View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI v3 FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by vonKrysiak View Post
    Two things:
    - first of all big thank you for making this mod, looks amazing from reading all the features.
    - second of all, I could have noobed out but after downloading your mod from the front page I have noticed that Ikko Ikki units have default 1 round training time which as you can imagine is game breaking for anyone with the dlc. I have downloaded 1.5 version of pack file manager hoping to fix it myself or at least investigate but it crashes each time I try accessing db\units stats land tables\units stats land where I believe all the nit info is kept? (a bit rusty havent played/modded shogun in over a year hehe)
    I would appreciate the answer so I can enjoy a bit of shogun -I assume I have either downloaded wrong file or something but if thats the case that there is such a problem just a heads up.
    Well was to give an initial advantage to the ikko ikki and more problems in the long run ( after all even the Levy ashigaru units have a 1 round building time even if they are a bit weaker ) ...actually some Ikki players have said that the faction is even too difficult to play while if played by the AI the Ikko usually expand of 3-4 regiorns before making too many enemies and being erased . Anyway i will think about that , i will be interested if you play the ikki faction for some years and tell me the experience and corrections to do .

IMPORTANT

here the units names to be added at the end of the Localization file for each language . each unit name must be repeated 4 times at the end of the list like in the example at the bottom . that is of course for the LEFT column while in the RIGHT one have to write the name in his languages and can find references of descriptions and names in units.loc and unit_description_texts.loc ...i will do the Italian localization file but for the others i cant do much else cos i dont have the localizations files and neither of course i know the language

Chosokabe_bow_ashigaru
    farmers_iga_ninja
    Genin_ninjas
    Iga_Ninja_Ashigaru
    inf_Levy_Ashigaru
    inf_missile_matchlock_garrison
    Kofuku_ji_Levy
    Kuroda_ashigaru
    Late_Ashigaru
    Oda_bow_ashigaru
    Oda_matchlock_ashigaru
    Oda_yari_ashigaru
    Otomo_matchlock_ashigaru
    republic_levy_Ashigaru
    Shunin_ninjas
    Todai_Ji_Ashigaru
    Uesugi_naginata_warrior_monks
    Ukita_ashigaru
    Asakura_Bow_Samurai
    Asano_Katana_Samurai
    Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry
    Chosokabe_bow_hero
    Chosokabe_bow_samurai
    Date_nodachi_samurai
    Fujibayashi_Retainers
    Hattori_Retainers
    Honda_Matchlock_Samurai
    Hosokawa_naginata_samurai
    Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry
    inf_nanban_yari_samurai
    inf_shock_samurai
    Jonin_Ninjas
    Jumonji_Yari_Samurai
    Kato_Yari_Cavalry
    Maeda_Light_Cavalry
    Momochi_Retainers
    Otomo_matchlock_samurai
    Shibata_Yari_Samurai
    Shimazu_katana_hero
    Shimazu_katana_samurai
    Takeda_bow_cavalry
    Takeda_greatguard
    Takeda_katana_cavalry
    Takeda_light_cavalry
    Takeda_yari_cavalry

units_on_screen_name_
    unit_description_texts_description_text_
    unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_
    unit_description_texts_long_description_text_

EXAMPLE

units_on_screen_name_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_description_text_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_long_description_text_farmers_iga_ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    IMPORTANT

here the units names to be added at the end of the Localization file for each language . each unit name must be repeated 4 times at the end of the list like in the example at the bottom . that is of course for the LEFT column while in the RIGHT one have to write the name in his languages and can find references of descriptions and names in units.loc and unit_description_texts.loc ...i will do the Italian localization file but for the others i cant do much else cos i dont have the localizations files and neither of course i know the language

Chosokabe_bow_ashigaru
    farmers_iga_ninja
    Genin_ninjas
    Iga_Ninja_Ashigaru
    inf_Levy_Ashigaru
    inf_missile_matchlock_garrison
    Kofuku_ji_Levy
    Kuroda_ashigaru
    Late_Ashigaru
    Oda_bow_ashigaru
    Oda_matchlock_ashigaru
    Oda_yari_ashigaru
    Otomo_matchlock_ashigaru
    republic_levy_Ashigaru
    Shunin_ninjas
    Todai_Ji_Ashigaru
    Uesugi_naginata_warrior_monks
    Ukita_ashigaru
    Asakura_Bow_Samurai
    Asano_Katana_Samurai
    Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry
    Chosokabe_bow_hero
    Chosokabe_bow_samurai
    Date_nodachi_samurai
    Fujibayashi_Retainers
    Hattori_Retainers
    Honda_Matchlock_Samurai
    Hosokawa_naginata_samurai
    Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry
    inf_nanban_yari_samurai
    inf_shock_samurai
    Jonin_Ninjas
    Jumonji_Yari_Samurai
    Kato_Yari_Cavalry
    Maeda_Light_Cavalry
    Momochi_Retainers
    Otomo_matchlock_samurai
    Shibata_Yari_Samurai
    Shimazu_katana_hero
    Shimazu_katana_samurai
    Takeda_bow_cavalry
    Takeda_greatguard
    Takeda_katana_cavalry
    Takeda_light_cavalry
    Takeda_yari_cavalry

units_on_screen_name_
    unit_description_texts_description_text_
    unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_
    unit_description_texts_long_description_text_

EXAMPLE

units_on_screen_name_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_description_text_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_farmers_iga_ninja
    unit_description_texts_long_description_text_farmers_iga_ninja
    ALSO whatever is Sakai in the left column should be Asakura in the right ...and whatever is Hattori in the left should be Iga Sokoku Ikki in the right ( except family names )

I don't know what is wrong but, most of your new unit names aren't even in your text files (in your mod). I try to find unit names in your mod and I can't. For example "Chosokabe_bow_hero" i can't fin this name in your text.

I was trying to find all names and use "copy and paste" text from your mod in to my language localization file, and i can't. There is no any new unit names in your text files. I extracted all your text files in to .csv file via "Pack File Manager 2.4.1" I fry to search this names which you give us, and I was unable to find it.

I attachment a polish localization file. Maybe this will help you. I'm too stupid.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

In my Shimazu campaign (level hard/hard), I found myself with a total money of 80000 and some of my northern kYusshu province are generating almost 4000 money per turn !

I doesn't have any access to my desktop at the moment so I can't verify the number of turns in this campaign. But it can't be later than 1550.

After my conquest of Kyushu wich was diffcult at the begining, and after I did the right alliances I had a long period of peace. But still... I'm surprised. I'm usually not so clever with economy.

Dooz mentionned sompething similar this in his Shimazu camapaign so I was wondering if this is related yo Kyusshu only...
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    I don't know what is wrong but, most of your new unit names aren't even in your text files (in your mod). I try to find unit names in your mod and I can't. For example "Chosokabe_bow_hero" i can't fin this name in your text.

I was trying to find all names and use "copy and paste" text from your mod in to my language localization file, and i can't. There is no any new unit names in your text files. I extracted all your text files in to .csv file via "Pack File Manager 2.4.1" I fry to search this names which you give us, and I was unable to find it.

I attachment a polish localization file. Maybe this will help you. I'm too stupid.
    i will prepare that file for you and then you will add the polish translations in the right column

In my Shimazu campaign (level hard/hard), I found myself with a total money of 80000 and some of my northern kYusshu province are generating almost 4000 money per turn !

I doesn't have any access to my desktop at the moment so I can't verify the number of turns in this campaign. But it can't be later than 1550.

After my conquest of Kyushu wich was diffcult at the begining, and after I did the right alliances I had a long period of peace. But still... I'm surprised. I'm usually not so clever with economy.

Dooz mentionned sompething similar this in his Shimazu camapaign so I was wondering if this is related yo Kyusshu only...
    maybe you have a undersized army .... tell me what will happen when you will start to conquer the continent and you will need to have 2 or 3 good armies and you will need to buy alliances . Im waiting other news from you ( plus ..how many trade nodes you have ? Also trades are easy for you cos is still active the horse trading bug ( from higo ) , corrected in the gold version .
    Last edited by Fra70; March 18, 2013 at 06:43 AM.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post

Oh, no my issue was exploiting the horse resource trade bug for huge sums of money up front. Meaning I got between 20,000-50,000 just for making a trade deal with some factions after acquiring the horse resource, whereas before that they wouldn't even accept trade deals when I payed them. Had it not been for that, I was having quite a bit of difficulty maintaining my economy... although I did get a little greedy and made a full stack samurai army to conquer Kyushu. :o Before the trade exploit, I did have to disband quite a few units from that army however, once I started descending into bankruptcy during my advance into the central regions and my daimyo was losing honor. So I never actually got to the point of conquering all of the island without first basically cheating my way to this money and allowing me the freedom to wage war without economic worries after that point, can't really confirm or deny if it would have gotten much easier anyway after conquering it all legitimately.

I'm very interested in how you fixed the horse trade bug Fra, happy to hear it's even possible. Sometimes things like that feel like they might be hard coded screw ups, glad it's not in this case. Though I did read somewhere that some other mods said they fixed it but it was still an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I'm very interested in how you fixed the horse trade bug Fra, happy to hear it's even possible. Sometimes things like that feel like they might be hard coded screw ups, glad it's not in this case. Though I did read somewhere that some other mods said they fixed it but it was still an issue...
    of course i cant be sure until ive tested it but in a file the "willing" of factions to trade for horses was set at 1000 while all the other resources were set at 500 ...not ive put horses too at 500 and we will see how it work !

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

maybe you have a undersized army .... tell me what will happen when you will start to conquer the continent and you will need to have 2 or 3 good armies and you will need to buy alliances . Im waiting other news from you ( plus ..how many trade nodes you have ? Also trades are easy for you cos is still active the horse trading bug ( from higo ) , corrected in the gold version .
    Exactly, the cash began to flow in after we shimazu took Higo ! So, it must be the horse trading bug.

And, as I said we've been thru a long period of peace as our kikkawa allies have conquered all the western provinces of the continent (from Nagato to Bitchu). So, yes, our Daymio has disbanded many units and found himself with an undersized army :-/ Now Shimazu Toshihisa certainly wouldn't dare going to war without having his army enlarged.

I managed to adapt twosocks's sound mod to the latest patch and it works perfectly with your mod. The two associated makes a perfect game experience.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

I did work today to be sure that no one using a spear will use a katana during fights ...i think that data work is very close to an end ....

Meanwhile ive decided that the "candy" for the GOLD version will be 2 other minor clans units , totally textured by me that i will try to historically place in areas not covered by the other minor clans ( that mean something at the 2 opposed extremities of Honshu . So i will add the two names to the Localizations and release the localizations anyway BEFORE the GOLD release so they will not have to wait too much .

Campidoctor

So do they have katanas appearing on them, they just don't use it? Or are they gone completely. And does it apply to all spear units, including yari samurai for example? Or more for the ashigaru units? I like the idea behind this, especially for ashigaru, always felt like their spears weren't fully utilized since they went to the sword so easily. I wonder what the effect will be on gameplay in practice, can't wait to see.

New units are always a welcome sight, woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    So do they have katanas appearing on them, they just don't use it? Or are they gone completely. And does it apply to all spear units, including yari samurai for example? Or more for the ashigaru units? I like the idea behind this, especially for ashigaru, always felt like their spears weren't fully utilized since they went to the sword so easily. I wonder what the effect will be on gameplay in practice, can't wait to see.
    New units are always a welcome sight, woot!
    Side katana gone ,watching ashigaru with the katana was a pain . ..now the fights are MUCH more beautiful to watch because you see the two sides "spearing" each other in a very realistic way . I did remove it from everyone holding a spear because really there are no reports of samurai switching to a katana in melee and thats make the katana units really different .

Hmm... Played a little bit of Mori on H/H and Amako are a bit of a paper tiger. Using yari samurai as front line troops I basically gutted their 2/3 stack of mainly yari ashigaru, light cav and bow ashis in Iwami. Interestingly, my own archers seemed to totally fail to inflict any sort of damage shooting from elevated position, while their bow ashis, shooting from down up, totally massacred my bows. Downhill charge from 2 units of yari sams in 2 rows + 3 units of levies made short work of their ashigaru. Brilliant.

I have to say you were right and I was just using the levy in a wrong way; used as backup and support for samurai they completely make sense.

Really glad you only just touched up melee defense in the Gold version, can't wait to try it. I have a feeling this will extend the battles by just a smidgen but that's enough to proactively plan unit maneuvers.

Ouchi, on the other hand are now gobbling up Kyushu faster than you can say oyasuminasai. I wonder if this is because Amako had been suppressed by me or whether this is just a one-off occurrence. They just picked a fight with Shoni so that will be interesting to watch. Ito are, typically, doing well.

I'll report further once I get a few more turns in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
    Hmm... Played a little bit of Mori on H/H and Amako are a bit of a paper tiger. Using yari samurai as front line troops I basically gutted their 2/3 stack of mainly yari ashigaru, light cav and bow ashis in Iwami. Interestingly, my own archers seemed to totally fail to inflict any sort of damage shooting from elevated position, while their bow ashis, shooting from down up, totally massacred my bows. Downhill charge from 2 units of yari sams in 2 rows + 3 units of levies made short work of their ashigaru. Brilliant.

I have to say you were right and I was just using the levy in a wrong way; used as backup and support for samurai they completely make sense.

Really glad you only just touched up melee defense in the Gold version, can't wait to try it. I have a feeling this will extend the battles by just a smidgen but that's enough to proactively plan unit maneuvers.

Ouchi, on the other hand are now gobbling up Kyushu faster than you can say oyasuminasai. I wonder if this is because Amako had been suppressed by me or whether this is just a one-off occurrence. They just picked a fight with Shoni so that will be interesting to watch. Ito are, typically, doing well.

I'll report further once I get a few more turns in.

If you try to make things normal for the AI you finish to make them too easy for the player !! ...the best way to do was to remove one of the three provinces from the Amako and give them to another clan but the risk to fall into a CTDs massacre are too high ...

I'm think I'm did it. I add this lines in to polish localization at the and of file:
    Code:
    "units_on_screen_name_Asakura_Bow_Samurai"	"Asakura Bow Samurai"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Asano_Katana_Samurai"	"Asano Katana Samurai"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry"	"Iga Light Cavalry"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Fujibayashi_Retainers"	"Fujibayashi Retainers"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Hattori_Retainers"	"Hattori Retainers"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Honda_Matchlock_Samurai"	"Honda Matchlock Samurai"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Hosokawa_Naginata_Samurai"	"Hosokawa Naginata Samurai"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry"	"Red Devils Cavalry"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_garrison"	"Matchlock Garrison"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Momochi_Retainers"	"Momochi Retainers"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Nanban_Yari_Samurai"	"Nanban Samurai"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Shock_Samurai"	"Shock Samurai"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Jonin_Ninjas"	"Jonin Ninjas"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Jumonji_Yari_Samurai"	"Jumonji Yari Samurai"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Kato_Yari_Cavalry"	"Kato Yari Cavalry"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Kofuku_ji_Levy"	"Kofuku-Ji Levy"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Kuroda_Ashigaru"	"Kuroda Ashigaru"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Late_Ashigaru"	"Late Ashigaru"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Levy_Ashigaru"	"Levy Ashigaru"	"True"
    "units_on_screen_name_Maeda_Light_Cavalry"	"Maeda Light Cavalry"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Shibata_Yari_Samurai"	"Shibata Yari Samurai"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Ukita_Ashigaru"	"Ukita Ashigaru"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Missile_Bow_Samurai_Hattori"	"Hattori Retainers"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Samurai_Hattori"	"Jonin Ninjas"	"False"
    "units_on_screen_name_Inf_Sword_Nodachi_Samurai_Hattori"	"Fujibayashi Retainers"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Nanban_Yari_Samurai"	"Yari Samurai with a western style armour . A bit more protection , a little less agility ."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Asakura_Bow_Samurai"	"They are average Samurai bowmen with one special trait ....they will never retreat !"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Asakura_Bow_Samurai"	"They are average Samurai bowmen with one special trait ....they will never retreat !"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Asakura_Bow_Samurai"	"Long range and short reload time.||High accuracy and morale.||Good in melee.||Vulnerable to cavalry."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Asano_Katana_Samurai"	"A little number of skilled but lightly armoured swordsmen , they inspire nearby troops"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Asano_Katana_Samurai"	"A little number of skilled but lightly armoured swordsmen , they inspire nearby troops"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Asano_Katana_Samurai"	"Excellent in melee. ||Excellent morale. ||Vulnerable to missiles and massed enemy units."	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry"	"A reliable light Cavalry , not so bad dismounted"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry"	"A reliable light Cavalry , not so bad dismounted"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Cav_Iga_Light_Cavalry"	"good for scouting||still inferior to heavy cav||not so bad dismounted"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Fujibayashi_Retainers"	"Very powerful and armoured melee unit"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Fujibayashi_Retainers"	"Very powerful and armoured melee unit"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Fujibayashi_Retainers"	"Excellent melee troops||very well armoured||only 50"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Hattori_Retainers"	"Excellent archers they have also good melee skills . Less armored than normal samurai"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Hattori_Retainers"	"Excellent archers they have also good melee skills . Less armored than normal samurai"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Hattori_Retainers"	"very accurate missile troops||good in melee||fairly armored"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Honda_Matchlock_Samurai"	"Excellent missile troops , great accuracy ,limited in numbers they should avoid a melee"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Honda_Matchlock_Samurai"	"Excellent missile troops , great accuracy ,limited in numbers they should avoid a melee"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Honda_Matchlock_Samurai"	"great accuracy.||good morale and protection.||not as good in melee as other samurai units"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Hosokawa_Naginata_Samurai"	"The wear splendid and efficient armors but are not so skilled and ferocious as their counterparts"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Hosokawa_Naginata_Samurai"	"The wear splendid and efficient armors but are not so skilled and ferocious as their counterparts"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Hosokawa_Naginata_Samurai"	"Defensive infantry, average against cavalry and other infantry.||Weak against matchlocks.||Not as strong as more specialised anti-infantry and anti-cavalry units."	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry"	"Organized and fierce assault unit , excellent against infantry ,just  a bit less against cavalry"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry"	"Organized and fierce assault unit , excellent against infantry , just a bit less against cavalry"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Ii_RedDevils_Cavalry"	"Good against cavalry.||Excellent against infantry.||Good speed.||Weak against spears .||Vulnerable to matchlocks."	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_garrison"	"Garrison Matchlocks unit , Not as good as frontline ones but useful ."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_garrison"	"The arsenal of a big castle could provide many guns for the defence . However the gunners are not the best ones."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_garrison"	"Below average accuracy and reload rate.||Poor in melee.||Average morale."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Inf_Momochi_Retainers"	"A very powerful defensive unit , good against cavalry too"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Inf_Momochi_Retainers"	"A very powerful defensive unit , good against cavalry too"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Inf_Momochi_Retainers"	"Excellent defensive troops||armour piercing naginata||good for everything"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Inf_Nanban_Yari_Samurai"	"Samurai often used western armors but adding some japanese flavour.The samurai were not totally comfortable in it."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Inf_Nanban_Yari_Samurai"	"Samurai often used western armors but adding some japanese flavour.The samurai were not totally comfortable in it."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Inf_Nanban_Yari_Samurai"	"Very good overall unit .||very good armor.||fast to produce"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Inf_Shock_Samurai"	"Some wise Daimyos understood the importance to have very trained and organized troops to lead attacks"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Inf_Shock_Samurai"	"Some wise Daimyos understood the importance to have very trained and organized troops to lead attacks"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Inf_Shock_Samurai"	"Excellent shock unit.||Very good in melee.||Very good morale."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Jonin_Ninjas"	"A unit with elite ninja training and armed with matchlocks"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Jonin_Ninjas"	"A unit with elite ninja training and armed with matchlocks"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Jonin_Ninjas"	"very accurate missile troops||good in melee||weak against cavalry"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Jumonji_Yari_Samurai"	"Samurai armed with a long spear . An interesting tactical option ."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Jumonji_Yari_Samurai"	"Even samurai troops were used with long spears . A tough nut to crack"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Jumonji_Yari_Samurai"	"Solid unit .||Deadly vs Cavalry.||Very good morale."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Kato_Yari_Cavalry"	"They are not numerous and they arent better of others mounted samurai BUT they scare enemies"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Kato_Yari_Cavalry"	"They are not numerous and they arent better of others mounted samurai BUT they scare enemies"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Kato_Yari_Cavalry"	"Fast and very good charge.||Good against other cavalry.||Not many.||They scare enemies"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Kofuku_ji_Levy"	"A long pike militia , very light armoured but deadly against cavalry"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Kofuku_ji_Levy"	"A long pike militia , very light armoured but deadly against cavalry"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Kofuku_ji_Levy"	"Excellent against cavalry||Light armoured||Fair in melee"	"False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Kuroda_Ashigaru"	"A just slightly above average ashigaru unit . But almost free"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Kuroda_Ashigaru"	"A just slightly above average ashigaru unit . But almost free"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Kuroda_Ashigaru"	"Decent against cavalry.||Weak in melee .||Vulnerable to missiles."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Late_Ashigaru"	"A trained and almost professional Ashigaru unit. Reliable and useful in every role ."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Late_Ashigaru"	"The late Ashigaru troops were not anymore support units but started to be a very useful tool in the hands of wise leaders"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Late_Ashigaru"	"Realiable unit||Fair in every role.||are still Ashigaru"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Levy_Ashigaru"	"Just farmers armed and lightly equipped . Only for a support role ."	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Levy_Ashigaru"	"The first Ashigaru troops were poor farmers with little training , only good in a limited support role"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Levy_Ashigaru"	"tactically useful.||low abilities.||Low morale"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Maeda_Light_Cavalry"	"Sturdy and reliable light cavalry .Quite good even dismounted"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Maeda_Light_Cavalry"	"Sturdy and reliable light cavalry .Quite good even dismounted"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Maeda_Light_Cavalry"	"better than normal light cavalry.||still cant compete with heavy mounted samurai"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Shibata_Yari_Samurai"	"Strong melee unit with excellent fatigue resistance , less armoured than the average samurai and weak against cavalry"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Shibata_Yari_Samurai"	"Strong melee unit with excellent fatigue resistance , less armoured than the average samurai and weak against cavalry"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Shibata_Yari_Samurai"	"great melee unit.||powerful charge but less protected and vulnerable to cavalry"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_Ukita_Ashigaru"	"Excellent ashigaru soldiers , Are many and quite close to samurai's abilities"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_long_description_text_Ukita_Ashigaru"	"Excellent ashigaru soldiers , Are many and quite close to samurai's abilities"	"True"
    "unit_description_texts_strengths_and_weaknesses_Ukita_Ashigaru"	"Excellent ashigaru soldiers||Still are not samurai||Useful for everything"	"True"
    and add this lines at the end of localization too, but of course search and delete the same line above in original localization file:
    Code:
    "factions_screen_name_sakai"	"Asakura"	"True"
    "factions_screen_adjective_sakai"	"Asakura"	"True"
    "factions_screen_name_when_rebels_sakai"	"Asakura Rebels"	"True"
    "factions_screen_name_when_shogun_sakai"	"Asakura Shogunate"	"True"
    "factions_attack_desc_sakai"	"You are attacking a Asakura force."	"True"
    "factions_defend_desc_sakai"	"You are defending against a force of Asakura attackers."	"True"
    I don't know what was changed in "startpos_jap_shogun.loc" so i don't add this changes in to polish localization file. File not tested but I think I've add all new texts in to new polish language. If not give me a call
    Attached Files Attached Files

