Thread: Recruiting problems? :/

Morray's Avatar Semisalis

Default Recruiting problems? :/

Hey chaps,

I think im doing something wrong. played two full as i can campaigns so far. orcs of gundabad and ootmm both games my settlements cannot recruit anyone despite having a decent population full religion. all the buildings. but i cant recruit anyone. ive even got to much cash...

also i cant appear to expand my settlements into anything other than how tgey come. i play on VH/VH.

whats goin on? :/
    Loose - Free or released from fastening or attachment "a loose tooth".

Lose - Be deprived of or cease to have or retain "I've lost my appetite".

Default Re: Recruiting problems? :/

Just to be clear.

The enemy is attacking me on a turn basis with full stacks and I have like 3 units trying to defend, it got to a point with Orcs of Gundabad that I'd managed to squeeze a victory using three units of wargs to kill two full stacks of dwarfs.

Surely something is wrong in the amount of turns it takes to recruit units? No?

Just to be further clear, I'm pretty bloody good at TW as well...

Just an idea check your EDB file, both Fortress and City categories of your Barracks. You can recruit somone it would seem as you have Warg units. But this does seem odd if you cannot recruit any Snaga units, can you build a mustering hall and town watch?

Yes I can, once I convert a town to 25% mordor I'm like "yes, time to build an army worthy of...oh" it lets me recruit one Snaga unit in...8 turns time...?

Mean while the enemy has set upon me with a full stack retaliation...

Is it just the training times are supposed to be THAT long? If so I just don't understand how I can win? I'm playing as Ootmm at the mo, turn 62 ish and I've got 14 settlements, the only place I can recruit anyone now is Mines of Moria.

mSo I just wanted to see if its the game supposed to be like this?

Also something I have realised is tat if I do retrain someone I have to wait another 8-9 turns for a new unit...

Most recruitment times are fairly long. In addition, something they introduced recently is the concept of 'favoured terrain' on the campaign map.

Places that are not your preferred terrain get penalties to recruit time.(No, you never get a 'bonus'-only penalties.) Every settlement now has a 'building' with a lore entry on the area and more importantly telling you what the terrain is. Your recruitment buildings all have a note in them saying where your buildings work best at. For instance, Orcs recruit at their best in Mountain terrain.

Most places with a custom look on the Campaign Map can't be expended further(Certain exceptions may apply).