View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    inanzitutto grazie per aver tenuto aperto quella discussione ..me ne ero scordato e ci contribuiro' , si se va tutto bene con la gold ed e' totalmente senza difetti lo uppo in altri posti
    Benone! =D +rep cmq

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Campidoctor

Just did a few custom battles with different clans before starting campaign to see the new units, and wow. Just wow. Best I've seen the game look, it's a joy to see every unit and every soldier in action! All the new additions, variations, katana sheaths(!), everything looks amazing. Started a Date campaign now, almost a year in with an initial battle against Mogami looming which I'll pick up from soon as I get back home after some food. I can't wait, Gold is GOLD.

I'm curious though, I don't exactly remember how all the samurais used to look, are the Yari Samurai currently the least changed or am I just confused? They seem to have less of a difference than the rest of the units, although they might be totally new but different looking from other types of samurai, I can't tell.

Campaign is fun as hell btw, after taking Ugo as I was marching south for Uzen, a Honma army of equal size to mine had already landed ashore coming from their island! They're at war with Mogami as well, and it was literally a race to see who could take the castle, we were exactly next to each other for several seasons marching towards the goal, but with them ahead of me by a turn basically I would catch up next to them on my turn, they'd go ahead during ai. Then something amazing happened at the end of Spring 1547, as they marched ahead of me once more suddenly at the very extent of my fog of war, I saw the body collapse back on the ground. In early Summer, my Daimyo's army would come across the battlefield where the possibly last of the Mogami defenders had defeated the invading Honma forces, only now to have to face the Date with their depleted forces. That battle is coming up next for me, this is good stuff!

but after 30 seconds of waiting using the slow download as i dont wanna sign up... nothing popped up and when i right clicked the download button to get the file.. the file sizes 22.2 kb :S

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeyshot View Post
    but after 30 seconds of waiting using the slow download as i dont wanna sign up... nothing popped up and when i right clicked the download button to get the file.. the file sizes 22.2 kb :S
    no of course not ..beware to click to not download it with filesfactory download manager ( uncheck the "download with filefactory download manager ) and all will be fine

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

'm curious though, I don't exactly remember how all the samurais used to look, are the Yari Samurai currently the least changed or am I just confused? They seem to have less of a difference than the rest of the units, although they might be totally new but different looking from other types of samurai, I can't tell.
    you are right ..ivent touched much the yari samurai because are the most common unit you will see on the field ...so i cant give them unique textures otherwise there would be too much uniformity , they so still have the clan colours

you probably do something wrong , be careful to UNCHECK the request to use the download manager , anyway in the next days i will upload it in other places ( maybe the workshop too )

do someone know how to remove the poll from the first page ??
    Last edited by Fra70; March 30, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Final edition ! This is wunderbarific !!!

Fran, maybe in the presentation, you should tell newcomers to set unit size to ultra, so they don't do the same error than me for their first campaign.
    Last edited by Yerevan; March 30, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

This mod seemed really interesting and to my liking with the slow paced campaign so I gave it a shot

Very nice work Fra70!!

I'm getting cannon sounds on Chosokabe bow samurai and Chosokabe Bow Monks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chih View Post
    This mod seemed really interesting and to my liking with the slow paced campaign so I gave it a shot

Very nice work Fra70!!

I'm getting cannon sounds on Chosokabe bow samurai and Chosokabe Bow Monks though.
    yes checked and you are right ..i will change their numbers and lets hope are the last ones with that problem ( ive checked also many others and all seems fine )
    i will update soon the file ( it will not cause harm to campaigns ) and i will add a few little things
    - i will make the ronins really look like ronins , now they look too uniformed
    - i will change some clan attitudes
    -i will shadow the odishi of the new do maru
    Last edited by Fra70; March 30, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Campidoctor

PHEW, very glad to hear it will be save game compatible. Upcoming changes sound great as usual.

This looks incredibly promising. I'll check it out later.

The Great War Mod for NTW!

Campidoctor

The thing I was saying about certain resources, and the buildings/icons for them being strange... I just took a city and here's an example of it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In this case, there is no 'roads' building chain, and instead this 'Blank/Town' takes its place. When you right click, nothing shows up in the encyclopedia, just whatever was last opened there appears. I'm kinda worried about this in particular right now because there's no option to improve roads in this province, which may prove very disadvantageous.

I think other times I noticed it was for unique region resources, this would show up and on the map there wouldn't be an icon for the resource, just a clan flag in the spot. Any idea what it's from? Any way to change it back to roads in this region? It seems like a major roadblock for my progress if my armies can't march and replenish as efficiently as they could otherwise through this region especially moving forward.

That being said, I just realized the bonuses it offers seem similar to, but not exactly the same as what post roads/stations would provide. I don't have the art mastered to build those, I just conquered this territory with it already maybe this has something to do with it? But I don't recall anything like this in vanilla or other mods, but maybe it was there and I just don't remember... Before this I did see the same icon in some other towns as one of my ships was passing along coastlines and I would look at the towns, but I don't remember what they were taking the place of, I'll take more screens when I come across them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    The thing I was saying about certain resources, and the buildings/icons for them being strange... I just took a city and here's an example of it.

In this case, there is no 'roads' building chain, and instead this 'Blank/Town' takes its place. When you right click, nothing shows up in the encyclopedia, just whatever was last opened there appears. I'm kinda worried about this in particular right now because there's no option to improve roads in this province, which may prove very disadvantageous.

I think other times I noticed it was for unique region resources, this would show up and on the map there wouldn't be an icon for the resource, just a clan flag in the spot. Any idea what it's from? Any way to change it back to roads in this region? It seems like a major roadblock for my progress if my armies can't march and replenish as efficiently as they could otherwise through this region especially moving forward.

That being said, I just realized the bonuses it offers seem similar to, but not exactly the same as what post roads/stations would provide. I don't have the art mastered to build those, I just conquered this territory with it already maybe this has something to do with it? But I don't recall anything like this in vanilla or other mods, but maybe it was there and I just don't remember... Before this I did see the same icon in some other towns as one of my ships was passing along coastlines and I would look at the towns, but I don't remember what they were taking the place of, I'll take more screens when I come across them again.
    The bonuses are exact the same of a road offer at level 3 ...since there is no way to add a building slot to a region the only way is to substitute an existing one . So i thought that was better to substitute the roads because they are not part of the "strategic" planning of a player . So the minor clan building offer already developed roads AND a AOR unit . Basically dont change anything from the gameplay , simply that region have already quite developed roads because of the presence of an important minor clan , thats it . The icon ( that is the fujiwara castle from GEM ) is just there to symbolize the minor clan presence .

IMPORTANT ...there is an animation bug in meleee from pike units ( they used somethimes sword posture ...but without the sword so was pretty ridicolous to see ) ...im working on the pike animation file to solve it ..if its not possibile ive to put back the katana to long pike units OR put the yari animation to pikes ...checking ...

Campidoctor

Ooo, very clever. That settles that for me, thanks.

Putting the katana back on pike units means they'll be using it, or it just appears on them but they don't use it? I'm guessing that's a stupid question, but hey. There you go.

Briareos's Avatar Libertus

They should use them IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    yes checked and you are right ..i will change their numbers and lets hope are the last ones with that problem ( ive checked also many others and all seems fine )
    i will update soon the file ( it will not cause harm to campaigns ) and i will add a few little things
    - i will make the ronins really look like ronins , now they look too uniformed
    - i will change some clan attitudes
    -i will shadow the odishi of the new do maru
    Great! Looking forward to starting a Chosokabe campaign without cannon sounds

Anyway, I started a Takeda campaign on legendary yesterday and it is a lot of fun! One of the best things about your mod is the 12 TPY and the movement points. There's so much more field battles than in vanilla and other mods

Right now im working deep to create 3 sets of yari animations

Short yari - the one used for example that yari samurai ...they work find as they are , however they hold the katana on the side just for an aestetic touch

Medium yari - the one used for example by common yari ashigaru ... they are changed , no more katana use , just use of spears , they hols a waikizashi on the side for an aestetic touch

Long yari - the one used by Oda special unit... they use the waikizashi for very short range meleee ...because swinging the long yari will be ridicolous to see

i hope the definitive version that will be called simply TRUE SAMURAI will be ready for this evening
    it will also include the new ronin units and some changes in clan attitudes ...and of course all the sound fixes

Campidoctor

That sounds beautiful man, still save compatible right? Just took over Fukushima in starting a war with powerful Ashina clan, the battle for the north will be decided in the coming years!

Edit in a question here, just saw this thread for an amazing little mod.
    Daimyos & Generals MOD
    I'm wondering if True Samurai has made changes to battle_personalities table and unit_stats_land tables for general's units? I'm really interested in using the general animation mod part with the sitting on stool, fan thing, and if possible the bodyguards kneeling version. (I'll probably also use the Date Masamune eyepatch mod as well since I was kind of unsure about the current model in my campaign, I could see the eyepatch on the icon model in campaign map, but not in battle, thought it might be a graphics bug but it really is an eyepatch, cool!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    That sounds beautiful man, still save compatible right? Just took over Fukushima in starting a war with powerful Ashina clan, the battle for the north will be decided in the coming years!

Edit in a question here, just saw this thread for an amazing little mod.
    Daimyos & Generals MOD
    I'm wondering if True Samurai has made changes to battle_personalities table and unit_stats_land tables for general's units? I'm really interested in using the general animation mod part with the sitting on stool, fan thing, and if possible the bodyguards kneeling version. (I'll probably also use the Date Masamune eyepatch mod as well since I was kind of unsure about the current model in my campaign, I could see the eyepatch on the icon model in campaign map, but not in battle, thought it might be a graphics bug but it really is an eyepatch, cool!)
    regarding the daimyos and generals from Bullgod ive used the generals clothes either for them on the field ( and on the campaign map and diplomatic screens ) and for many units too ...ivent used the stool sitting because it gave some minor glitches , also ive removed little parts to not mess the selection screen ...was a very useful mod expecially for the silk colours and some do maru odoshi ( and of course the very cool generals )
    OF course True Samurai did made changes to unit_stats_land ..is the most important file of all

Campidoctor

Oh, weird. I haven't seen the other clan generals so maybe it was just Date Masamune that was missing something to make him not look like that in game and on the map... I also used the portrait for him from that thread which gives him an eyepatch to match, good stuff. Portraits for all the other generals too if they're being used.

What kind of minor glitches were happening with the stool sitting I wonder? The only I saw mentioned in the thread was during general speeches, looks like it's on his back or something. Anything besides that?

And yeah, I didn't really read or process what those two tables were, just copy pasted the thing that was mentioned being important for compatibility to make sure. But I guess if it's only the unit_stats one that's changed, and not battle_personalities, means I can maybe use the sitting general version with standing bodyguards? Since only the kneeling ones changed the stats I think...

are there any other links to the download the one you have up is broken