GREAT !!! i cant test it because i dont have the polish version but if it work for you is ok ...one thing , i think that you have to translate the english descriptions if you want that is really a polish versione

when you have done the descriptions translation and tested it i will be more than happy to put a link on the main page and give credits to you

If you try to make things normal for the AI you finish to make them too easy for the player !! ...the best way to do was to remove one of the three provinces from the Amako and give them to another clan but the risk to fall into a CTDs massacre are too high ...
    Totally. I only just tried Mori because in all 3 previous campaigns Amako were kicking ass in Chugoku every time, all the way to Mimasaka. I thought they were maybe overpowered in some way but that is not the case. I think it's just the way the campaigns played out so nothing to worry about.

Overall I think it is good to have a strong / mighty clan clump up a few provinces on the other end of the map so that you know you will have to fight them one day, gives you a target

EDIT: ...and I also love history of the Mori
    Last edited by Plan C; March 19, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
    Totally. I only just tried Mori because in all 3 previous campaigns Amako were kicking ass in Chugoku every time, all the way to Mimasaka. I thought they were maybe overpowered in some way but that is not the case. I think it's just the way the campaigns played out so nothing to worry about.

Overall I think it is good to have a strong / mighty clan clump up a few provinces on the other end of the map so that you know you will have to fight them one day, gives you a target

EDIT: ...and I also love history of the Mori
    Great history for sure until the pathetic end :p ...anyway i will check clans balancements in my "soon to begin" testing sessions