whole Team set it to a whole new level... amazing, if you consider that the engine has been released 6 years ago and is based on RTW.

"The Lord of the Rings" is a licensed trademark. I am quite certain that this Mod would have made it into a Standalone version otherwise (take DayZ for example).
    This part of the forum (Hosted Modifications -> Third Age) is still one of the most visited sites on this board.

I normally play games for 10-20 hours and than they are living a lonely live in my cupboard. My computer changed 2 times since 2009 and Third Age is still on my hard drive.
    Its the combined magic of Lord of the Rings + the Modding-Work of the Team which makes this game my all time favorite and the best Lord of the Rings game created to date.
    Last edited by YassirX; January 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Lol I bought M2TW for TATW.
    Because m2tw sucks really hard, and tatw is such fun.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Since all mods are supposed to add and enhance the total war experience, all mods could be considered better than the original. Of course, imcomplete total modifications and betas can provide a worse experience.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Which one is best, Nehrim or Oblivion...

Not a great idea to ask on a Nehrim submod forum eh? (Though Nehrim IS best)

Back on topic: TATW >>> M2TW for me.

But I also enjoyed playing M2TW, which can't be said for many un-modded games.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

First of all ,u compare the vanilla game with a great mod that has his bases on the vanilla? pfff...
    Second the most accurate poll would be Medieval 2 vs The Kingdoms Expansion,this time the answer would be Kingdoms
    just for the answer i voted Third Age Total War

in relation with ur poll ,i ask all of you...Third Age or Stainless Steel ? thats the real question...
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

I went the neutral option as TATW vs vanilla M2TW really is not comparitive.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    in relation with ur poll ,i ask all of you...Third Age or Stainless Steel ? thats the real question...
    Thats a better question. I find both are great to play and generally I like having either one om my computer as I have the option to stop slaying orcss and go and re-create history instead. Mind you the last 4 months has been nothing but TATW.

personally I can't compare.
    both games are nice to play and it depends on what I want atm.
    another example: if I'm hungry for apples, I'll eat apples - if I'm hungry for pears, Ill eat pears.

I would say.. one can`t go without the other?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

I have never played a Medieval 2 campaign

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's not a fair question, TATW is way out of M2TW's league. TATW or SS would be a better question. I'd still go with TATW though.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Never played SS yet, is it really like TATW epicness? but then ofc Medieval age based.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by sanderman2 View Post
    Never played SS yet, is it really like TATW epicness? but then ofc Medieval age based.
    It's improved vanilla game. I don't think it quite reaches TATW epicness but one could argue that it actually has better gameplay.

Why are you even comparing a mod to vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderman2 View Post
    It's not a total conversion like TATW since there are still a lot of vanilla units and some of the factions have near-identical rosters, but it's a great Medieval mod. It's the only way I'll ever play in that theater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast