Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V4 - What is your favorite unit?

Default V4 - What is your favorite unit?

Playing with my favorite Romuli in v.4 and after defeating wave after wave of Uruks who were trying to corner me, I was thinking about how much I really like my good old legionaries! I think they are one of the most reliable units of the theran world, very resilient and with a very "epic" feeling...

And so I decided to open this thread in order to find out what is your favorite unit...

Not necessarily the one you consider to be the best in battle. Maybe it is a unit that has won you an unexpected victory, maybe you just like the looks of it, maybe you are intrigued by the unit's description, maybe all of the above..

So, who are your favorite warriors in the world of Thera?

P.S. TFON many many thanks for this great mod, your hard work is really appreciated!!!

Malin's Avatar Civis

Default Re: V4 - What is your favorite unit?

Mine have to be the Buccaneers. Effective at range, since they all shoot at once + screw up morale, and in close-combat too, they're quite versatile.

Yup, the Buccaneers look very cool with their hats, breastplate, pistol and sword. Also the Elisabethan units look neat. I especially like the Jaguar skins on them. And of course I'm a huge fan of the Romuli Legionnaires, in particualar the Praetoriani, they look so elite. And the gun and flamethrower legionnaires are super cool. I also do like the Uruks, the units and also because they are some sort of savages with a Greek/Roman culture. For some reason the Reptarii seem very cute and cuddly. Maybe its because they aren't capable of splitting your head in two with a big-ass axesword . Lao Che units aren't doing bad either on the coolness scale, but I haven't played a campaign as them so I can't really say. Oh and the Kulkula riders are just badass .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Valiente Piqueros. They kill almost anything. I wiped out two units of dismounted Chivalric Knights with them.

It's probably also because I love the "Spanish Empire" feeling of these guys, but I have only praise for the Valiente.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Personally I love the new Privateer roster and the various Callisto units, but I obviously like all the units to some extent or I would not of included them.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Obviously, I love Romuli legionaries of all kinds. I'm also quite fond of the Torvii... and the Hastatii, the Lancearii, the Equites Sagitarii, the Sagitarii Auxilia, the Samnites; hell, I even like Uruk fodd-I mean, "gladiators".

There's a soft spot in my heart for Caladoni Sord and the various longbowmen of the Gaelics. I really like send a wild barbarian charge under the cover of a rain of arrows. the various orders of the Pale Knights (Knights of Acre, Knights of Bae Eden, Hospitallers, Templars, etc...) are really fun to use, especially when you can assemble a massive force of them.

Surprised no one mentioned the Blood Knights.

Those guys are just scary as hell.

Also, I have a soft spot for the Avalon roster

Ah, yes! The Blood Knights! ... I don't doubt their usefulness, but I've actually never used them. I had two units of them on standby but I accidentally saved over my Dracule campaign. I'll have to start up a new one, because that was an awesome experience.

And if I can find the patience of slowly conquering Hadea with infantry, then I'll try another Dominion campaign. I sort of rage-quit after my heir turned rebel, hahaha.

I've got to say the Tahar bodyguards, those elephants really are incredible .

They're monsters.. nothing more to it really.

Had 2 groups of dismounted blood knights, cut a bloody path through 800 paynal warriors.
    It was nothing short of amazing.

(ofcourse, not many of them remained afterwards xD)

Wotan Granz Kalevala. Classy as hell, and they hit hard.

I can't decide what unit is my absolute favorite, but I really like the revamped and slightly modernized Dracule roster. They seem to put up quite a fight against the Faust because of their adequate musket infantry and new cavalry. Also, many of the ONeill units appeal to me because of their look, They would be one definite favorite of mine would it not be for their green colours (I'm sorry, but I just don't like green ). The new Callisto priests also work really well, and they're very fun to use. Valhallian units really have a Norse feeling now, much more improved from V3.

I wish that I had the time to play this mod more often so that I can get used to all the fun units. But yeah, me switching from a students' life to having a fulltime job made me really short on playtime.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    I've got to say the Tahar bodyguards, those elephants really are incredible .
    I prefer Mammucs to the elephants, just because I think visually they are amazing

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    I prefer Mammucs to the elephants, just because I think visually they are amazing
    Normally I'd agree.

But having slaughtered so many of them in one of my Dracule campaigns, the very sight of them makes me a bit sick ;P

Visually, the Mammucs. Practically, I prefer some good ol' rocket firing elephant killing machines.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    Valiente Piqueros. They kill almost anything. I wiped out two units of dismounted Chivalric Knights with them.

It's probably also because I love the "Spanish Empire" feeling of these guys, but I have only praise for the Valiente.
    100% this.

I also rather like the Dismounted Halbbruders.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Borgia Guard and shield wall = pure awesomeness

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
    I also rather like the Dismounted Halbbruders.
    They are great, but the Ritterbrüders are easily my favourite Teutonic unit. Actually, they probably have one of my favourite rosters in general .

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    They are great, but the Ritterbrüders are easily my favourite Teutonic unit. Actually, they probably have one of my favourite rosters in general .
    See, I expected to love the Ritterbruders, but somehow don't. Maybe their mounted versions are sufficiently awesome (I haven't used them much yet), but Dismounted Ritterbruders seem to die in droves and don't have the armor-piercing ability of the Dismounted Halbbruders. I mean, come on—heavy armor, a shield, and (impossibly) a halberd! They destroy armored opponents on foot, and they absolutely ruin enemy cavalry.

Mine are the Mordred Knights. They are really cool as a counterpart to Avalon. After them I like the Grail Clerics most. They have that real paladin feel which I absolutely love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast